Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DWTS: What soap star would you like to see?
Topic Started: Dec 28 2007, 08:44 PM (564 Views)
Jonatha

Subliminal DWTS Messages?

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/

**For a while now there have been rumors that One Life to Live's Kamar del los Reyes might be the next soap star to pop up on Dancing With the Stars. The rumors have it as either the edition this spring or the following one in the fall. Now SoapNet is airing two promos (see above and check out Antalia Promo) both featuring Reyes dancing. Considering Fron's knack for cross promotion could this be the first oh so subtle indication that the rumors might be true? Only time will tell.**

We know James Scott was in the audience but he told SOD he was there to support Cameron Mathison. Susan Lucci has expressed an interest in doing DWTS. I personally, would like to see Kristian Alfonso or Julie Pinson. As for the guys -- too many to mention. :lol:

Which soap star would you like to see on DWTS in the new season?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kserox10

Susan Lucci! She would look HOT!

James Scott!

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Rachel Melvin, but she is a dancer or had formal training.

It would work for Bryan Dattilo for the Spring session as he will be off the screen anyway. He could do well and look really hot.

Mason

I could so see Alison Sweeney doing DWTS. It seems like something right up her ally, and she's always representing DAYS on game shows and whatnot.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Someone from 'Days'! I don't want Susan Lucci on there at all. I think she would annoy me as much as Jane Seymore did.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

"We know James Scott was in the audience but he told SOD he was there to support Cameron Mathison. "

Oh, that sounds SO suspect!
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

JERSoapsFan
Dec 28 2007, 11:53 PM
"We know James Scott was in the audience but he told SOD he was there to support Cameron Mathison. "

Oh, that sounds SO suspect!

Well, to be fair, they are former castmates.

Jonatha

DaysFanJean
Dec 28 2007, 09:50 PM
Rachel Melvin, but she is a dancer or had formal training.

It would work for Bryan Dattilo for the Spring session as he will be off the screen anyway. He could do well and look really hot.

I'd also like to see Thaao, the man oozes elegance. Bryan is a great choice, as well, I'd love to see him win the whole thing. Remember when Peter Reckell was off screen for a couple months and even he said he could have used that time off to go on DWTS. How about Greg Vaughn? The possibilities are endless. :lol:

DramaKing
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 28 2007, 10:10 PM
I could so see Alison Sweeney doing DWTS. It seems like something right up her ally, and she's always representing DAYS on game shows and whatnot.

I could if she was on ABC, not NBC. or if DWTS was on NBC, not ABC.

Tracy Bregman (Lauren, YR). I thinks he would be great!

Jonatha

JackPeyton
Dec 29 2007, 08:09 AM
Mason
Dec 28 2007, 10:10 PM

I could if she was on ABC, not NBC. or if DWTS was on NBC, not ABC.

Tracy Bregman (Lauren, YR). I thinks he would be great!

Jack, that's a great avatar of Kirsten, what a beautiful young woman she's turned out to be.

You're right, it will probably be actors from ABC. I'd love to see Tracy. And the buzz is that Lucci would love to do it. They are hinting at Kamar de los Reyes. I think I would absolutely DIE if it were him or David Fumero. The thought of that makes me dizzy... :)

Mason

That's true, it probably would be someone from ABC...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I could still see Ali doing it and NBC and Days letting her do it just for more publicity. Ali loves competition and reality shows. If Peter Reckell didn't work so much, he would probably do it. He hinted at it in spring when he wasn't working.

I could see Bryan doing it if asked since he will be off. James and Thaoo would be awesome. They would be into it too I think. Kristian Alfonso would be great. She used to ice skate so she may have a chance.

There are so many possibilities but I would think it will be someone ABC related first. They keep putting more and more Disney channel/ESPN people on there to pimp them since they are under the same ownership. I remember Thorsten Kaye critiquing Cameron when he was on there but I doubt he would do it . I could see Frons pushing someone from GH on there thinking it could help ratings.

~bl~
Member Avatar

I thought the same thing when I saw the ads with Kamar dancing on SoapNet. And I wondered if he would be on Dancing with the Stars. If he is fully recovered from the surgery he had earlier in the year, I could see that happening.

It would be cool if someone from Days would be on the show, but would ABC allow someone that regularly appears on another network to be on their biggest reality show.

BL (who is looking forward to the DWTS rumors in 2008.)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, Days is on Soapnet so maybe that helps.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Tanya Boyd

I think she would be great!

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Eric Martsolf, Emily Harper, Lindsay Korman Hartley.

Mason

It would be cool to see Justin and Lindsay Hartley go on the show together.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Mason
Dec 29 2007, 07:53 PM
It would be cool to see Justin and Lindsay Hartley go on the show together.

True...but I would love to see Lindsay and Eric maybe do it together - or even Eric and Emily.. All 3 have formal dance training...:)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I forgot about Eric, Emily, and Lindsey having dance training.

I usually don't like when people come on the show like that though. For me, it's about learning how to dance in front of everyone and growing within the competition. That is what connects them or endears them with the audience and it's usually someone that learns within the competition that wins. I don't mind someone having a little training or knowing how to dance a bit but if they have formal training then that is unfair IMO.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply