Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Emmy Nominations: The Reaction Thread
Topic Started: Apr 30 2008, 04:27 AM (6,998 Views)
DramaKing
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 30 2008, 07:10 AM
I want Whoopi to take Elisabeth down!

much to my shock recently i have been team Elizabeth.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 30 2008, 11:20 AM
Alison Sweeney is one of the most overrated actresses in daytime. I love her and I flove Sami Brady, but it's true. The only time I've ever considered her work to be good was during her Las Vegas wedding in 2002 when Austin left her at the altar. She knocked it out of the park those couple of days.

That was the performance of her career! It so pissed me off when she wasn't recognized for it, yet virtually every year since, she's been pre-nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress, LoL.

Ellie

DrewHamilton
Apr 30 2008, 10:20 AM
Deidre Hall's scene alone when Marlena confronts Stefano should get her the nomination.

Or the scene when she came back into her room and broke down after John's death. It should get her the award, lol, not just the nom.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 30 2008, 11:22 AM
DrewHamilton
Apr 30 2008, 11:20 AM
Alison Sweeney is one of the most overrated actresses in daytime. I love her and I flove Sami Brady, but it's true. The only time I've ever considered her work to be good was during her Las Vegas wedding in 2002 when Austin left her at the altar. She knocked it out of the park those couple of days.

That was the performance of her career! It so pissed me off when she wasn't recognized for it, yet virtually every year since, she's been pre-nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress, LoL.

I know what you mean, Kenny. That should have been Alison Sweeney's year. NOTHING she's done since has been great.

DramaKing
Member Avatar

as for days getting a pitty nom.. i wouldnt mind it being dee but id love it to be ali. she deserves it more than anyone else on days.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ellie
Apr 30 2008, 11:23 AM
DrewHamilton
Deidre Hall's scene alone when Marlena confronts Stefano should get her the nomination.

Or the scene when she came back into her room and broke down after John's death. It should get her the award, lol, not just the nom.

See, I'd rather them send in a scene where Deidre proves that she can captivate the audience with her reactions without even shedding a tear. All of the other actresses can cry, but Deidre's scenes with Stefano are chilling. They give you chills. I hate the whole "let me send in my best cry tape." Give me something new.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Oh dear, The View women and Tyra Banks together is just pure torture to me. :(

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
DrewHamilton

Oh God, the way she sobbed like a lost puppy dog was BEYOND heartbreaking! Rocking back and forth... oy. The best she's been in years, IMO.

Her two tapes should definitely be that episode and the Stefano confrontation. Shows the weak side of Marlena, as well as the strong side. All facets!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

JackPeyton
Apr 30 2008, 11:24 AM
as for days getting a pitty nom.. i wouldnt mind it being dee but id love it to be ali. she deserves it more than anyone else on days.

Depends on how you think of it. Alison Sweeney is deserving of the lead nomination considering that she has pretty much been leading this show for the last 6 years.

But Deidre Hall, it's a damn shame this woman has yet to have an Emmy after 30+ years. That's deserving to me.

Ellie

DrewHamilton
Apr 30 2008, 10:25 AM
Ellie
DrewHamilton

See, I'd rather them send in a scene where Deidre proves that she can captivate the audience with her reactions without even shedding a tear. All of the other actresses can cry, but Deidre's scenes with Stefano are chilling. They give you chills. I hate the whole "let me send in my best cry tape." Give me something new.

I should say that I have no idea which scenes she sent in. And I completely agree about the Stefano scene - I LOVED that. As for her best cry - that scene where she broke down got a lot of attention in part since it was something different. It wasn't a typical soap crying scene at all.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The nominations are coming up after the break! :D

Ellie

Kenny
Apr 30 2008, 10:25 AM
Oh God, the way she sobbed like a lost puppy dog was BEYOND heartbreaking! Rocking back and forth... oy. The best she's been in years, IMO.

YES! Exactly.

Quote:

Her two tapes should definitely be that episode and the Stefano confrontation. Shows the weak side of Marlena, as well as the strong side. All facets!

Sounds good to me! The episode where John died would be up there too. She pretty much moved that entire hospital room to tears. Almost the definition of a lead actress performance. I always have trouble picking just 2 shows. :P

DramaKing
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 30 2008, 07:26 AM
JackPeyton
Apr 30 2008, 11:24 AM

Depends on how you think of it. Alison Sweeney is deserving of the lead nomination considering that she has pretty much been leading this show for the last 6 years.

But Deidre Hall, it's a damn shame this woman has yet to have an Emmy after 30+ years. That's deserving to me.

true true, id love both of them to get a nom - so i wouldnt care what one. dee deserves an emmy. ali deserves one, IMHO... so...

Kenny
Member Avatar

You know what's a real Emmy injustice? The fact that Lauren Koslow has yet to receive a nomination, despite carrying the show (IMO) from 1998 - 2002.

Year after year, she's consistently great... and she gets nothing.

Jonatha

Here we go. :)

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Do I look like I give a bluedilly fuck?!

I want GH's Kirsten Storms (Maxie) to be nom'd.

Jonatha

Jonatha
Apr 30 2008, 10:32 AM
Here we go. :)

Rachel Melvin!

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Do I look like I give a bluedilly fuck?!

Yay, Rachel!

WHAT? At the rest of the OSA nom's!

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

HOLY SHIT RACHEL MELVIN <3

And No JMB & KS from GH.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Outstanding Younger Actress

Jennifer Jandon (ATWT)
Rachel Melvin (DAYS)
Vail Bloom (Y&R)
Emily O'Brien (Y&R)
Tammin Sursuk (Y&R)

Outstanding Younger Actor

Van Hansis (ATWT)
Jesse Soffer (ATWT)
Darin Brooks (DAYS)
Tom Pelphrey (GL)
Bryton McClure (Y&R)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply