Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sun Ratings: Highest Rated Superbowl in History; 'House' only scores 29 million
Topic Started: Feb 4 2008, 09:35 PM (261 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

New Shows Only

Viewers
Superbowl 97.5 million <----Highest Rated Superbowl in history, and 2nd highest
Super Bowl Post Game 68.3 million
House 29.0 million
60 Minutes 5.0 million
CBS Reports: Fathers, Sons & Brothers 3.4 million
Life is Wild 749,000

Demos
Superbowl 34.8/67
Super Bowl Post Game 24.2/51
House 12.8/26
60 Minutes 0.8/2
CBS Reports: Fathers, Sons & Brothers 0.4/1
Life is Wild 0.2/0
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

House was awesome last night..I'm so glad i finally got into this show..why do you say it only got 29 million Rick???? It performed much better than Criminal Minds did last year didn't it???

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Kevc1980
Feb 4 2008, 09:46 PM
House was awesome last night..I'm so glad i finally got into this show..why do you say it only got 29 million Rick???? It performed much better than Criminal Minds did last year didn't it???

It performed better than CM, but CM was averaging 11 million viewers a week and got 26.3 million for the post superbowl (15 million gain) I am just shocked that it only pulled 6 million more than it's normal post American Idol slot. (23 million) I was expecting at least 35 million. It was a GREAT episode though

Of course I still don't understand FOX's decision to air such an established huge hit like House after the Superbowl anyway :lol: They should have debuted New Amsterdam or aired Terminator IMHO

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I cant believe they wasted the post superbowl spot on House when its already an established hit for them, and the still do have original series banked up that could have used the promotion.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Yeah. They usually give it to a show that is struggling to find an audience or a new show. For House, it was great but I think all that tuned in were usual fans and those who happen to leave the TV on. I think it was very few new viewers. New viewers are likely to check out something new or not as established after the game. They know what to expect from House.

29 million is pretty good though for an established show on after the Super bowl.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Damn....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply