Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SB: Eden's Rape 1988; Marcy Walker Gives Exquisite Performance
Topic Started: Apr 20 2008, 08:18 PM (1,074 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

One of the most controversial storylines to play out on a soap, Santa Barbara went to the extremes when Eden was attacked in 1988. NBC did not want this to air when the writers went to them w/ their proposal on how to handle the storyline, but it aired regardless, and it gave the critical acclaim. Marcy Walker, who was pregnant filming these scenes, won the Daytime Emmy award for this outstanding performance, and A Martinez received an Emmy nomination.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I remember these scenes when they first aired and they were unbelieveably stark and graphic at the time (and still so today, IMO). There was much written about the storyline in the press at the time -- especially when the show used a fictious talk-show to discuss Eden's rape and the rape-turned-romance of two characters on a fictious soap opera. Much was written about that not-so-subtle jab at GH at the time, too!

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Marcy Walker absolutely rocked this storyline and deserved every bit of the Emmy that she won for her performance. I remember watching these as a kid and it was so graphic and ultimately traumatizing. JFP really made the scenes brutal & violent in such an uncompromising way. They still make me cringe.

~bl~
Member Avatar

This scared me when I saw it originally. It is the one and only time when I was a tween that I saw something on television that actually lived up to the warning label.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Fixed

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · The Video Vault · Next Topic »
Add Reply