Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Actor/Writer Blog Thread; Post All Blogs In Here!
Topic Started: Apr 30 2008, 05:41 PM (11,478 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Tom Casiello is the man.

Tom's MySpace Blog

He has alot to say about the behind-the-scenes mess at Days, and I suggest you all read it. It really makes you look at things in a different light.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Thaao posted 8/1:

What an exhausting week, I think there's a good show for Stefano and Tony on Aug 11.
Everyone I know survived the earthquake. It certainly shook everyone at the studio. Leann is working well too. Its been Quite an intense story and loved working agai with Drake and Diedre.

Just got the pics from Syria and Egypt. So when Lee gets back we'll begin posting. Also there will be a chat soon and we can catch up. Thanks for the letters.
Be well
Thaao

http://thaaopenghlis.com/id2.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Thursday, July 31, 2008
Word Count

Just an observation....did you notice how many times I used the word "awesome" in that last post, 20ish minutes ago? It's like it's replaced the word "like" in my vocabulary. This can be blamed on my roommate. She is AWESOME!
Posted by Rachel Melvin at 8:42 PM 0 comments

All across the USA
Tomorrow I leave for South Carolina for the weekend, which will bring an end to what will now be known as "my month away from LA". I have been out of town basically this whole month since the show took a two week hiatus at the beginning of July.

My first stop was Hawaii with the family. In celebration of me being nominated (though it would have been even cooler to have celebrated a win! :) ) I took my family to Oahu. As hard as it may be to believe my parents have not taken a vacation or gone anywhere since basically their honeymoon in 1980 or 81? Regardless, it's been a while. So my sister, mom and dad and I took the 6 hour flight and laid on the beach for about 6 days. I had debated bringing a video camera to webisode the whole thing since my sister and I are convinced our family life makes for an excellently entertaining sitcom, but decided against it since it was so hectic. My dad threw his back out our second day there, my sister wouldn't leave Pearl Harbor (history major/teacher), and I was stressing myself out with trying to get us all to where we needed to be on time. However, had there not been chaos or drama, it would not have been the vacation I was hoping for. We all got tan, went parasailing, snorkeling, saw some dolphins, sting rays and turtles, went kaiaking, swam with dolphins, yelled at eachother, got in fights, made up, it was lovely. Until the day we left. My sister and I had such severe sunburns we could barely sit on the plane. Conveniently mine was on my bum from snorkeling. Awesome. I was in utter misery for the 6 hour flight back, but it was an awesome trip.

I came back to LA, worked for two days, then flew out to New York, my first solo trip ever. It was completely awesome! I had been to NY once before with a friend for New Years during the winter, which I still enjoyed regardless of the cold climate, and this was my first time back since. I swear to God, I am in love with that city and need to spend the rest of my life there. I went to see Chicago and The Lion King on Broadway which were both awesome, and I also went to the Met and the MoMa (museums for those of you who aren't familiar). I also met up with Julie Pinson and Billie Warlock, as well as Austin Peck and his family. They are just the coolest of people and I had such a blast with them. Have I ever expressed how much I love Julie? Well in case I haven't, tho I am sure I have, I LOVE HER! She is really like another older sister to me, and I miss her so much. Her house is so cute and I am jealous of her! I swear she is living Carrie Bradshaws life from Sex and the City and I told her she was living my dream. One day. Speaking of SNTC, I went on a tour and got to see all these amazing locations where the show shot during its run. We had a really cool tour guide who filled us in on some cool tid bits about the show that I never knew, it was just totally awesome. Needless to say, it was a really great trip and I had a really hard time leaving and getting on the plane, in fact, I pouted.

During my pouting while waiting for my cursed flight to bring me back to my dreaded home (hehe- drama queen!) I came to find that it was raining outside and therefore, the airport apparently did not know how to function! It rained for a total of 45 minutes but our flight was suddenly delayed for a full two hours. As if that weren't enough, by the time we boarded the plane and pulled away from the gate, the captain told us it would be another two hours before we could depart because the runway was backed up due to the rain. You think they could have figured that out BEFORE we boarded the cramped cabin?! So there I sat, bracing myself for the longest flight of my life! But, much to my luck, the guys sitting next to me were dealing with the same anxiety and clausterphobia as myself, so you know what they say, "misery loves company". It became the most fun flight of my life, and I swear, they were like the funniest people I'd ever met. I'd never laughed so hard during such a sucky situation.

I got back to LA while my new friends from New York were about to enjoy their LA visit, which I may have slightly damped with negativity when I expressed a millions times why New York was SOOOO much better than LA. Haha. ANyway, they had an awesome time here I am happy to report, and I plan on going back very soon. This is what I mean, they say New Yorkers are jaded and mean, I found them very approachable and friendly, it was so easy to talk to people and make friends- at least in my six day experience.

So now I am back in LA, getting ready to leave for South Carolina for the Taylor Youth Organization. It would have been an awesome weekend had I not fallen down the stairs at work yesterday on the way to my dressing room. I am now sporting an awesome Ace Bandage and stellar silver crutches. The dance party on Saturday should be awesome for me, the cripple! Nonetheless I am very enthusiastic about it, especially if it's anything like last year.

Mix all that with my first earthquake experience this past Tuesday, I've had a rockin' July!!!

http://rachelmelvinblog.blogspot.com/

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Not one word on her storyline coming up? Good, I take that as a good sign that Chan will be over soon.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That is interesting that she doesn't talk about Chan when she's been doing that ad nauseum for the past few months. Hope that means they are through.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply