Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS Writer Speaks Out On Strike
Topic Started: Dec 22 2007, 05:22 PM (640 Views)
King
Member Avatar

From http://welovesoaps.blogspot.com

It was posted on Monday, but I haven't seen it yet:

Excerpt from Tom Casiello: I am a DAYS viewer going back to my childhood, and I'm proud to say I'm a "fan" as well as a "writer." I was honored - HONORED AND PRIVILEGED - this year to write Sami Brady a wedding, John Black a funeral, a Thanksgiving Phelle and Shelle fans will always remember (and a showdown between Marlena and Stefano I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into), and next week, I'll be waiting with bated breath to see how my Christmas episode turns out on the 26th. And now I'm standing up to the media conglomerates and fighting for what is right. It's been one hell of a year, and I will forever remember 2007. I love what I do, I love the people I do it with, and I love where I do it. I know sometimes we fail you, and sometimes we deliver the goods and surprise you in ways you never imagined... but please know that whether you're praising us or cursing us, we are all - writers, actors, producers and fans alike - SOOO dedicated to this genre and united in this: preserving the past, delivering in the present, and guaranteeing a future. And I thank you for hanging in there with us and being as supportive as you are during such a trying time.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

wow thanks for posting

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm excited to see his Christmas episode as well..And its nice seeing how passionate he is about Days..Hopefully they can resolve this sometime in early 2008...

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Question: If the WGA is now doing independent negotiations, and Days is not really owned by NBC far as I know, is there a shot they could find a solution before a general resolution is approved? Could they end the strike for, say, the P&G soaps or this one more quickly somehow?

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thank you King for sharing this with us. :hail: I had not seen this before. I love much of what this man has written. I support the Writer's strike.

King
Member Avatar

I love this guy. He sounds great. His being a fan of show really comes through in his scripts.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Its nice to hear from others that passionate of the show!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply