Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dance War
Topic Started: Jan 8 2008, 03:50 AM (345 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Anyone else watch the 2 hour premiere tonight? I was excited for this show, but I was disappointed after watching it. They showed way too much of the audition crap (almost the whole 2 hours) with the people singing the same couple of songs and most were horrible. I was suprised at some of the people they thought sang well and praised. Good dancers overall though. When they finally did perform on the live show for the last two minutes of the show it wasn't even that great; very average and boring. I think they may have been lip-syncing too. Hopefully it is better next week or I probably won't bother watching it anymore.

I can't wait for AI to start!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

It was based on the format of AI with the auditions crammed into the two-hour special where we had no way to get invested in any of the entrants, could only remember a few and fewer still by name. By the time it got to the final four, I was worn out and really didn't care who was there and the finale was not very well performed either. BUT, it was the first one and I think next week we get to know them and start to enjoy the journey of the final five weeks. Hope so anyway.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Just out of curiosity who's still watching?

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I plan on watching tomorrow night because I still feel like I don't know what the show is about. The viewers get to vote this week and I am curious as to what happens after the vote. But I don't know if it will hold my interested much longer.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am still watching it, but I don't think it is that great.

~bl~
Member Avatar

The problems they had on the live show this week with the mikes were awful. And at parts you couldn't hear the singing just the audience. They need to fix that. The other thing that annoyed me was the nearly 30 minute recap on Monday's show. WHY?! Please let them not do that every week.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

~bl~
Jan 24 2008, 07:16 PM
The other thing that annoyed me was the nearly 30 minute recap on Monday's show. WHY?! Please let them not do that every week.

Yeah what the heck was that. :thumbsdown: It felt to variety show for me. It is okay and with there not being much on Monday nights I will probably continue to watch it. But only on DVR where I can FF through most of it.

King
Member Avatar

I watched once, and I kind of thought it was terrible. LOL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply