Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Actor/Writer Blog Thread; Post All Blogs In Here!
Topic Started: Apr 30 2008, 05:41 PM (11,482 Views)
Jonatha

Rakesh198
Jul 18 2008, 01:04 PM
Jonatha
Jul 18 2008, 07:30 AM
Rakesh198
Jul 18 2008, 07:21 AM
Jonatha
Jul 18 2008, 06:47 AM
Message to fans from Steve Blackwood (Bart)

I've been in touch w DAYS and there is a possibility that Bart will come back
in another incarnation( evil brother?)...can you spread this to all the web sites you know
(including your blogs) and see if fans are interested..fan support would make this happen
and the idea sounds fun to me!
Thanks Steve Blackwood
Awesome. Stefano will bring back Bart as his partner and Rolf will stay with John.
I'm stoked about this as I'm a huge fan of Steve and his music! Please pass his message around to other boards.

I just posted this on NBC. I know he has a good amount of fans there. I hope they bring him back.
Thanks, Rakesh. I know if SteveB came back that won't make everyone happy. But I do love his comedy relief and we need some of that on Days now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shylock

King's comment made me wonder something. So a general inquiry to you all: Lets say that, for argument's sake, that Days' writing was consistent and enthralling (I know, I know, bare with me). I mean I like some of the stuff going on now, but I don't feel the show is complete. It's lacking in many areas. However if the show, on the whole, was consistently good.. but the ratings stayed between 2.0 and 2.5ish. Whose return d'yall think would spur enough interest in the show to change that for the better?

IE. Are there any "money players", so to speak, in Days' history that could bring in that kind of interest?

And, for the hell of it, is there any other non-Days Alumni free agents out there from the land of Soaps (with name value preferably) that has the talent to carve out an interesting new character to mix things up in Salem and drive ratings upwards?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Steve Blackwood is a ham and Bart is pointless. I'm sick of the show constantly going out of its way to bring back Bart and Rolf.

Mason

Shylock
Jul 18 2008, 08:26 PM
King's comment made me wonder something. So a general inquiry to you all: Lets say that, for argument's sake, that Days' writing was consistent and enthralling (I know, I know, bare with me). I mean I like some of the stuff going on now, but I don't feel the show is complete. It's lacking in many areas. However if the show, on the whole, was consistently good.. but the ratings stayed between 2.0 and 2.5ish. Whose return d'yall think would spur enough interest in the show to change that for the better?

IE. Are there any "money players", so to speak, in Days' history that could bring in that kind of interest?
Probably not, but that's pretty much the way it is with all soaps now, not just DAYS.

squee
Member Avatar

Shylock
Days has it's money players now, Marlena/John and Bo/Hope, but they are so SO badly/under utilized it's pathetic. Add to that, EJ as the handsome rogue, paired up with Nicole could be gold; the younger set of Chelsea, Nick; and if they wanted this stupid dock war story, they should have kept Belle and paired her up with Philip. Then it would have been her boyfriend vs her father, which adds an element that people could care about, family drama, etc. and Morgan could have been another complication in that.

Quote:

Steve Blackwood is a ham and Bart is pointless

True and true. And by having him with Stefano, it reduces Stefano from Big Bad Ass to Pathetic Dufus. If Stefano needs a henchman or two, you give him someone like Petrov (remember him?) Now that was a henchman. :scared:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ok...going back a little bit to Joe's chat...

I would hate it if they reversed what they corrected last year and made Tony Stefano's son. That sounds like something Joe and maybe even Thaoo pushed for because it does open up story possibilities. I hate it. I hated it when JER did and I would hate it now. The rest of his chat sounded promising though.

As for Bart, I figured Corday may feel bad because they brought Steve Blackwood back and killed him off soon after without telling him beforehand but it's a waste. Hell, as much as I enjoy Rolf as a butler, he's a waste. Why carry around useless characters? There is just no need to bring Steve Blackwood back. I like him and wish him well but I feel it's pointless.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

ArizonaDaze
Jul 18 2008, 10:57 AM
Has Days gotten so bad that we want to relive the past instead of looking to the future (if Days has a future past 2009)? Bart was ok, but got so cartoonish when he was Tony's (Andre) sidekick during Melaswen. As much as we all would probably like to go back in time to those days we remember as great, they can't be recreated with the writing team we have today. As to the future, it doesn't look to good right now either. The return of old favorites hasn't proved to be magic this time around.
But, but, but....TPTB keep seeing people WANTING to relive the past!!!! Seriously, on other boards, I see people whining about wanting the past back and missing the past and all that stuff. So, maybe they're starting with Bart and working their way backwards!!!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Thaao posted

Dear Friends,
Got back on Monday and have been shooting with Joe all week. And Leann yesterday. Then everyday next week. Finally some story and with all that transpired on this last journey I had a lot of creative energy to put in the character.
It was probably the most difficult journey I've ever had..losing bags in Egypt, crashing down on concrete in the balloon ride in military territory..surrounded by guns,
130 degree heat...Damascus was great except they don't cash traveler's checks. Loved the great Crusader castle to the Ancient city of Palmyra and to the church where St. Paul was baptized . Saw a lot of new things this time and should have some great photos.
Have a lot of lines to study so I'll close but will report soon. Looking forward to meeting everyone in August.
Love Thaao

http://www.thaaopenghlis.com/id2.htm

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sindacco
Jul 19 2008, 03:33 PM
Thaao posted

Dear Friends,
Got back on Monday and have been shooting with Joe all week. And Leann yesterday. Then everyday next week. Finally some story and with all that transpired on this last journey I had a lot of creative energy to put in the character.
It was probably the most difficult journey I've ever had..losing bags in Egypt, crashing down on concrete in the balloon ride in military territory..surrounded by guns,
130 degree heat...Damascus was great except they don't cash traveler's checks. Loved the great Crusader castle to the Ancient city of Palmyra and to the church where St. Paul was baptized . Saw a lot of new things this time and should have some great photos.
Have a lot of lines to study so I'll close but will report soon. Looking forward to meeting everyone in August.
Love Thaao

I love seeing his travel pictures. Lucky dude. And yay for filming with Joe and Leann!! August ought to be good.

Ellie

squee
Jul 18 2008, 10:23 PM
Shylock
Days has it's money players now, Marlena/John and Bo/Hope, but they are so SO badly/under utilized it's pathetic. Add to that, EJ as the handsome rogue, paired up with Nicole could be gold; the younger set of Chelsea, Nick; and if they wanted this stupid dock war story, they should have kept Belle and paired her up with Philip. Then it would have been her boyfriend vs her father, which adds an element that people could care about, family drama, etc. and Morgan could have been another complication in that.

Quote:

Steve Blackwood is a ham and Bart is pointless

True and true. And by having him with Stefano, it reduces Stefano from Big Bad Ass to Pathetic Dufus. If Stefano needs a henchman or two, you give him someone like Petrov (remember him?) Now that was a henchman. :scared:
Excellent post, and great point about Bart/Stefano. If Joe M didn't like being written as a caricature before, he sure won't like it now if he's paired with Bart. (And agree about Petrov. Sigh. Stefano as a scary villain used to be actually... scary.)

hops
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 18 2008, 12:52 PM
Bringing Bart or a look-a-like back on would be stupid and pointless. The show's a joke enough as it is without doing this.
I agree. Please we do not need anymore of this kind of stuff.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Jul 19 2008, 01:40 AM

I would hate it if they reversed what they corrected last year and made Tony Stefano's son. That sounds like something Joe and maybe even Thaoo pushed for because it does open up story possibilities. I hate it. I hated it when JER did and I would hate it now. The rest of his chat sounded promising though.

As for Bart, I figured Corday may feel bad because they brought Steve Blackwood back and killed him off soon after without telling him beforehand but it's a waste. Hell, as much as I enjoy Rolf as a butler, he's a waste. Why carry around useless characters? There is just no need to bring Steve Blackwood back. I like him and wish him well but I feel it's pointless.
Thaao and Joe did not push for it. It was the show's idea. Yes I do know that for a fact.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Jonatha
Jul 18 2008, 06:47 AM
Message to fans from Steve Blackwood (Bart)

I've been in touch w DAYS and there is a possibility that Bart will come back
in another incarnation( evil brother?)...can you spread this to all the web sites you know
(including your blogs) and see if fans are interested..fan support would make this happen
and the idea sounds fun to me!
Thanks Steve Blackwood
I'm happy Steve may be coming back. I prefer Bart, but if he comes back as a different character, that's fine too. He's a helluva chameleon. I loved his disguises at the end of his run in 2005. Bart stripping at Sami and Chloe's bridal shower has to be the funniest eppy ever. He had me in tears.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Jul 19 2008, 03:33 PM
Thaao posted

Dear Friends,
Love Thaao

Glad he enjoyed his trip and awesome that he is taping with Leann and Joe. Look forward to what is to come!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hoochielicious
Jul 20 2008, 06:57 PM
PhoenixRising05

Thaao and Joe did not push for it. It was the show's idea. Yes I do know that for a fact.
Ok. Glad you posted and informed us. I just tossed it out there as a theory because they enjoy working together and Thaoo always commented positively about the relationship between Stefano and Tony when he was playing Andre acting like Tony. He always said it brought out the "humanity" in Tony/Andre so I thought maybe Joe and/or Thaoo pushed for it because it was said in SOD that Joe was going to be working with Dena and Ken on stories for the Stefano character. It was just a though.

Tammy
Member Avatar

As anxious as I am about how the upcoming Stefano sl will be written, I can't wait for Joe M to be on screen again. His first air date will be my return to watching the show. So I can hear those infamous words. "It's good to be back" lmao. I am remembering that right aren't I? Isn't that what he always says when the phoenix "rises" from the ashes lmao.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

According to another site he returns week of August 4.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jul 21 2008, 04:41 AM
Thanks. For once in a LONG time I am excited about something DAYS related lol.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Jul 21 2008, 01:14 AM
hoochielicious
Jul 20 2008, 06:57 PM
PhoenixRising05

Ok. Glad you posted and informed us. I just tossed it out there as a theory because they enjoy working together and Thaoo always commented positively about the relationship between Stefano and Tony when he was playing Andre acting like Tony. He always said it brought out the "humanity" in Tony/Andre so I thought maybe Joe and/or Thaoo pushed for it because it was said in SOD that Joe was going to be working with Dena and Ken on stories for the Stefano character. It was just a though.
The show was kicking around Tony being Stefano's son late last year, so that was pre-Dena I guess. Thaao told me that on the phone late Nov. That's the only spoiler he gave me that didn't come true immediately. He knew what was going on with the Christmas eppies, but besides the Tony/Stefano thing, he had no clue what his 2008 storyline was going to be. He just knew he was getting one.

I even mentioned how cool it would be to bring back Anna DiMera Designs. He didn't even know his storyline was going to be business related. He was in the dark. So I doubt he had any say on the Tony/Stefano thing. Yeah, they love working together. This idea of a storyline was born late last year. Anyway, if anyone has a problem with the storyline, and I totally see why because of Tony/Renee, but don't blame the actors! lol If Joe has input now, that's wonderful. I'm sure it'll be better than the crap they gave him last year.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Sindacco
Jul 21 2008, 04:41 AM
Thanks!
:rockon:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply