Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: More Charity Rahmer greatness...
Topic Started: Dec 14 2007, 05:24 AM (3,656 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Its truely strange now watching the related clips with Kristen Storms' Belle. Like a different character completely. And as much as I hated her, it does bring back some nostalgia and fondness for better times.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Many hate on Jason Cook, but I thought he was better looking and a much better actor than that dud Brandon Beemer. Loved Charity Rahmer as well! She was so camp and hilarious, just a joy to watch. I was never a fan of the other two Belle's. Martha Madison is too soccer mom for me.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

into_the_skyline
Dec 19 2007, 12:03 AM
Many hate on Jason Cook, but I thought he was better looking and a much better actor than that dud Brandon Beemer. Loved Charity Rahmer as well! She was so camp and hilarious, just a joy to watch. I was never a fan of the other two Belle's. Martha Madison is too soccer mom for me.

IMO Jason Cook and Brandon Beemer are both horrible actors and neither one of them are good looking, at least that's my opinion.

And Charity Rahmer, what is there to say, just awful.

Mason

into_the_skyline
Dec 18 2007, 05:03 PM

Yeah, and it's actors like Charity that have given DAYS a bad name in the past. So I'm glad they dumped her as quickly as they did, and brought on a REAL actress in Martha.

jcar03
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 15 2007, 02:39 AM
She would've, King.

I still think the show and Corday were scared because Kirsten had a big fanbase and they were worried no one would be accepted in the role but Kirsten so they brought on Charity knowing how bad she was.  I mean, how can someone not see it? It was said that she was going through many takes and frustrating her co-stars.  I think they did it so fans would accept the real recast a bit more easily, seeing as how Charity was awful.  I mean, they quickly disposed of her, afterall.

She really did make Jason look good and that says alot :lol: .

I have never thought about that possibility but it definetly would explain a lot. They wanted Martha to be more accepted so they got the worst actress ever to come in.

If that is not the case the show didn't have to time to waste and see if she would improve. Daytime moves fast and word was she held up production because she didn't know what she was doing.

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

I Lord...how I remember those days...the talking dolls, Shawn's cage...horrible Charity. I agree I will never understand who made the choice of Charity over Martha!

cassie1013

Mulder
Dec 14 2007, 05:30 PM
Charity Rahmer made Jason Cook look like an Emmyworthy actor IMHO. Rahmer is the worst actress I've ever seen on tv. She must have been related to somone with the show or had sex with or serviced someone high up to get the role in the first place.

I really don't know, but you may be on to something LOl...like how in the FUCK did she get hired? Good GOD.

I think they wanted someone like KS too, but they picked that? OMG, why did the 'Hogestyn and Rahmer school of acting' clip leave YouTube - I loved that!

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Do I look like I give a bluedilly fuck?!

:o

You know, I've never seen Charity as Belle until today....now I know why everyone was so hard on her, Christ popping peppercorns!!

:puke:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny,Dec 14 2007
05:24 AM
She really was just so bad, she was fantastic.

"WHAT NEWS?!"

I HATE myself for laughing at this, but damn, that VOICE! It's just SO wrong for this role. The high pitch, the "NEEEwwwSSSS.." UGGGGH!!! Wow.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

into_the_skyline
Dec 18 2007, 06:03 PM

Jason has the face, but Beemer has the BODY. And body ALWAYS trumps face.
Especially if the body has a good face.
Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Fixed

LollyPop
Member Avatar

Hahaha

Oh the short lived epic fail of Charity

Memories

lene
Member Avatar

I'll never get tired of seeing Charity!Belle clips. So effing hilarious! :laugh:

james0479
Member Avatar

Damn damn damn....I was late to this party but better late than never!!! To this very day, me and my old childhood Days fan continue to talk and laugh at all that was Charity Rahmer on Days. Yes it's sad but that is one joke that never gets old. I looooove any Rahmer clips. She really did make a name for herself and we all still remember her.....so that's....something! Lol. Thanks SO much for the memories

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I think the clip shows how great an actor Kyle Brandt actually was. To be able to keep a straight face with that girl screeching higher and higher - he was bloody brilliant.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Nov 4 2011, 02:05 AM
I think the clip shows how great an actor Kyle Brandt actually was. To be able to keep a straight face with that girl screeching higher and higher - he was bloody brilliant.
Like most people on DAYS, he was really good near the end of his run.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

what ever happened to that clip "the charity rahmer school of acting" now that was a funny clip, wish it was still around

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 12 2011, 06:06 PM
what ever happened to that clip "the charity rahmer school of acting" now that was a funny clip, wish it was still around
It seems to have disappeared into the ether and it was such a classic.

Watching that clip reminds me of how really, really BAD it truly was and I don't just mean Charity Rahmer's acting.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CAT.

I went facebook stalking and found Charity. She's a mom and yoga instructor now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Video Vault · Next Topic »
Add Reply