Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Primetime Ratings: Sunday 1/6/08; Gladiators pulls good #s, Cashmere Bombs
Topic Started: Jan 7 2008, 07:52 PM (277 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Total Viewers
Desperate Housewives 20.0 million
60 Minutes 15.8 million
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition 12.7 million
American Gladiators 12.0 million
Amazing Race 11.4 million
Cold Case 10.8 million
Cashmere Mafia 10.7 million
Deal or No Deal 10.4 million
America’s Funniest Home Videos 8.3 million
The Simpsons (New) 8.2 million
Shark R 7.5 million
King of the Hill R 7.0 million
Family Guy R 6.2 million
American Dad (New) 5.2 million
American Dad R 4.1 million
Crowned 860,000
Life is Wild 847,000 [IMG]http://i2.tinypic.com/6o24zs2.jpg
Aliens in America 679,000
CW Now 645,000

Adults 18-49
Desperate Housewives 7.2/16
American Gladiators 5.9/14
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition 4.7/11
60 Minutes 4.6/12
The Simpsons (New) 3.9/9
Cashmere Mafia 3.8/9
Amazing Race 3.4/8
King of the Hill R 3.3/8
Deal or No Deal 3.0/7
Family Guy R 2.9/7
Cold Case 2.8/7
America’s Funniest Home Videos 2.4/6
American Dad (New) 2.4/5
Shark R 2.2/6
American Dad R 1.9/5
Crowned 0.3/1
Life is Wild 0.3/1
Aliens in America 02/1
CW Now 0.2/1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Eh, good for DH, I guess. Although I expect its numbers to be noticeably lower for the next original episode (whenever that airs). I'm still pissed off about last night's episode.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I was at a bar last night for a friends bday, and they had American Gladiators on..Practically the whole bar (a gay bar) was watching the show...Glad its a hit for NBC, a 5.9 demo is huge...hopefully it only airs one night a week though...We don't need another deal or no deal..

And i tuned in for the first half of Cashmiere Mafia, but got bored after 20 minutes and deleted it off my dvr...Not suprised that it bombed, i guess there was a big drop off from the first to last half hour..

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Kevc1980
Jan 7 2008, 08:14 PM
I was at a bar last night for a friends bday, and they had American Gladiators on..Practically the whole bar (a gay bar) was watching the show...Glad its a hit for NBC, a 5.9 demo is huge...hopefully it only airs one night a week though...We don't need another deal or no deal..

And i tuned in for the first half of Cashmiere Mafia, but got bored after 20 minutes and deleted it off my dvr...Not suprised that it bombed, i guess there was a big drop off from the first to last half hour..

Yep, it dropped 2.1 million in the second half hour and only drew 52% of DH's audience. Brothers & Sisters usually draw 68%-73%

King
Member Avatar

I am glad that Cashmere Mafia didn't do good. The premise is so...overdone!

Mason

King
Jan 7 2008, 07:20 PM
I am glad that Cashmere Mafia didn't do good. The premise is so...overdone!

That's exactly how I feel. While watching DH, during a promo for CM, my mom said it looked kind of good, and I said something to the effect of, "No it doesn't! It looks like yet another bad rip-off of Sex and the City!" And I still stand by that opinion.

King
Member Avatar

I agree. It's So Sexy and the City!

And doesn't Candace Buschnell have a show coming out on ABC this season too which also looks just like her Sex And the City? She's ripping off her own show! LOL.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

King
Jan 7 2008, 08:25 PM
And doesn't Candace Buschnell have a show coming out on ABC this season too which also looks just like her Sex And the City? She's ripping off her own show! LOL.

Its Lipstick Jungle on NBC...and the premise looks the same..but i like that cast a little better with Brooke Shields, Kim Raver (24), and Lindsay Price (90210)..so i'll tune in for that show..

King
Member Avatar

Ah, yes, Kev! NBC. That's it.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I'm meh with Gladiators ratings. I love the show but this newer version sucks compared to the original. I hope they fix a few things now that it pulled good numbers.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This article explains CM & LJ and the differences between them a bit, granted it's a couple months old....

Bitchy Showdown: Cashmere Mafia vs. Lipstick Jungle

The new series Cashmere Mafia starts on November 27th. Much has been made of the competition between Cashmere Mafia and Lipstick Jungle. Both are shows centering on groups of fashion-conscious female frenemies in New York. Cashmere is produced by Darren Star, while Lipstick is written by Candace Bushnell. The two formerly worked together on Sex in the City.

It's very unlikely that both shows will have staying power. So which will hit it big? Cashmere Mafia has a leg up with an earlier start; Lipstick Jungle won't air until January. However, with this kind of show, I have a hunch that whichever show is bitchier will be the bigger hit. With that in mind, I have decided to do a very scientific comparison of the Potential Bitchiness Quotient, or PBQ. Don't try this at home! It's okay for me because I have the proper protective gear and a secret lab.

Creative Team:
Candace Bushnell is responsible for coming up with the character of Samantha Jones, which should rate her a high PBQ. But Darren Star has worked on several shows with high PBQs of their own, including Melrose Place and Beverly Hills, 98210. (Which means he worked with Shannon Doherty. Eek!) Plus, I read that he didn't tell Bushnell he was working on a similar show until she inquired as to why he hadn't congratulated her on her Lipstick Jungle getting picked up. That's pretty bitchy.
Score: Lipstick Jungle PBQ 3/10, Cashmere Mafia PBQ of 10/10.

Cast:
Lipstick Jungle stars Lindsay Price, Brooke Shields, and Kim Raver. Price is best known for playing Steve's baby momma on 98210. While that's a show with a high PBQ, her character was not particularly bitchy. Brooke Shields isn't really renowned for her bitchiness; she even seems to have made up with Tom Cruise. And Kim Raver was last seen alternating between catatonic and blubbery on 24. Cashmere Mafia, on the other hand, scored a true PBQ casting coup with Lucy Liu. That is one scary little Asian woman. The show also features Frances O'Connor, who contended with period bitchiness in Mansfield Park, Miranda Otto (The Starter Wife), and Bonnie Somerville (The OC, Kitchen Confidential).
Score: Lipstick Jungle PBQ 3/10, Cashmere Mafia PBQ of 8/10.

Name:
Both shows have names designed to invoke scary femininity (i.e., bitchiness). So, which is scarier? Well, cashmere is soft and cuddly, but also very expensive. Lipstick is generally less expensive, although these ladies probably wear Chanel. It doesn't have any comforting connotations at all. Frankly, finding a flattering shade of lipstick is one of the biggest challenges of womanhood (Clinique counter ladies can be pretty scary). The mafia and the jungle are both equally frightening. In one world there are guns. In the other, monkeys.
Score: Lipstick Jungle PBQ 6/10, Cashmere Mafia PBQ of 4/10.

Total scores: Lipstick Jungle: 12/30, Cashmere Mafia 22/30. Well, it looks like Cashmere Mafia is the hands-down winner in the bitchiness department. That being the case, I highly recommend that you tune in for the premiere on November 27.

Linked

Mason

I don't think either will last very long. The only thing that might help them is the writers' strike limiting choices for viewers.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply