Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
US Shows in The Netherlands; in 2007
Topic Started: Jan 5 2008, 05:54 AM (318 Views)
Natalia
Member Avatar

In the 2007 Top 100 (without sports) there's only one US show on August 16 an episode of House MD got 1.462.000 viewers and is number 75 in the 2007 Top 100 of best shows.The best watched program of 2007 was a news broadcast on January 18 2007 when we had a big storm here wich atracted 3.012.000 viewers.

House ,C.S.I (all series) and Law & Order (all series) are the best watched US here the biggest flops here are Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters.Desperate Housewives is also aired on a Belgium channel that everyone in The Netherlands can recieve and the belgium channel is a few episodes ahead of the Dutch channel that airs it so maybe that's why the episodes here don't get much viewers.I don't know why Brothers & Sisters failed here it's not that bad in my opinion but I guess it's a bit to cheesy for Dutch viewers.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Interesting Natalia, Thanks for posting.

I wonder why Brothers & Sisters didn't work? Was it too much family drama maybe? Too much feel good :lol

Manny
Member Avatar

Actually, DH, Lost, Ugly Betty.. all those shows aren't that huge here either. B&S just had it's premiere on Tuesday, so we'll see about that...

I imagine the problem with Lost here is that our TV network waited a long time to get Lost, so many people already watched it via Internet or DVDs or something. And plus, they put it in a really bad time slow (Friday nights - which usually isn't bad for Croatia, but Friday nights is Big Brother Eviction show, so Lost stands no chance against BB Eviction show).

As for UB... we have Croatian version and US version. Croatian version premiered this Thursday and the other network that airs US version put it in the same time slow. So two Ugly Bettys squared off. Croatian version won... LOL

Natalia
Member Avatar

Ugly Betty was a huge flop here.We have Dutch version of it and that was a huge succes the first season but didn't do that well the second season because it was moved to another time and also tranfered to another channel.The Dutch version was aired before the US and the US one and the second season were aired at the same time and there seems to be a trend that copies of US shows aren't doing very well here and most of the time the original US version is failing as well.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply