Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My loot from the Passions Sale!; Pics of my Passions props inside!
Topic Started: Apr 5 2008, 03:56 PM (1,229 Views)
owlzindabarn

I'm posting this basically everywhere, so bear with me if you've seen it in another forum. But anyway--

Posted Image

Here we go everyone! The Passions sale was today and you better believe I went! This first pic is all the props I got away with. To start with, you'll notice in the front a lot of framed pics of Therethan; I believe these were the ones in Pilar's house. Below the second pic is Sam's chief of police badge! It actually says "chief of police" on it, so it must have been worn by James Hyde. In the back, upper left, is a stuffed bat that was one of Endora's toys. The bat is sitting on a miniature replica fire pump, which was very prominent in the Russells' living room since the start of the series. Also on the fire pump is the stuffed raven that was on top of the hutch in Tabitha's living room! In front of the wheel is one of Hecuba's potion bottles. It has "Hecuba's Magic Dust" written on it in ink. It's filled with orange sparkles. I do think I saw that on the show, but it was something Juliet was using for a spell. Below the bottle are two of Tabitha's junk jewelry necklaces. To the right are menus from both the Lobster Shack and Sally Chinn's restaurant.

Posted Image

And here are two items I am very pleased to have. They are two of Timmy's costumes! The white one was, I think, either the suit he wore during the "Saturday Night Live" parody, or the suite he wore when he was dressed up as Don King in the wrestling match episode. The gray outfit is , I believe, when he was dressed up as a chauffeur. You'll notice that the white suit was made for him. It has a tag that reads " Passions Costume Designed by Julie Rae Englesman."

I am very, very happy about this loot! It was like Christmas day for Passions fans. Now I'll tell you about the sale itself. It was very strange. Outside of the studio lot, guys were holding signs pointing customers into the sale. I would guess that at least 95% of the customers did not watch Passions and had no idea what they were buying. However, I would also say that 99.9% of the stuff for sale was unidentifiable generic crap that you could get at any thrift store. I had to stand in line for one hour, and I saw people leaving with junk like old frying pans and rolling pins. Real trash! And of course, me being one of the very few who actually watched the show, knew how to identify the more prominent items. But really---the best stuff you can think of, like the couture gowns, Tabby's costumes, etc, were nowhere to be seen. Either it was all sold yesterday at the private sale, or it's being held for the big Passions auction in August.

However, if Passions fans wanted to dig through those MANY thousands of items, they would find stuff that was meaningful to them. I will have you all know that TC's fire pump is something I've had my eye on for years! I always noticed it on the show and admired it. Now it's in my family room! I also always wanted that stuffed raven. Seriously!! It's hard for me to believe that it's mine!! And to have two of Josh's costumes are the greatest gifts I could have found. I almost felt that he was pointing me towards those things, because I was a big, big admirer of his. I'm sure he's happy that these items did indeed end up in the hands of one of Passions' fans, rather than the people who walked in off the street.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

OMG, I'm so jealous!

Looks like you had a blast and got away with some great stuff, :D

Thanks for sharing.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

That is great you got some of things that you liked from the show. I think it would be just a kick to walk through and see all the stuff that you saw for years on tv. Good for you.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

Forgive this nosy question, but....

Were the prices high? 'Cause that's a lot of loot you got, I'm jealous too!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I'm so jealous of you!!
You're so lucky. Thanks so much for sharing.

owlzindabarn

Sweetbabygirl
Apr 5 2008, 04:31 PM

Were the prices high? 'Cause that's a lot of loot you got, I'm jealous too!

The total price tag for all you see above was..

...$63.80!

The most expensive item was TC's fire pump, which was $30. Tabby's junk jewelry was $3 a piece (all the jewelry that I saw was $3 each. I saw all of Ivy's, Pilar's and etc.) The stuff raven, which I've been wanting for 9 years set me back an entire dollar. Same with the photos, Sam's badge, the menus and Hecuba's powder. Josh's costumes were only $5 each!!!! They were just hanging there on a rack with everything else!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

owlzindabarn
Apr 5 2008, 06:42 PM
Sweetbabygirl

Were the prices high?  'Cause that's a lot of loot you got, I'm jealous too!

...$63.80!

The most expensive item was TC's fire pump, which was $30. Tabby's junk jewelry was $3 a piece (all the jewelry that I saw was $3 each. I saw all of Ivy's, Pilar's and etc.) The stuff raven, which I've been wanting for 9 years set me back an entire dollar. Same with the photos, Sam's badge, the menus and Hecuba's powder. Josh's costumes were only $5 each!!!! They were just hanging there on a rack with everything else!

OMG, that is so cheap!!! I wish I was there. :(

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Wow I am jealous as well. All of that for 64 bucks? wow

I hope some of the other stuff will end up on Ebay *crosses fingers*

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Owlz, thank you for sharing these pictures with us. I am so happy that you were able to get some really good props. I was also a Josh fan. I think the costumes you got of his are awesome.

annalee003
Member Avatar

I can't believe the stuff was that cheap. I know you would never sell the items but I'm sure you would make a ton of cash on ebay.

Mason
Member Avatar

That is AWESOME! Very jealous!

Deleted User
Deleted User

owlzindabarn
Apr 5 2008, 05:42 PM
Sweetbabygirl

Were the prices high?  'Cause that's a lot of loot you got, I'm jealous too!

...$63.80!

OH, seriously! That's cheap! I should've gone!

Oh, well, thanks for posting. And I think you meant "Saturday Night Fever" parody, right? If so, that was a VERY memorable Timmy fantasy. I don't recall an SNL one though.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Apr 5 2008, 06:56 PM

Awesome, yes, but also kind of sad to think that some of the show's greatest elements sold for street prices.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Apr 5 2008, 10:14 PM
Mason
Apr 5 2008, 06:56 PM

Awesome, yes, but also kind of sad to think that some of the show's greatest elements sold for street prices.

At least they're being sold to fans, versus just being thrown out or locked away in some storage facility.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Was the Timmy doll there? I was hoping the show would give it to Josh Ryan Evan's family, as someone suggested.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That's really cool.

I would've loved to have went and bought some things. It would be a nice way to remember the show for me.

Deleted User
Deleted User

OneBadKitty
Apr 5 2008, 10:55 PM
Was the Timmy doll there? I was hoping the show would give it to Josh Ryan Evan's family, as someone suggested.

That was me who suggested it on this board. And I really hope the show did the right thing and gave it to JRE's family. It seems silly, but I think that'd mean so much to them, particularly his mother.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

JERSoapsFan
Apr 6 2008, 01:01 AM
OneBadKitty
Apr 5 2008, 10:55 PM

That was me who suggested it on this board. And I really hope the show did the right thing and gave it to JRE's family. It seems silly, but I think that'd mean so much to them, particularly his mother.

I agree. That would be a wonderful sentiment and very appropriate.

Knowing Juliet, she would make sure something like that happened.

King
Member Avatar

If I were the family, I wouldn't want the Timmy doll. That's really creepy to me, actually.

63 Bucks!? DAMN! That is awesome.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Wow.. So jealous!

I would have loved to get some of that stuff!

Were any of the cast members there? :)

As well, if you can, can you post this stuff over at ETLove (http://etlove.nu)?

Soo jealous! Thank you so much for sharing!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply