Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion!; Week of March 10th
Topic Started: Mar 10 2008, 02:29 PM (3,765 Views)
six
Member Avatar

The only bright spots for me today were John, and the Bo and Hope flashback.

The flashback was surprising because I wasn't watching during that time, and assumed Bo, Hope and Shawn sailed around the world off-screen.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

^ I am with you six. I liked the flashbacks...and I enjoyed John with Claire.

:sleep: Steve and Steph were snore worthy imo. I also found much of the hospital scenes to be dull though some of the Bope scenes were good.

I feel sorry for Jawn. I do not blame him for rejecting his family. They clearly make him feel like crap. Belle's attitude was ridicluous. <_< These people are strangers...instead of forcing his old life down his throat just allow him to enter into his new life with love and support.. Build new memories because chances are the old ones are gone forever.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Absolutely loved the Bope flashback sequence...I really liked how they had Bo and Hope giving commentary over the flashbacks on the Fancy Face...Very different and unique for Days..

Also enjoyed the John, Marlena, Belle, Shawn, and Claire scenes..I'm pissed that we are about to lose this family dynamic...And that Claire is such a little scene stealer..I hope the John and Marlena die hards appreciate the mention of Stockholm, the crazy 80's hair comment, and the beautiful picture of John and Marlena from the 80's...LOL at John asking Claire to spy on the family..too freaking cute..Drake has really come alive in this storyline...And too think i took him for granted the past few years..Finally, Rolf freaking out about Belle and Shawn playing with Stefano's chess board was hillarious.

The Stephanie and Steve scenes were also pretty good in my opinion..I enjoy their father/daughter chemistry..and was surprised Steve told her the truth about Ava..Also i like that they aren't forgetting about Cincinnati..

Tuesdays show looks great, nice to see Phillip at the hospital for his brother..As well as John and Marlena..Looks like this week will be very vet heavy..

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Mar 10 2008, 03:36 PM
The Stephanie and Steve scenes were also pretty good in my opinion..I enjoy their father/daughter chemistry..and was surprised Steve told her the truth about Ava..Also i like that they aren't forgetting about Cincinnati..

It's about time someone mentioned Cincinnatti.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I watched this yesterday but forgot to post my thoughts...

This was a much better episode then Friday, which wasn't bad but not your typical Friday episode. Stax really brought it down but what a different the vets and Stephanie away from Max makes. She is so much better away from him.

I am glad Steve told someone, especially Stephanie, about Ava, even if he left off the plane crash part. Finally story movement and they were cute scenes. Loved Stephanie thinking Steve was on drugs. I also liked the guy who played Parker. It was a bit role but he seemed good and I like us seeing some of the people Steve associated with in his past. Adds alot IMO.

Bope was very good. PR is playing the pain well and KA is doing awesome with this. I loved the reminiscing and the flashback scene, which is one of my favorites, rocked. I like how it added to the setup for Shelle leaving. There has been alot of talk of the Fancy Face, sailing, etc lately and I like it. Sets things up nicely. The scene where Bo flatlines was intense. Well executed with the slow motion and the acting was great. Loved seeing Kayla and Hope's friendship and even Hope and Lexie's friendship on display.

I also appreciate how seriously they are taking this story. Having Kayla and Lexie do research and Lexie mention how rare the procedure they are looking at is was a good idea since it is rare to have a living donor pancreas transplant. I thank Ed Scott for all these little touches. They are needed and really add alot. It really helps suspend disbelief a little bit if realism is involved in many aspects. Glad Kayla is now involved here too and I loved the end scenes where Steve/Stephanie got called and Shawn did too. Everything flowed well, setting up the interactions for tomorrow, and it led nicely into the end scene of Bope lying together. Wonderful editing and setup.

The Dimera mansion scenes were great. Loved Rolf talking to John about having juice for Claire and how cute she was. John seemed to agree. Good scenes. I like how Shawn confronted Rolf too about John's condition and how suspicious everyone was of him. The little looks Rolf was giving the Stefano picture was a nice reminder of the disk and I love Rolf getting upset over Shelle playing chess. Nice nod to Stefano's history with the chess board.

Nice seeing Shelle having fun with each other and the talk of future plans was nice too. I like that J&M seem to have different things going on now in addition to their story together. The Belle/John scene also plays nicely into Belle leaving town because he has hurt her alot since coming back and there really isn't much she can do so her leaving isn't a big deal. She's been through hell and she can go off with Shawn, stay in touch, and come back if needed. Well played by Martha and Drake, who work well together.

Best stuff for me was John agreeing and smiling when it was mentioned how strange Rolf is. Makes me think he is employing him for a reason other then what we know. Also, John and Claire was adorable. I loved him asking her to be a spy and love how she is sort of his weakness and the one he opens up to and allows some of the "old" John to shine through. She's a little kid so she has a playfulness and joy about her. John is not pressured around her and I like how they are using Claire to get that across. It makes sense and I like that Marlena realized that it may be better to accept John a bit more for who he is and to stop pressuring him.

The picture album was good too. Nice nod to the 80's hair and Stockholm, which was one of my favorite stories. John seemed affected looking at the picture so that should please J&M die hards. I also liked John not knowing who Martha Stewart was when Rolf said he wasn't her :lol:.

All in all, great episode to start off what looks like a good week. I saw bits of tomorrow and it's very good. Lots of interactions and good scenes.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Mar 10 2008, 02:48 PM
Kevc1980
Mar 10 2008, 03:36 PM

It's about time someone mentioned Cincinnatti.

Thanks for reminding me. I meant to comment on that. I'm glad they did because they left it off last week in the Steve/Abe scenes. I am just glad it makes sense and is explained for the most part. The time line seems to fit at least.

mosaicplum
Member Avatar

Great post PhoenixRising05. You hit on everything and I agree with it all (aren't you glad to know that :D ) I loved Jawn with Claire and I am really going to miss her. You know, Shelle's past parenting skills with Claire and boats isn't too good, maybe they should just leave her behind in Salem. :P

Red Mist
Member Avatar

^ :lol: mosaicplum, your Jawn avatar is just awesome! I love it!

mosaicplum
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Mar 10 2008, 05:26 PM
^ :lol: mosaicplum, your Jawn avatar is just awesome! I love it!

Thanks. I have the banner too. A friend on another board made them for me.

six
Member Avatar

I agree, your banner is great. I like the new John too. :D

darraholic
Member Avatar

New Jawn & Tony/Anna are the best parts of the show for me right now.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

New John is amazing! I'm glad Marlena is not giving up on him!

cassie1013

The Bo/Hope flashback was better then usual because they were talking over it...and it started out ok, but then when she said "and we would wrap our arms around each other and look up at the stars" or whatever it was. LOL. I couldn't watch that seriously, just skipped that...Too cheesy!

six
Member Avatar

Yea, the dialog has left something to be desired for awhile.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Tuesday was alright. :D

The Highlights for me were Jawn talking with Victor...I am excited about their fued...And Bo talking with Phillip. Bo really looks bad...my god, what a good job by the make-up dept.

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Mar 11 2008, 03:31 PM
Tuesday was alright. :D

The Highlights for me were Jawn talking with Victor...I am excited about their fued...And Bo talking with Phillip. Bo really looks bad...my god, what a good job by the make-up dept.

I liked the way John acted today.I know he was an SOB,but there was a scene or two where he was funny.Like the bit about the Cuban cigar :lol: The family scenes were very emotional. And I gotta give props to Daniel Jonas.Even though he was reluctant at first(only out of safety concerns for the donor),he was great at laying it down to the family and he is also the hottest doc Days has had on since Mike :rockon:

Tammy
Member Avatar

Today (Tuesday) was pretty good.

Victor: AWESOME! I am so glad that hes back. I hope and pray that he chops John off at the knees.

John and Marlena: Ehh... I find this sl boring, but that's just me. At least Marlena looked perrty lol. I did like when she snatched that cigar out of his mouth :P Oh yeah... I also did kinda like the part where John admitted that he didn't like hospitals. I saw like... a FEELING out of him for a moment lol. It was also kinda nifty that he walked by Steve and said "Hey Wingman". What can I say I am easily amused :P

I liked everyone being their for Bo... I found it a bit odd that Roman wasn't there but whatever, I guess it wasn't a big deal in the scheme of things.

Peter ROCKED! The are really going the extra mile to make him look ill. I also enjoyed Peggy a lot today.

Okay I was wondering. Am I the only one that finds Dr. Jonnas to be sort of flip at times? I don't know maybe 'flip' isn't the right word. But however you describe him, well he's HOT lol :D

All in all pretty good show I guess :thumbsup:

six
Member Avatar

I wondered about Roman too, and agree that the makeup team has done a good job with Bo.

A John/Victor conflict has the potential to be great. Two ruthless, powerful people taking each other on should be interesting, and new John could give Victor a good fight.

The Bo/Phil convo was nice, but weird. Since when did Philip grow a conscience? It's nice that they're reconnecting the Kiriakis' though. IIRC, this is also the first time Chelsea's interacted with her ole' double uncle.

I also enjoyed the look of disapproval the new doctor shot at Lexie when she started overblowing the odds of finding a match.

Not a bad episode, all in all.

mosaicplum
Member Avatar

Good episode. Marlena taking the cigar from Jawn was funny. I am looking forward to the Jawn/Victor showdown. I think Jawn has seriously underestimated Victor.

I also liked the Bo/Phillip interaction. Sometimes it takes a tragedy to make you take a good hard look at things. I think Phillip is truely worried about Bo and meant what he said.

The brief Ciara moment was heartbreaking. It was so sad when Bo couldn't even hold her. Peter Reckell is doing a great job. I keep yelling at Lexie to give him something for pain!

Pearly
Member Avatar

Wow! I can't wait to get home and watch this epi! :thumbsup: Although, I must say, I'm surprised to hear that Roman doesn't make an appearance to see his dying brother. :shame: I must admit the writer's booped on that one, unless Josh Taylor also got sick with the flu? :shrug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply