Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Big Shots" Off Air
Topic Started: Dec 11 2007, 10:38 PM (278 Views)
King
Member Avatar

Rather than play out the strike-addled string with its freshman series "Big Shots," ABC has decided to take the show off the air.

The network has opted not to air the three remaining original episodes of the series, which had been scheduled for Dec. 13, 20 and 27. In its place following "Grey's Anatomy" on Thursdays, ABC will air repeats of "Grey's" spinoff "Private Practice."

ABC's decision is a little bit of a head-scratcher, given that original episodes of scripted shows will be at a premium as the writers' strike drags on. On the other hand, in a season without a strike, it's unlikely "Big Shots" would have lasted this long.

The show, a buddy dramedy about four CEOs-with-issues (Michael Vartan, Christopher Titus, Joshua Malina and Dylan McDermott), has averaged only about 8.4 million viewers a week this fall and a 3.5 rating in the key adults 18-49 demographic. It squanders more than half the audience of its lead-in; "Grey's" draws just under 20 million viewers and an 8.4 rating in the 18-49 demo.

ABC has more scripted programming in reserve than most of its competitors for the second half of the season. As things stand, the network has eight episodes of "Lost" to air, plus three new series: dramas "Eli Stone" and "Cashmere Mafia" and the comedy "Miss/Guided." Second-year shows "Notes from the Underbelly" and "October Road," which premiered in late November, will also have a good number of episodes to air after the calendar turns.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I'm not surprised, I figured it was a goner.

I wish they would have aired repeats of DSM instead

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Rick
Dec 11 2007, 10:44 PM
I'm not surprised, I figured it was a goner.

I wish they would have aired repeats of DSM instead

co-sign. I wish DSM would get the post-Grey's timeslot.

Mason

I'm not surprised. I've been expecting it for a while. It's too bad, because it had a lot of potential. The writing was just not there.

As for DSM, I of course agree. Private Practice already has its audience, it doesn't need spillover from Grey's.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply