Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Another World: January 1981; Rachel on the run! PLUS the FULL closing
Topic Started: Mar 24 2008, 12:48 AM (425 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Just found this on youtube and I'm esctatic! The Mac/Rachel/Mitch storyline is one of the earliest I remember from my childhoo including Rachel's supposed murder of Mitch in the barn (and subsequent fire). From what I can gather, in this episode Rachel believes Mitch to be alive and is a fugative. However, the major thing in this nearly 10 min. clip is the closing with features the full classic AW theme with only the "tune in again next time" voice over at the end -- no NBC promo voice overs! *sigh* My *favorite* soap theme off all time!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

It's a beautiful theme. And I love the animated rings (though I don't get the imagery :lol:)

Strange thing: About a year ago I was "in" to watching the reruns on AOL. Those and "Texas" and that was before I got "in" to "Search for Tomorrow." Well, I didn't understand how the service worked; thought it just downloaded the clips to your computer, even in high quality. And for one episode, the only one I waited patiently to download and watch without Internet interruption, it DID! high quality AW ... that full theme at the end and everything. YOU COULD HAVE BURNED THAT BITCH ON A DVD it was so clear. (after all, it was their hi-q service). Well, it must have been a glitch in the system because, of course, those vids aren't supposed to download. So when I thought that was the norm, and tried to download (for keeps) all the SFT episodes (I was REALLY into a particular couple on that show, forget who now, though! :lol:) I realized it locked the clips again, and by that point, I'd deleted the AW vid. I took it for granted, and I HATE that. Because I could have had A VERY classic AW episode, complete with high-quality opening AND CLOSING, on my computer, even on a DVD.

I'll NEVER forget that.
Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Fixed
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Video Vault · Next Topic »
Add Reply