Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Actor/Writer Blog Thread; Post All Blogs In Here!
Topic Started: Apr 30 2008, 05:41 PM (11,534 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mason
Apr 30 2008, 09:37 PM
King
Apr 30 2008, 05:47 PM
I kind of feel bad. If I googled my mom and saw this shit we post about DH about my mom, I would probs have a coronary. But then again, that's life in the spotlight!

Eh, I don't really feel any guilt. If she wants people not to talk crap about her, then all she has to do is write decent stories. It's not rocket science.

Read a message board. For every fan that doesn't like her writing, there's a fan that does. It's all difference in opinion.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 30 2008, 10:16 PM
Mason
King
I kind of feel bad. If I googled my mom and saw this shit we post about DH about my mom, I would probs have a coronary. But then again, that's life in the spotlight!

Eh, I don't really feel any guilt. If she wants people not to talk crap about her, then all she has to do is write decent stories. It's not rocket science.

Read a message board. For every fan that doesn't like her writing, there's a fan that does. It's all difference in opinion.

Okay then, let me rephrase...

If she doesn't want me talking crap about her, then all she has to do is write decent stories.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

When I diss Dena Higley's writing, I diss Dena Higley's writing. For all I know she's a regular Mother Theresa.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Naughty Eskimo
Apr 30 2008, 10:20 PM
When I diss Dena Higley's writing, I diss Dena Higley's writing. For all I know she's a regular Mother Theresa.

LoL, she might be...but I wouldn't hold my breath. :lol:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mason
Apr 30 2008, 11:19 PM
DrewHamilton
Apr 30 2008, 10:16 PM
Mason
King

Okay then, let me rephrase...

If she doesn't want me talking crap about her, then all she has to do is write decent stories.

Much better. :D

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Apr 30 2008, 06:43 PM
Um, she says and talks about the same stuff that Ali, Rachel, Thaao, and everyone else says and talks about in their blogs.

Why are people saying this is boring and no one cares? Because it's Higley.

I disagree -- to an extent. I care, sometimes, about reading the stars' personal stories, but can't stand, under almost any circumstance, reading a writer's personal life. Why? Because I'm spoiled by the JER interviews of old. He would just UNLOAD everything, he'd get into the characters' minds, the stories, talk about the writing process, "Passions," how he can't drive a car because he'd be too preoccupied wondering what lives every passenger around him lead, etc. That's what I want from writers. I'm fascinated by that stuff. it's not that I don't care, and I did appreciate the bangs anecdote in this entry, but I love Dena's work this go 'round, think she's doing a great job, and yet I still wish her blogs were more like 60 percent "Days," 40 percent personal, or even 50/50; I'd even settle 40/60. But there's not much reason to read her blog, on an NBC site, no less, if she doesn't talk about the show. Primetime writers spill more secrets on their blogs than she has so far! This is her time to shine in the blogosphere; she should use it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

JERSoapsFan
May 1 2008, 12:10 AM
King
Apr 30 2008, 06:43 PM
Um, she says and talks about the same stuff that Ali, Rachel, Thaao, and everyone else says and talks about in their blogs.

Why are people saying this is boring and no one cares? Because it's Higley.

I disagree -- to an extent. I care, sometimes, about reading the stars' personal stories, but can't stand, under almost any circumstance, reading a writer's personal life. Why? Because I'm spoiled by the JER interviews of old. He would just UNLOAD everything, he'd get into the characters' minds, the stories, talk about the writing process, "Passions," how he can't drive a car because he'd be too preoccupied wondering what lives every passenger around him lead, etc. That's what I want from writers. I'm fascinated by that stuff. it's not that I don't care, and I did appreciate the bangs anecdote in this entry, but I love Dena's work this go 'round, think she's doing a great job, and yet I still wish her blogs were more like 60 percent "Days," 40 percent personal, or even 50/50; I'd even settle 40/60. But there's not much reason to read her blog, on an NBC site, no less, if she doesn't talk about the show. Primetime writers spill more secrets on their blogs than she has so far! This is her time to shine in the blogosphere; she should use it.

You really should try and find a copy of Harding Lemay's "Eight Years in Another World" then (actually, I'm a firm believe that it's a 'must read' for anyone into soap operas). It's a full book about his entire writing tenure on AW from the beginning all the way through the end. IMO, one of the most fascinating books about the writing construction of the genre ever produced. I treasure my copy (had to shell out a TON of money for it) and it's something I'll never part with.

Kenny
Member Avatar

She needs to quit spending time with all her litter and get to writing a decent soap.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Naughty Eskimo
May 1 2008, 04:20 AM

I think most of us diss the writing when we diss the writers but there have been death wishes about Higley.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kenny
May 1 2008, 01:17 AM
She needs to quit spending time with all her litter and get to writing a decent soap.

I take it you're not a parent <_<

Dr. Chip

JERSoapsFan
May 1 2008, 12:10 AM
I'm spoiled by the JER interviews of old. He would just UNLOAD everything, he'd get into the characters' minds, the stories, talk about the writing process, "Passions," how he can't drive a car because he'd be too preoccupied wondering what lives every passenger around him lead, etc.

I don't think that's why JER can't drive a car.

Sorry, couldn't resist. <_<

Kenny
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 1 2008, 07:07 AM
Kenny
May 1 2008, 01:17 AM

I take it you're not a parent <_<

LoL, I was being sarcastic, babe.

Tishmanspeyer
Unregistered

right now dena is making me very happy. i like that ejami is on the way, i like that lucas is going in a different direction, i like ava out of the room..i love nu jawn and his new relationship with marlena..rolf is cracking me up..and more mystery on the way..

only thing i am not liking now is daniel and chelsea..would rather he hook up with lexie!
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't mind hearing about her family because, even thought I hated it and was resistant at first, it has made her somewhat endearing. It makes her more real and she is somewhat interesting I guess. I guess I don't mind it as long as she throws in some stuff about the show and how it is being a HW and so on, much like she did here only I would say she needs a bit more in that regard. If she does that, then she will fulfill the purpose IMO.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It's nothing that Alison Sweeney and Rachel Melvin don't do in their blogs. Dena can't write everything she's going to do in her blogs, otherwise, why would she be writing the show?

As long as she inserts something DAYS-related, I won't care if she talks about her family the majority of the blog.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That's a good point. It's just like the actors do and she can't mention alot of things because it spoils too much or gets her in trouble.

As long as the show is focused on in some capacity, it will be fine IMO.

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
May 1 2008, 11:28 AM
It's nothing that Alison Sweeney and Rachel Melvin don't do in their blogs. Dena can't write everything she's going to do in her blogs, otherwise, why would she be writing the show?

As long as she inserts something DAYS-related, I won't care if she talks about her family the majority of the blog.

I disagree. She can open up as much as she wants about past episodes. "We did this because... we thought this would be cool... this added an interesting element" and so forth. The "Grey's Anatomy" blog has had fascinating stuff on it, regarding past episodes, behind-the-scenes decisions, etc. Dena should be writing more about that stuff.
Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, just like in her Days writing, she apparently can't make EVERYONE happy! :angel:

Mason
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 2 2008, 06:22 PM
Well, just like in her Days writing, she apparently can't make EVERYONE happy! :angel:

Does she even try to? LoL

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
May 2 2008, 06:27 PM
ladyofthelake
May 2 2008, 06:22 PM

Does she even try to? LoL

She must. There are apparently some happy customers on this site. I'm not necessarily one of them, but oh well.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply