Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Biggest Loser News; Red Team Trainer Not Returning
Topic Started: Dec 6 2007, 03:32 PM (269 Views)
King
Member Avatar

Kim Lyons, the trainer who replaced Jillian Michaels on The Biggest Loser during its third season, will not appear on the show’s upcoming fifth season. Jillian Michaels, who returned this season, will return as a trainer alongside Bob Harper for The Biggest Loser 5.

A press release announcing the upcoming fifth season of the show, which will feature couples, says that “[t]he series features trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels.” Kim isn’t mentioned.

An NBC spokesperson confirmed to me exclusively that Kim will not return, as she had other “opportunities,” including the January release of her new book, Kim Lyons’ Your Body, Your Life: The 12-Week Program to Optimum Physical, Mental & Emotional Fitness. The spokesperson said it’s “a possiblity” Kim could return in the future—which, of course, Jillian did this season.

Kim’s publicists said essentially the same thing. “Given the timing of the new season and filming starting so soon after the current season’s closure, Kim had many prior commitments and projects […] that she had to focus on. She is still committed to the Biggest Loser family and remains a valuable part of the show. The door is absolutely open to her returning,” her publicist told me.

On Tuesday’s episode of The Biggest Loser 4, Kim found that her entire team had been eliminated from the competition, the first time that’s happened in the show’s history.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

I didn't like Kim anyways so I hope she stays away forever.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply