Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CBS Announces February Return for 'Big Brother'; and Survivor
Topic Started: Dec 4 2007, 12:52 AM (1,038 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

CBS Announces February Return for 'Big Brother' and 'Survivor'

December 3, 2007

It's the news you've been waiting for Big Brother fans. CBS announced today that Big Brother 9 will premiere on Tuesday, February 12 at 9pm ET/PT. Like past Big Brothers, Big Brother 9 will air three times a week, but unlike previous summer installments, this latest Big Brother will air Tuesdays (at 8pm), Wednesdays (at 9pm) and on Sundays (at 9pm). The Wednesday premiere will be February 13, and the Sunday premiere February 17. CBS also announced the premiere date for season 16 of Survivor. The long running reality series will debut Thursday, February 7 at its usual 8pm ET/PT time slot. No word on the location for Survivor 16.

This Big Brother news is big on a number of fronts and, not to take away from Big Brother fans, it's most significant as a sign that the writers' strike is nowhere near ending. At the very least, it shows CBS's lack of confidence in an imminent resolution. Three hours is a significant portion of prime time real estate, especially for a network that performs as well in the ratings as CBS does. As for Big Brother fans, the prospect of two seasons virtually back to back has to be salivating. Big Brother is a great little franchise to have during a strike, and I'm sure CBS is just fine with their situation relative to the other networks.

Survivor 16's premiere date is no surprise, but there are sure to be some big announcements regarding the series soon. There have been rumors flying about for months that the next season of Survivor would be another all-star edition. Chances are this is the case. More rumors have stated that Survivor 16 would be staying in China because the Survivor team loved working on the current season so much. I doubt that rumor is true. Also, Jeff Probst's contract is up after Survivor 16 and it could be his last.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/big-brothe...turn-14363.aspx

CBS's Revised Programming Schedule Effective in January and February:

Wednesday, Jan. 2
8:00-9:00 PM POWER OF 10
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: NY

Sunday, Jan. 13
9:00-11:00 PM COMANCHE MOON (Part One)

Tuesday, Jan. 15
9:00-11:00 PM COMANCHE MOON (Part Two)

Wednesday, Jan. 16
9:00-11:00 PM COMANCHE MOON (Part Three)

Tuesday, Jan. 22
10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS MYSTERY

Monday, Jan. 28
8:00-8:30 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
8:30-9:00 PM THE CAPTAIN (Series Premiere)
9:00-9:30 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN
9:30-10:00 PM THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE (Season Premiere)
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI

Tuesday, Jan. 29
10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS MYSTERY

Thursday, Feb. 7
8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR 16 (16th Edition Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM CSI
10:00-11:00 PM WITHOUT A TRACE

Tuesday, Feb. 12
8:00-9:00 PM NCIS
9:00-10:00 PM BIG BROTHER 9 (Season Premiere)
10:00-11:00 PM JERICHO (Season Premiere)

Wednesday, Feb. 13
8:00-9:00 PM BIG BROTHER 9
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: NY

Sunday, Feb. 17
7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES
8:00-9:00 PM BIG BROTHER 9
9:00-10:00 PM COLD CASE
10:00-11:00 PM SHARK

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Yippeee!!!
I can't wait

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I can't wait either! I guess it is one good thing coming out of the writer's strike.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

WOOHOOOO! I'm thrilled.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

YES!

King
Member Avatar

I can't wait, but I am sure Alison Grodner will f up this season somehow! :lol:

Jonatha

We are getting some good news today, finally. :)

Andre

Survivor is currently filming in Palau and will be finished around mid-December. I don't want to spoil everything, but several very reliable sources are saying it is half All-Stars and half newbies, a 10-10 split on two tribes. The theme, given they have rented out a local war canoe, is likely to be the war between the two tribes. Also, with 20 players, there will be 15 episodes this season, which will accommodate two double-boot episodes.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I hate the larger casts :( The editers always end up ignoring 4-5 characters that get no screentime.

That's one reason I'm loving China. Almost, all 16 contestants have had screentime.

King
Member Avatar

Survivor China has really rejuvenated my faith and interest in the franchise.

Are there any new additions to the production team this year? The casting and editing have been better than they've been since like...Vanuatu?

Manny
Member Avatar

OMG! BB!!! And it's going after NCIS and as a lead in for CM!! Isn't that great!!

I can't wait!!

Kenny
Member Avatar

YES! Glad it's finally confirmed as official!!

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Woop, Woot! :)

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Writer's strike didn't hurt us much....at least in Primetime. I'll miss 24, but can live without it. BB and Survivor....American Idol, WooHoo.

The new issue of TV Guide has predictions for Survivor-China with ratings and suppositions of placement. Ugh. Amanda has the most marks. Todd is second and Cortney is third. It will probably end up that way unless PG throws a monkey-wrench into it. Denise is listed as the dark horse.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Just read the following RUMOR at Joker's.

"Big Brother 9 'After Dark' is getting axed in favor of a having Sequester house filmed. The sequester house will be filmed by a regular TV crew it will not be a 24Hour live feed. The show will air on ShowTime from midnight to 3 AM on a daily basis."

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Kenny
Dec 10 2007, 03:42 AM
Just read the following RUMOR at Joker's.

"Big Brother 9 'After Dark' is getting axed in favor of a having Sequester house filmed. The sequester house will be filmed by a regular TV crew it will not be a 24Hour live feed. The show will air on ShowTime from midnight to 3 AM on a daily basis."

Love it!

darraholic
Member Avatar

That's a really great idea. I would of loved to have had that during all stars. Marcy & Howie fighting would of been fun to watch.

King
Member Avatar

I love that idea, but it sounds like it's too good to be true. LOL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I don't think it's true, because sequester doesn't start until halfway through the game, and how boring would it be to watch the sequester house during the week that there's only one or two people? LoL

KMan101
Member Avatar

There's a lot of ways they can work the "After Dark" aspect. Maybe do the live feed and then come jury time, switch over?

I'm SO EXCITED about BB9 in February! YAHOO.

I'm pretty pissed at Survivor though. I am LOVING China but am DREADING another season of 20 players, stupid twists and a half ASS roster. UGH. We had two craptastic seasons in Cook Islands and Fiji. PLEASE. Ugh. I'm so upset.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply