Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Meteor Shower Episode; From July 2002
Topic Started: Apr 23 2008, 01:58 PM (1,609 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This is one of my favorite episodes ever! It was the 4th of July 2002 and the highly anticipated Gemini Meteor Shower came with a bang and brought with it a few visitors (Billie, Rex and Cassie). Such a good time 2002 was in Salem. *sigh*

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

What do you think? Greatness, IMO!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I want B&C back, damn it!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

As creepy as Sami and Tony were back then, I remember hoping they would end up together, or at least Sami would end up married to Tony. That was when B&C had their own version of the Brady/DiMera feud going on, and I always thought they were going to have Sami marry Tony to infuriate the Brady family.

6 years later, she's married to a DiMera, but not the one I thought.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 23 2008, 07:58 PM
What do you think? Greatness, IMO!

WORD!

Loved this stuff :wub:

Deleted User
Deleted User

One of the only head-writing regimes in recent years who had more praises from me then criticisms
Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Mason
Apr 23 2008, 02:01 PM

Amen, why they were fired so abruptly I will never understand.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kirk
Apr 23 2008, 11:19 PM
Mason

Because they had their own agenda and wouldn't let Corday interfere.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Apr 23 2008, 10:29 PM
Kirk
Apr 23 2008, 11:19 PM
Mason

Because they had their own agenda and wouldn't let Corday interfere.

About sums it up.

Dumbest decision ever. They weren't perfect but they sure did get "it." They "got" the show. They "got" soaps.

This was one of their finest episodes except the alien arrival shit and Shelle falling and being klutzes (boy, did Belle's constant head injuries get old :lol:). That says alot because B&C's tenure had many amazing episodes. This episode had family moments, tension, drama, cliffhangers...everything. Loved the Victor/Nicole stuff (Ari's hair looked amazing in this episode and during this time period IMO), loved Sami/Tony (agree with Drew 100%. They were a bit creepy but I liked them and wanted to see them marry or her move in. The feud approach being taken then was ok and I would've liked the Sami/Tony aspect with everyone reacting but I was not happy with Stefano not being involved but that was all Corday). Loved the chilling music theme in the beginning of the episode too. Had a possession-like creepiness about it. The episode before this was good too. Nice cliffhangers and set up, along with more family moments. I think this was the last good Wilmbledon cliffhanger/episode (the whole week of 3 episodes was good really). Since then, they have been lackluster, almost like Days expects no one to watch them and just waits until after tennis.

Just loved their tenure and this episode. If any former writers should return to the helm, it's these two because they can handle the newer and older characters and keep things modern while also appealing to old Days traditions like supercouples, etc.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

That was good!! Higley actually wrote that. lol

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Rakesh198
Apr 24 2008, 10:50 AM
That was good!! Higley actually wrote that. lol

Actually, no. B&C were HW at that time. Higley was on staff though, as she was for years.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

That last scene with Victor and Nicole, that is how Nicole should be written, with layers. Not this joke we're getting now.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 24 2008, 10:07 PM
That last scene with Victor and Nicole, that is how Nicole should be written, with layers. Not this joke we're getting now.

I thought I was the only one that think that. Nicole has been written very one-note since her return

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Apr 24 2008, 05:29 PM
DrewHamilton

I thought I was the only one that think that. Nicole has been written very one-note since her return

Nope. You're not the only one. I see no difference between the Nicole we're seeing now and the joke she was when Reilly was writing her. The whole drunk thing isn't funny anymore.

Mason
Member Avatar

They might as well just give Nicole a magic, bottomless flask, while they're at it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

See, you guys are right in that she was like that the first few episodes but I did see some depth to her in her scenes with Philip last week and the writing for her has gotten better over time. I just think they wanted her to grab people's attention and provide the comic relief for a bit, knowing full well the other stories were serious and all. Something happened in LA and tomorrow is a pretty good day for her too. I think with Dena's stuff airing now it will get a bit better with her because Dena didn't write her too badly, other then the whole Victor abuse type thing.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

DrewHamilton
Apr 24 2008, 04:07 PM

Exactly Drew! That last scene was just written flawlessly, too bad today the writing today sucks for the most part.

After watching this episode, I really miss B&C! I still wish Cassie and Rex were on the show, forget Stephanie and Max.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kirk
Apr 24 2008, 11:01 PM
Cassie and Rex were on the show, forget Stephanie and Max.

As DiMeras, I'd take them back. As Bradys, I say keep them in the forgotten past.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm with Drew.

If they are Dimera's fine. Once they were made Brady's and Rex was watered down by the abortion story, I had no interest in him. Making them Brady's took away all possible love interests for Cassie too. Philip and her were hot too. Stupid. Cassie had all the makings of a great Dimera vixen and I liked "Tony" having kids, especially with the Marlena angle. Marlena having Dimera children was a nice touch. Alexis Thorpe rocked and Eric Winter wasn't bad either. Rex and Cassie sucked early on but did get better. I don't think I want them back anymore though. A few years ago, yeah. Now, there are much better characters to bring back IMO.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Apr 24 2008, 04:29 PM
DrewHamilton

I've actually thought the same thing!

Great minds....

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

OneBadKitty
Apr 25 2008, 12:03 AM
Sindacco
Apr 24 2008, 04:29 PM
DrewHamilton

I've actually thought the same thing!

Great minds....

Wow....I'm not the only one who feels this way?

I hated Nicole when she first came on, but B&C really made me warm up to her especially with the whole Victor blackmail/Collin's murder situation. Anyone remember the suspense of Collin's murder? LOVED it! B&C did suspense really well. Another prime example would be Tony's return. Gah I was such a DAYS fan back then. :applause:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Video Vault · Next Topic »
Add Reply