Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Emmy's/DAYS: Macdonald Carey Tribute; A Must See!
Topic Started: Mar 16 2008, 09:51 PM (649 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote Post Goto Top

Ponz
Member Avatar

I tear up every time I watch this. :(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Wow, man, everytime I watch Tom and Alice together... they were magic together, and he was one of those people who just had it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Heartbreaking.

The period where Days lost him was so tough to get through. It upset me alot and I can only imagine how upset the cast, crew, and Mac's family was.

Mason
Member Avatar

I read about how when Deidre Hall first learned about Mac Carey's death at the DAYS studio, she broke down crying in the shower. Just so sad.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Yep. I heard that too, Mason. It was devastating.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 16 2008, 10:51 PM
I read about how when Deidre Hall first learned about Mac Carey's death at the DAYS studio, she broke down crying in the shower. Just so sad.

Wow, didn't know that :mellow: Not surprised though, she was close with him from the time she started. He and Frances both (which reflected onscreen).

I do remember her talking about one year after the taping of the christmas show, when all the lights were turned off in that area, there was a bright light shining directly on Mac's picture on the mantle in the Horton house. They couldn't find any source, no light was in use to be the cause of it. And that they still feel his prescence at certain times when they're in certain places.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Production was shut down for two or three days on the set when the word came that Mac had finally passed. I also heard that news about Hall breaking down in the shower when she heard.

It was a VERY hard time for the show, everyone on the show loved him and looked up to him. He was like the brother/father/grandfather of every on the show and you could tell he had a huge effect on many people there.

Mac is one of daytime's most legendary actors, his loss was huge to daytime and he will be missed forever!

Dr. Chip

I think there's an interview with Deidre Hall in Lorraine Zenka's book that talks about Deidre washing her hair one morning. John Clarke walked in with the news, and he didn't have to say anything. She just knew. And she went to John and started hugging him and crying, and he got wet because her hair was dripping wet. And they just cried together.

Deidrefan28

Dr. Chip
Mar 21 2008, 12:04 AM
I think there's an interview with Deidre Hall in Lorraine Zenka's book that talks about Deidre washing her hair one morning. John Clarke walked in with the news, and he didn't have to say anything. She just knew. And she went to John and started hugging him and crying, and he got wet because her hair was dripping wet. And they just cried together.
I remember that in the book. That was a sad episode when they did Tom Horton's funeral.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Fixed!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Video Vault · Next Topic »
Add Reply