Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother 9: The Official Discussion Thread; FINALE IS SUNDAY, APRIL 27th!
Topic Started: Jan 2 2008, 10:29 AM (26,424 Views)
☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Posted Image

CBS is airing a special winter edition of Big Brother, which premieres on Tuesday, February 12th. It will air three times a week on Tuesdays (at 9pm), Wednesdays (at 8pm) and on Sundays (at 8pm).

For those who've never seen the show before, here's the premise: a group of fourteen complete strangers move into a house where they're cut off from the outside world. No televisions, no radios, no telephones, no newspapers... nothing. They're completely cut off from the rest of civilization. Each week, they compete in a competition to win the title of "Head of Household," or 'HoH' for short. Whoever wins HoH then nominates two of their fellow houseguests to be evicted from the Big Brother home. From there, the rest of the house votes and one of those two nominees is then evicted live on CBS. The game continues like this week by week until there are only two people left. From there, all of the evicted houseguests return for the LIVE finale to vote for a winner, and whoever is chosen will win a hefty prize of $500,000.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

When do we get the news about the house and houseguests??

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

There are a ton of spoilers out there, but I haven't seen anything concrete yet. I will look around and post anything solid I find.

Kenny
Member Avatar

They usually don't reveal the actual cast list until about a week or so before the show starts, right?

I plan to get the live feeds again, though. Can't wait!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I wonder what the twist will be this season. I heard something about a celebrity edition. I don't think I want to see that. Go do Surreal Life, not Big Brother.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I doubt that this is a celebrity edition. They wouldn't have had casting calls with normal, everyday people if that was the case, LoL.

King
Member Avatar

I hope the show won't have enough time to conjure up any stupid twists. LOL.

I don't want to see any twists with the contestants; I want to see twists with the GAME. Like...

- an Ultimate Power of Veto that can be used once by the winner any time up until the final six.
- POV winners picking their replacement nominee.
- Two POV winners in a week.
- Two HOH's
- Three Nomination's
- An Inviction
- Letting America Vote Someone Off One Week
- Letting America Pick HOH one Week

There's like a million good twists, and BB always picks bad ones. LOL.

King
Member Avatar

BB can take a cue from Survivor and do fans vs. Favorites. LOL.

Throw them in a house with Monica, Janelle, Jase, Jen Johnson, and Will. It'd be awnnn.

Andre

King
Jan 2 2008, 05:18 PM
I hope the show won't have enough time to conjure up any stupid twists. LOL.

I don't want to see any twists with the contestants; I want to see twists with the GAME. Like...

- an Ultimate Power of Veto that can be used once by the winner any time up until the final six.
- POV winners picking their replacement nominee.
- Two POV winners in a week.
- Two HOH's
- Three Nomination's
- An Inviction
- Letting America Vote Someone Off One Week
- Letting America Pick HOH one Week

There's like a million good twists, and BB always picks bad ones. LOL.

I love the inviction idea....as well as having America vote out one person and have America decide who gets the PoV one week. They should add an extra hint on U.K. BB with a bit more public involvment in certain spots. They did two HoHs in BB7, correct?, so maybe they'll bring it back.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

You didn't get this from me..

Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2007, 10:07 AM
CBS PRESENTS BIG BROTHER 9! NYC OPEN CALL
!

Casting Director: Robert Russell

Imagine living with a group of strangers under one roof, cut off from the outside world, while cameras catch your every move 24 hours a day. All for the chance at winning $500,000.00!

Are you up for the ultimate challenge?

CBS casting directors are looking for attractive males and females ages 21 to 60, must be fun and outgoing and energetic. "Characters" a must, and NY accents are a plus !

On camera auditions will be held in NYC on Sunday November 18th at NY Castings 243 W. 30th St., 3rd Fl. between 7th and 8th Aves. from 12 noon til 8 pm.

Be prepared to give us 2 minutes or less why you would be a great house guest and what sets you apart from the rest and be sure to go to CBS.COM and "fill out" the online application, download it and "bring it with you" to the audition "with a copy of your photo ID".

COME PREPARED AND CAMERA READY!!

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Is there any truth to it only being 6 weeks?

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Nixsoaps
Jan 2 2008, 09:39 PM

I was reading about that this morning. It was said to be just a rumour, but nothing was confirmed yet.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this. I was reading there will be a twist and a plea for supervision so we won't get the disgusting, revolting sort of person who dominated BB8.

Kenny
Member Avatar

What the fuck? Attractive people only is what that casting call is asking for? Bullshit! LoL

Bunky, attractive? Dick, attractive? Amber, attractive? My ass!

darraholic
Member Avatar

Amber's very hot. [jameka]She's gonna be on covers of magazines [/jameka]

I'd rather see ugly people with personalities then boring models ala Mike.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I actually found Dick kinda attractive and my mom did too!

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

So did I. I was put off by his lack of respect for himself or anyone else, though. His demonic satanic appearance was repulsive, but he had a really quirky charm and cute demeanor, too.

King
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Jan 2 2008, 09:49 PM
Nixsoaps
Jan 2 2008, 09:39 PM

I was reading about that this morning. It was said to be just a rumour, but nothing was confirmed yet.

My guess is they will try and stretch it out as much as they can to let it co-exist with the 13 weeks Survivor Cycle.

What else do they have to fill their schedule? :lol:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

darraholic
Jan 3 2008, 02:20 AM
Amber's very hot.  [jameka]She's gonna be on covers of magazines [/jameka]

I'd rather see ugly people with personalities then boring models ala Mike.

Oh the memories...

darraholic
Member Avatar

The best part of BB8 is when Amber stated she wanted to be on Top Model. Then they had a montage of her in a bikini with her flabby stomach showing. Don't like Amber but she was a hoot to watch on the show. Just a walking disaster. Or when Jameka called Dick's mother a bitch <3

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply