Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
All: Best Use of it's Pre-1985 Vets
Topic Started: Dec 1 2007, 04:27 PM (203 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I was looking at some of the latest episode counts and got to looking at what shows use their vets that have been with the show since before 1985 the best. This is not scientific as I could have miscounted some or anything like that. Plus not all shows have as many vets on their show from before 1985 as some do. But this is just to give us a general idea. I did not do Passions or B&B since neither was here in 1985.

Coming in last with 500 episodes where a pre-1985 vet appeared is no surprise to me, but General Hospital. They have less cast members than most since before 1985 but still enough that it would be nice to see it above 500. The best use of pre-1985 vet for them is Jane Elliot and the worst Rachel Ames with 2. I did give them all the stars like Anthony Geary and Kin Shriner who have left and come back.

Next up the ladder for 2007 is sadly As The World Turns with only 556 episodes featuring a pre-1985 veteran. Their most appearances by a pre-1985 vet was by Martha Byrne and the worst with only 5 was Helen Wagner. With all the vets they have this is really sad for them to be this low.

Next is Days of Our Lives with only 614 episodes featuring a pre-1985 vet in 2007. And that is with giving them Drake Hogestyn just because he was close. With the most appearances was Peter Reckell and worst was Frances Reid with 1. I also gave them all the stars like Kristian who have left and come back.

On the next rung which kind of suprised me was One Life To Live with 620 episodes. Please note that I could not find the November counts so used the October counts. They could be a little higher since Vicki and some of them have been featured more in November. Their best representatives were Robert S. Woods & Robin Strasser with Patricia Elliot pulling up the rear.

Next up the ladder is All My Children who was greatly helped out this year by the increased exposure of David Canary, Susan Lucci and Michael Knight this year. They had 670 episodes featuring pre-1985 vets. Their worst was recurring player Jennifer Bassey with 5.

Next up the ladder was Guiding Light which surprised me to some degree because they don't have as many vets, but they do feature them a lot I guess. They had 700 episodes featuring a vet from pre-1985. Their best rep was Kim Zimmer and their worst sadly was Tina Sloan.

And rounding out the top is no surprise, but Young & the Restless with 811 episodes. This does not include episodes featuring other 50 plus characters like Judith Chapman and Ted Shackelford who did not meet the cut. Their best rep was Peter Bergman and their worst were Eileen Davidson & Beth Maitland tied with 4.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply