Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Brings 'Monk' & 'Psych' to Schedule; Dates for quarterlife, Amne$ia & more
Topic Started: Jan 26 2008, 04:24 PM (281 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

NBC SHIFTS 'QUARTERLIFE,' SLATES 'AMNE$IA,' 'MY DAD'

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- NBC has further detailed its spring schedule, which will see the addition of two Mark Burnett-produced series - "" and "My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad."

In addition, newcomer "quarterlife" is getting a new home. The online-turned-broadcast series will now launch on Tuesday, February 26 at 10:00/9:00c before moving to Sundays at 9:00/8:00c beginning March 2.

To make room for the series, NBC will bump the start of its off-cable runs of "Monk" and "Psych" to Sunday, April 6 at 8:00/7:00c and 9:00/8:00c respectively.

Meanwhile, incoming game show "Amne$ia" will debut on Friday, February 22 at 9:00/8:00c following the season finale of "1 vs. 100." The series will then slide to the 8:00/7:00c hour on Friday, February 29 followed by two-hour editions of "Dateline NBC" at 9:00/8:00c.

On Mondays, look for "Deal or No Deal" to continue in the 9:00/8:00c hour for the foreseeable future, sandwiched between "The Baby Borrowers" and "Medium" starting February 18. Then on March 31, fellow newcomer "My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad" will assume the 8:00/7:00c slot.

And finally on Wednesday, "Deal or No Deal" will expand to two hours starting March 26. The additional hour will fill the void left by "Law & Order: Criminal Intent," which wraps its run on March 19.

An official press release confirming the news is expected to be issued later today or Monday.

To review, here's a complete breakdown of the changes:

Mondays (February 18-March 24)
8:00/7:00c - "The Baby Borrowers" (New Series)
9:00/8:00c - "Deal or No Deal"
10:00/9:00c - "Medium"

Mondays (as of March 31)
8:00/7:00c - "My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad" (New Series)
9:00/8:00c - "Deal or No Deal"
10:00/9:00c - "Medium"

Tuesday, February 26
8:00/7:00c - "The Biggest Loser 5" (Two Hours)
10:00/9:00c - "quarterlife" (Series Premiere - Special Night & Time)

Wednesdays (as of March 26)
8:00/7:00c - "Deal or No Deal" (Two Hours)
10:00/9:00c - "Law & Order"

Friday, February 22
8:00/7:00c - "1 vs. 100" (Season Finale)
9:00/8:00c - "Amne$ia" (Series Premiere - Special Time)
10:00/9:00c - "Dateline NBC"

Fridays (as of February 29)
8:00/7:00c - "Amne$ia" (New Series)
9:00/8:00c - "Dateline NBC" (Two Hours)

Sundays (March 2-March 30)
7:00/6:00c - "Dateline NBC" (Two Hours)
9:00/8:00c - "quarterlife" (New Series)
10:00/9:00c - "Law & Order: SVU" (Repeats)

Sundays (as of April 6)
7:00/6:00c - "Dateline NBC"
8:00/7:00c - "Monk" (Repeats of USA Series)
9:00/8:00c - "Psych" (Repeats of USA Series)
10:00/9:00c - "Law & Order: SVU" (Repeats)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

It looks like NBC is planning for the strike not ending any time soon.

So, if the strike ends in February, will the shows just delay all new programming until September anyway?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Everyone, you should all check out Quarterlife, it really is a great show
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Nothing looks good on that schedule..But i give NBC props for choosing to air Monk and Psych...both are popular shows, just not my cup of tea..I'd rather see those on the schedule, than more lame brain reality tv..

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

King
Jan 26 2008, 04:31 PM
It looks like NBC is planning for the strike not ending any time soon.

So, if the strike ends in February, will the shows just delay all new programming until September anyway?

If the strike ends within the next few weeks we will have new shows from March-May

It will be good in a way because it will be 12 weeks in a row with all new shows

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Err I should have said most shows

Pushing Daisies will take 4-5 weeks for production to begin new episodes, and then 2 weeks per show afterward.

Comedies would be back on the air within 2 weeks. Most Crime drama's would be back in 3-4 weeks

Hopefully we hear something soon. WGA had dropped the Reality TV Writers and Animation demands so now they are just bargaining for the raise on internet media.

King
Member Avatar

Thanks, Rick.

I tried to get into quarterlife, Amello. But I didn't like it too much! I will check it out again on NBC just for you!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Rick
Jan 26 2008, 04:57 PM
Err I should have said most shows

Pushing Daisies will take 4-5 weeks for production to begin new episodes, and then 2 weeks per show afterward.

Comedies would be back on the air within 2 weeks. Most Crime drama's would be back in 3-4 weeks

Hopefully we hear something soon. WGA had dropped the Reality TV Writers and Animation demands so now they are just bargaining for the raise on internet media.

I'm hoping the Oscars and trying to start pilot season will help spead up the negotiations...But it is a good thing they are talking again...Now my television has been cut to House (which has 3 more left), Nip Tuck, Brother's and Sisters (2 more), and soon Lost...and reality tv- Project Runway and Big Brother in February....I'm also recording Mad Men on AMC, trying to recatch season 1...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply