Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Week of January 28th
Topic Started: Jan 28 2008, 10:49 AM (631 Views)
Manny
Member Avatar

(Monday's eppy)

So I am watching Y&R after sooooo long!

Well so far, I am only enjoying Kay stuff. I even find Amber to be tolerable.

I hate J.T. and Victoria. I hate them with passion.

I like Cane.. the actor that is...

I don't care about all the new people (well, they are not new to you all I guess...) Maggie, Heather, a guy I assume is the DA...

Did Nick regain his memory? I find him and Phyllis playing happy home boring too...

LOL

I don't think I'll watch again anytime soon...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Is it wrong that I always liked more the father/daughter chemistry between Khalil and Shemar, than Khalil and Kristoff? :lol:

How old is Lily supposed to be anyway?

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Are you watching Friday's Canadian episode (which is Monday's US episode), Manny?

The Kay stuff sounds like the only thing worth watching today, Adrienne Frantz is only bearable with Cooper....

I think Lily is suppose to be like 19 going on 20 now...

Anyway, this was David Shaughnessy's first day back as director, hopefully he's EP soon. :)

Manny
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Jan 28 2008, 06:06 PM
Are you watching Friday's Canadian episode (which is Monday's US episode), Manny?

The Kay stuff sounds like the only thing worth watching today, Adrienne Frantz is only bearable with Cooper....

I think Lily is suppose to be like 19 going on 20 now...

Anyway, this was David Shaughnessy's first day back as director, hopefully he's EP soon. :)

Yeah, I watched Friday's Canadian... :)

I guess you are right about Frantz/Cooper, since I hate Frantz/Amber, but didn't mind her a lot in this episode (all Amber's scenes today were with Cooper).

Lily is 19-20... well she looks older they way they make her to be... lol

I liked Shaughnessy... Hope he brings back some of that Y&R of old...

DeeDee
RIP GL

Kristoff has way better chemistry with Davetta than he does Christel.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I wish GloHo would go away for awhile or get her comeuppance soon, I'm so over her and the idiotic crap she starts and involves her sons in......*SIGH*

:soapbox:

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Awww I love Nikki's excitement.

DeeDee
RIP GL

Rhiannon
Jan 29 2008, 12:18 PM
I wish GloHo would go away for awhile or get her comeuppance soon, I'm so over her and the idiotic crap she starts and involves her sons in......*SIGH*

Amen. GloHo has go to go!

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Lots of flashbacks tomorrow..Kay/Phillip, Kay/Jill, Kay/Rex, good stuff.

cal3

DeeDee
Jan 29 2008, 05:21 PM
Rhiannon

Can Gloria have a very painful death? She and her sons are too annoying for words.

DeeDee
RIP GL

cal3
Jan 29 2008, 08:02 PM
DeeDee
Jan 29 2008, 05:21 PM
Rhiannon

Can Gloria have a very painful death? She and her sons are too annoying for words.

Sure! More painful the better!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

LMFAO! Look at this artwork some fan did now that it looks like Latham's been fired:

Posted Image

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Today's show was a really good and it was such a treat to get old Kay flashbacks, because Kay is Y&R....

Could care less about Lily though...

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I saw today's Canadian episode too, which is tomorrow's US episode. It's really good and can't miss, the Clear Springs trial is over and a decision is made (thank God!). Great Victor and Nikki stuff....

BTW, it appears most of Latham and Hamner's storyline ideas are about over. I think by the second week of February or so, it will be material that was strictly created by Josh Griffith and Maria Arena Bell.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Y&RWorldTurner
Jan 30 2008, 02:45 PM
Today's show was a really good and it was such a treat to get old Kay flashbacks, because Kay is Y&R....

Could care less about Lily though...

I enjoyed the scenes with Katherine and Scamber today too, and loved all of the flashbacks......

It's so nice to watch Y&R and actually enjoy doing so again; with the exception of any scenes GloHo is in....

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

What do you think of Phyllis, Sharon, Jack, and Nick starting up a fashion business together? I actually kind of like this idea. Just imagine the possibilities, if given some time there company becomes a huge success, and they go head to head with say Forrester Creations on B&B. We can get some really good crossovers going on there. And maybe it will inevitably lead to Y&R/B&B merging as one. Hmmm....

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

You know, I found the Cane and Amber stuff touching today and I usually can't stand either character. I Love the set-up of Jill running Chancellor and Nikki running Jabot, there ought to be some fierce bitchy interactions there.

Oh and it's so time to undo Cane as Jill's son. I want Nina and Phillip IV to come back and maybe give Phillip some illness where it would require Kay and Jill to test their blood and we find out that all three are direct matches, which makes Cane the fraud we all know he is. Or maybe just Jill is a match and Kay and Jill are no longer mother and daughter as well.. :D

Also, it's about time Tricia Cast came back....

The Nick, Phyllis, Jack, and Shron fashion business stuff should be good and might be better now that it's rumored that Ashley might be coming back...

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

As much as I hate Gloria, the scenes on Monday when she moves in are absolutely hysterical. Everyone was on point. Even Noah was tolerable.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I loved Friday's episode, there was so much heart, family connection, and business overtones throughout the entire episode - which is what Y&R is suppose to be about. I LOVED the flashback to Nikki and Victor's last wedding when Nikki handed over her wedding dress to Victoria. I also must say, I'm starting to actually feel something for JT and Victoria, their scenes together especially at the end were very sweet and well done. Jack and Sharon have come a long way as well, I really like them together now, they seem like a real couple.

I hear Gloria moving into the Abbott mansion will be a riot. I hear Noah is going to drive Gloria insane, coupled with Jeffrey blackmailing her, that should be fun to watch.

A month into Y&R being Latham free and the show is on a roll, who would've thought so much could be rebuilt in so little time?

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Monday's episode was all sorts of awesome IMHO. Different characters interacting, plots moving forward, good dialogue. I loved seeing Jabot again. Newman is so tiring and overdone. Nikki and Jill interacting. Victor telling Jill that Nikki will fail, and Jill sticking up for her. Even David's friend had me a bit intrigued. As I said on another board, next to Peter Bergman, Ted Shackleford has made Judith Chapman tolerable.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply