Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Jan. 14th - Jan. 18th
Topic Started: Jan 14 2008, 03:21 PM (3,829 Views)
Ellie

I only watched the last part of today's show "live" so I'll comment on that now. I can't wait to watch the rest later.

Incredible.

The background music was very moving and only added to the scene. The dim, eerie lighting cast the perfect mood.

What I loved most was the "little things": Marlena's completely disregarding Hope's instructions not to approach John; Marlena's tossing the pepper spray aside as soon as she saw John; Marlena's hands literally shaking as she removed the goggles from John's face.

I loved how Marlena's eyes teared up upon seeing John, and how her tears of joy became tears of sadness when she realized he wasn't responding.

Someone on SC described it as "heartbreakingly beautiful". It really was.

I cannot wait to see the rest of this story unfold.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sunset_leaf

It promises to be a really great story, and I for one can't wait!!

I agree with you on the point of all the little things. Dee is such a good actress and that has come across so much in the last few months.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I love right at the end when John turns his face all of the sudden. That gave me chills!

Ellie

sunset_leaf
Jan 14 2008, 03:37 PM
Dee is such a good actress and that has come across so much in the last few months.

I agree, and the writers are really giving her a storyline where she can use her acting talents to the fullest.

Ellie

Jinxed Soul
Jan 14 2008, 03:49 PM
I love right at the end when John turns his face all of the sudden. That gave me chills!

Me too!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Can't wait to get home from work to watch!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Its been a long time since i was this excited to watch and post about the show..It also helps when so many of the posts are positive..Then you know it has to be good..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I always thought the show was doing ok under Hogan but this is what greatness is all about. Today was another flawless episode.

The Chick scenes were well done and I had thought the writers forgot about what Billie and that detective found in the basement. I was glad they mentioned it and that it was a contact lens. Loved seeing Billie and I liked how she was on to them and so many of Chelsea and Nick's problems from last year were brought back. Nice that Nick mentioned Willow's death too. I was happy Nick pushed Chelsea to tell the truth. Berris and Melvin rocked today.

I enjoyed the Phelle scenes and the kidnapping was done very well. The shooting shocked me since Crystal and Rob seemed reluctant to hurt anyone but then hearing it was rubber bullets made more sense. They just wanted the cop unable to help. Very intense stuff with Belle screaming on the phone and Claire calling for her. Good suspense and good ending.

Dee rocked today and I enjoyed Bo and Hope's reaction too. Hope was in tears after what EJ said and I thought Ali brought it today too. I enjoyed the EJ/Sami scenes (the lighting and writing rocked and so did Ali and James' acting). I was not a big EJ fan but liked James. I just hated the inconsistent direction for him but they seem to be taking their time this time with him. They make a point of saying he is trying to change for his son and not just for Sami so that helps IMO. It helps they are playing the beats and having him prove himself over and over again.

I know some will wonder about EJ doing what he did to Steve but what I think is when he brainwashed Steve he was only doing his father's bidding. He was brainwashed in a way by his father for years in an effort for him to the perfect son or "Dimera soldier." He raped Sami to get her pregnant for stem cells to save Stefano and brainwashed Steve to be a soldier to protect the family and it's interest. Right now, I think EJ is just realizing there is no good behind what his father does. It's sadistic and all about revenge, moreso then protecting the family and it's future. EJ is realizing that this is about Stefano and not about the family. Stefano is doing this for himself to satisfy himself and EJ sees it now whereas before he thought it was for the good of the family or to punish their enemies for hurting the family. That's just how I see it.

I also know that some will question Marlena's treatment of EJ today and I see her as just being emotional and she knows EJ is taking a big risk and putting himself in danger betraying Stefano. I am sure she isn't forgiving everything he did just yet but this goes a long way toward starting that process. He is helping her to find her husband so of course she is grateful.

I am glad they didn't drag out Marlena finding him as the show needs to keep up a pace like this. Miss a day, miss alot. Besides, this story is more about the dynamic between Marlena and John. They are going back to 1986 where she was helping him discover his past. Neither knew whether they could trust the other or what the other could do. It's a love story and the real reunion will be when he remembers. It's about the journey and that begins now with her finding him. JER would've made it too much about finding John and we have had too many stories like that IMO. This one is about the characters and their connection and that is what will make this a fantastic story if it keeps being done this way.

The scenes in the mansion were great. The goggles totally reminded me of the Street Fighter movie, as I said in another thread. This is how you do brainwashing. It's realistic, dark, and scary. Loved how Stefano wanted to show Bo and Roman art and make small talk :lol:. Dee and Kristian rocked the scene finding John and the music was superb. The little things liker Hope giving Marlena the pepper spray, Marlena dropping it, shaking, and just her stroking his hair as she realized he wasn't "her John." Heartbreaking, lovely ending.

All in all, a superb Monday show. It just keeps getting better and better IMO.

wickednana
Unregistered

add me to the list of people liking the john and marlena story..this will be a story of her helping him, and leaving out the moan-groan-un stomachable beach sex crap..these are two mature people, and they need to be played that way.

i am loving the maturity shown in the nick character..he has come a long way from the nerdy lab guy..cheslea showed the proper nervousness for someone who has helped hide a body..and billie..gosh gonna miss her..i have always liked her..and the fact they could not find a way to give her a story sucks..

stefano and rolf in the lab do seem truly creepy..and stefanos attitude when the cops come calling was classic..critique my painting bo and roman..lol

the kidnapping scene also done quite real, and martha m is really impressing me lately

uhhh now lesseee who did i leave out...

ej and sami..here is a man on a journey back to his humanity, and sami is seeing him begin to take the baby steps necessary..hope she will be there to encourage him onward!
Quote Post Goto Top

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I liked the show a lot; Marlena was great, and John is such a DILF when he doesn't talk lol

I love the chemistry between EJ and Sami, but I just don't buy how they are writing EJ. We have seen EJ do awful, nasty things. He has known exactly what Stefano is capable of. That was the only mistake in the episode I think.

Days4Life
Unregistered

Where do I begin? There were so many beautiful moments in today's show. Wonderful, emotional moments that were done so well and were so real.

First, I agree with you, Phoenix, about how EJ has justified his father's actions--and what he has done for his father--all these years. Essentially, EJ was brainwashed from an early age and taught that doing bad things was okay if it was for a good reason. Now he's realizing that all those bad things were done for bad reasons and not even for the good of the family, but only for the good of Stefano Dimera. I thought James Scott did a wonderful job with his scenes, as well as Ali. That scene by the fire was quiet but so intense, with so much emotion but no wailing and whining and shrieking. Just a beautiful moment of self-reflection on the part of EJ (loved the way his eyes filled with tears) and understanding on the part of Sami (although Ali did a good job showing she's still a little wary and not quite ready to trust EJ completely).

I loved Chelsea and Nick today. She's putting him in an impossible situation, but he was so loving and understanding and patient with her. He knows that keeping this secret will destroy Chelsea far more than facing the consequences for her actions ever would. I was impressed with Nick's maturity today--and also that Chelsea didn't try to manipulate him like she's done in the past. I think this is a huge turning point for her.

For the first time today I was truly convinced that Philip genuinely loves Belle, instead of just wanting to possess her or "win" by stealing her from Shawn. And MM is doing a wonderful job making Belle into an interesting, complicated woman. The kidnapping was done very well and was actually scary, and I was shocked when Rob shot the police officer. I'm glad it was just rubber bullets!

And then there's Marlena....the lovely, heartbreaking Marlena. That final scene was perfection. I don't have to say any more because anyone that saw it will understand exactly what I mean. And the music was wonderful and exactly right for the scene. I just wish they had held that closing shot for a few beats, to draw it out a little, instead of going to the preview for tomorrow.
Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Jan 14 2008, 06:03 PM
I liked the show a lot; Marlena was great, and John is such a DILF when he doesn't talk lol

I love the chemistry between EJ and Sami, but I just don't buy how they are writing EJ. We have seen EJ do awful, nasty things. He has known exactly what Stefano is capable of. That was the only mistake in the episode I think.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does DILF stand for?

Mason

DILF = Dad I'd Like (to) Fuck. LoL!

Mason

I cannot WAIT to watch today's episode, btw!

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 14 2008, 06:23 PM
DILF = Dad I'd Like (to) Fuck. LoL!

YEP! Thanks for giving the translation! lol

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Ohhhh! thanks!

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

OMG! What a kick ass Episode....Dee and Js bout made me cry. Marlena thanking Ej was so moving, and sami's expession while it happened was so telling. It is a joy when great actors get to work together. JS and Dee have onscreen chem just like with Joe. I'd love to see Marlena take Ej under her wing after he cuts ties with Steffy. Ej is so alone. I loved his speech to Sami about it later. WHAT AWESOME DIALOGUE...I loved the angled scenes in front of the fire..Can I just say..I flipping love the SCAB!

I loved the scene with Marlena finding John...Anyone else notice the plane exploding on the video John was watching? ....Makes me think of the Showfax casting for Pilots...I think John's recovery will be a long road and have many dark twists.

Steffy getting arrested...whoohoo!...I can not recall the last time I saw this. Joe was great as he always is.

I have always resented Claire and her many isssues. I feel like she ruined Shelle.I was not looking forward to another Belle and Claire kidnapping... BUt... I must say that this kidnapping was well done. I enjoyed watching it. I also loved the dialogue between Phil and Belle that occured prior. I think JKJ and MM rocked those scenes.

I even watched Chick!...and it was good! It was good!...Great dialogue can do wonders...I am so happy!

I AM JUST LOVING DAYS AGAIN!!!!!! :cheer:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great episode.

Nick and Chelsea are such a great couple. There's conflict within their relationship, but the conflict comes from within themselves, not an outside factor. It's Chelsea's way of getting herself into a bind, and Nick wanting her to do the right thing, but fully understanding where she's coming from. The bad girl and the good guy. Great dynamic and that's what makes CHICK work.

Ah, Julie Pinson's Billie...how I'm going to miss thee. :shame: No one's asking for the writers to give Julie Pinson the lead role of 2008, just something for this woman. She has proven time and time again that she is a damn good actress and hasn't been given one storyline, solely her own since she's been on DAYS. Yet she still has proven herself more than a lot of the people on the cast, ahem, I'm talking about you, Josh Taylor! :P

I want to get back into EJ and Sami, but I don't know if they're going to continue with this redeeming of EJ, or if they're going to decide to change their minds once again and have him do something bad again. I know that we want grey characters, but EJ's character is so inconsistant without any reasoning that it's ridiculous.

I do think they did a great job at keeping Sami's distrust of EJ still visible. And I think that Marlena was so overwhelmed with more proof leaning towards the fact that John is alive that she was able to look passed the things EJ's done in the past. I'm sure she's not going to have him over for dinner tomorrow night. I mean, he did shoot her husband, and rape her daughter. ;)

I don't think I can add much to the John and Marlena scenes other than what's already been said. It was magical. And I agree that the reunion was done at the right time. Now is the right time. Although physically, John and Marlena are reunited, this is not John Black that Marlena loves. And once she is able to bring her husband back from within this "robot," that will be the reunion that die-hard fans will salivate over. And that will come in time. :)

Mason

I agree. The real, big emotional reunion will be when John gets his memory back. I can't wait!

mosaicplum
Member Avatar

WOW. Another great episode. I am so loving Days right now. Everyone else has mentioned how awesome everyone was today and the great dialogue, so I won't go into detail. Just had to say I was LMAO when Bo said to Stefano, stop your rambling old man, we didn't come to see a painting. The look on his face when he said it was priceless. :lol:

Everything is so pulled together now. There is attention to every detail from the lighting, to the music, to mentioning the past (CHICK). It feels like the writers are not just writers, but are actually fans of the show and the characters and want to do everything possible to make Days totally awesome again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply