Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Golden Globe Winners; TV & FILM
Topic Started: Jan 13 2008, 09:05 PM (1,699 Views)
Adam
Member Avatar

Away From Her. Such an emotionally powerful film. So much so that I doubt I'll ever be able to watch it again. Julie Christie was a major part of what sold that film. OMG she so deserves it!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

cubsgirl
Jan 13 2008, 09:53 PM
I have yet to see Sweeny Todd, but Johnny Depp is an actor that doesn't get tied up into one type of role. He can take the most outragous character and make him enjoyable. Glad to see he won for the first time. Will have to go and see that movie.

I'd have to agree.

Glen Close looked like a cold hearted bitch in 'Damages' clip! LOVES IT. Wow, 'Mad Men' is killing it, and I can't wait to watch Season 1.

Awkward moment between those hosts on NBC with the Angelie Jolie clip lol. Ugh I'm over Clooney/Denzel.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Very ho-hum....but kudos for Queen Latifah for winning an award. "Life Support" was a great movie.

adrianna
Unregistered

I am so happy for Daniel Day Lewis thats one of the best performances I have ever seen

Julie Christie broke my heart in Away From Her

I love "The Diving Bell and Butterfly" love

Bardem was not supporting; he was a lead without a doubt. I found "No Man Old Country" too dark; I had my head down whenever he appeared on screen

Happy for Atonement too
Quote Post Goto Top

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Good job Daniel Day-Lewis.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Who won original score? Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam is nominated.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Oooohh Sweeny Todd won Musical/Comedy, was hoping for Juno.

Adam
Member Avatar

Surprised Atonement won. I was seeing them as the Cold Mountain of this year, starting off great early and fading.... in terms of buzz.

adrianna
Unregistered

Atonement won score
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

OneBadKitty
Jan 13 2008, 09:58 PM
Who won original score? Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam is nominated.

Eddie won for Song

adrianna
Unregistered

I sense There Will Be Blood and No Man Old Country are blocking each other out
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Okay, Now everyone flip the channel to Brothers & Sisters on ABC :D

Adam
Member Avatar

I have yet to see No Country For Old Men. Around here it came and went from theatres.

adrianna
Unregistered

Thank god I live in NYC seen all buzz worth films and I thought "There Will Be Blood" and "The Diving Bell and Butterfly" are best films of year. I loved "Atonement" too

Day Lewis is hands down best actor of year and there have been a lot great performances this year

Christie lead actress winner
Quote Post Goto Top

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Rick
Jan 13 2008, 10:01 PM
Okay, Now everyone flip the channel to Brothers & Sisters on ABC :D

Already did lol :D

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Yeah. Day Lewis deserved it. I was also happy for Latifah too. Both of them are part of the few I was happy about :lol: .

King
Member Avatar

I am pretty disappointed at all of the winners except Jeremy Piven and Javier Bardem. :shrug:

DramaKing
Member Avatar

The Piv one.... nothing else matters.

the world is in order.

thats all my feelings on this, lol

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

The production value of this show was so lame...i watched like 10 minutes and just checked online for the winners...I'm happy for Tina Fey, Glenn Close, and Javier Bardem...But for the most part i'm kind of disappointed in the winners..I would have liked to see Ellen Page and Juno win, and i'm really bummed that Michael C. Hall once again got overlooked....And i don't watch Extras, so i can't judge the show..But i'm tired of that show winning all the awards..Do our American shows beat out British shows in their awards?????
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Don't care about any except for the fact that my Michael C. Hall lost! WTF!

Robbery!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply