Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC's Newest Reality Show: "Celebrity Circus"; +ABC to bring back "Circus of the Stars"
Topic Started: Jan 19 2008, 03:04 AM (319 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

NBC Runs Off to the 'Circus'
Summer show will put celebs under the big top

Send in the clowns: NBC has picked up a series that will put a group of celebrities into the world of professions circus performers.

The aptly titled "Celebrity Circus" is scheduled for a summer premiere and is one of several circus concepts circulating around the broadcast networks. It's based on a format that's already had ratings success in other countries and will be produced by Endemol USA, the company behind "Deal or No Deal" and "Big Brother."

"This show will draw our favorite celebrities out of their comfort zone and into a stunning and magical circus environment that allows them to showcase their unseen skills," says Craig Plestis, NBC's head of alternative programming. "It's a fresh concept from our friends at Endemol and is unlike anything else currently in the TV landscape."

"Celebrity Circus" will be a competition show that will take famous (or semi-famous, given the way these shows tend to go) folks and have them train and perform with "avant garde professional circus troupes" -- think "Dancing with the Stars" meets Cirque du Soleil. Other details are fuzzy, save for the fact that professional circus performers will judge the celebs on their work.

While NBC is first out of the gate with its circus show, the tent may soon get much more crowded. ABC is looking to relaunch the 1970s and '80s format "Circus of the Stars," Variety reports, and CBS and FOX are interested in circus concepts as well. None of the other networks has finalized a deal.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

LoL!

I remember 'Circus of the Stars' from when I was a kid. I can't believe they are bringing this back, at least in some form, :lol:

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Celeberty Reality Shows are so annoying IMO. It's the same D List actors.

~bl~
Member Avatar

Circus of the Stars when it was on CBS years ago for the most part didn't use the same "D" listers, but regulars from their prime time shows and soaps. If they use working actors, it makes it more fun.

BL (whose first exposure to some soap people was due to that show...)

Mason

darraholic
Jan 19 2008, 10:39 AM
Celeberty Reality Shows are so annoying IMO. It's the same D List actors.

Oh, I know it. Let's get this strike over with, I can't deal with all this reality crap hogging up the airwaves!

AllMyShadows

NBC tried to do their own "Battle of the Network Stars" and it sucks, royally. The original BOTNS's (from the 1970s and 1980s) had all three networks pitted against each other; NBC's version just had NBC people going against each other. And it wasn't even the stars of the shows, usually supporting cast members and stuff like that. The original show had THE big names. You had folks like Suzanne Somers, Lynda Carter, Farrah Fawcett-Majors, Mackenzie Phillips, Valerie Bertinelli, Penny Marshall, Jaclyn Smith, Fred Berry, Patrick Duffy, Larry Wilcox, William Shatner, Robin Williams, David Letterman, Scott Baio, among others. These were big name people, the actual stars on the shows they were on. I highly doubt the actual stars of today's shows would participate in something like this...can you really imagine, for example, someone from the cast "Brothers & Sisters" running through an obstacle course or sitting in a dunking booth?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply