Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Actor/Writer Blog Thread; Post All Blogs In Here!
Topic Started: Apr 30 2008, 05:41 PM (11,481 Views)
DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I'm not a fan or hers and think she is ruining Days. Too full of herself, apparently. I hope it's over soon.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
May 2 2008, 06:27 PM
ladyofthelake
May 2 2008, 06:22 PM
Well, just like in her Days writing, she apparently can't make EVERYONE happy! :angel:

Does she even try to? LoL

I'm not her biggest fan but she's doing something right.

I see more positive reactions on boards now then I do negative. I don't like everything but I will say she's balanced the cast and her stories are better this time around. Plus, she's managed to please both the plot and character driven fan camps so I would say she's done pretty decent so far.

I've already accepted no matter who is writing 50% overall will hate it or just be eh about it and 50% will like it. Shakesphere himself can be writing and the reactions would still be the same.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DaysFanJean
May 2 2008, 08:13 PM
I'm not a fan or hers and think she is ruining Days. Too full of herself, apparently. I hope it's over soon.

Didn't you say the same about Hogan though? And JER?

I mean, it's fine but you can't just keep changing writers at the drop of a bucket. I know everyone has a different point of view as to what they want from the show but I can never really get a read on yours, Jean, which is why I guess I'm confused by what your looking for out of the show and the writer. :shrug:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
May 3 2008, 01:09 AM
DaysFanJean
May 2 2008, 08:13 PM
I'm not a fan or hers and think she is ruining Days.  Too full of herself, apparently.  I hope it's over soon.

Didn't you say the same about Hogan though? And JER?

I mean, it's fine but you can't just keep changing writers at the drop of a bucket. I know everyone has a different point of view as to what they want from the show but I can never really get a read on yours, Jean, which is why I guess I'm confused by what your looking for out of the show and the writer. :shrug:

I think only the sainted Shari Anderson will make some people happy.
You're right.....part of Days's problem is the inconsistency of writing. Which writer had the longest tenure recently? And for how long?

King
Member Avatar

I am sure if they brought Sheri Anderson back, it would be a mess. I think a lot goes in to making a show successful. The right producers, the right cast, the right writer. It all has to be alligned. It's not just one thing. Would Sheri's stint have been so amazing if they didn't have the budget for the location shoots, the music, the fresh chemistry of Kristian and Peter, Matt and Melissa, Drake and Dee, Steve and Mary Beth??? Everything's been done with them all now. EVERYTHING. But when she had the reigns the first time, they were all ripe for pickin' so fans were more open to the stories, I think. The same could be said for JER and his first run with Corday/Him/The right cast/the fresh stories/Wyman/Langan. They were all at their piques.

Mason

PhoenixRising05
May 3 2008, 01:07 AM
I see more positive reactions on boards now then I do negative.

And that's a mystery that I don't think I'll ever find the answer to, because right now, I'm finding DAYS to be the most boring it's been in years.

sema608
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Apr 30 2008, 06:22 PM
"Higley Ho" has a certain ring to it. :lol:

Still, her blogs are as boring as her soap writing.

:lol:

So true. I couldn't finish reading her blog.

I wonder if this is the new tactic on TIIC's part-- Make her blog about her personal life to get fans to LIKE her to the point they can't hate her anymore as the HW. So they'll say "Oh, it's okay. She's a really nice person though. Give her a chance." ;)

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

She probably is a very nice person. I'm just not crazy about the way she writes.

Mason

sema608
May 4 2008, 02:50 PM
I wonder if this is the new tactic on TIIC's part-- Make her blog about her personal life to get fans to LIKE her to the point they can't hate her anymore as the HW. So they'll say "Oh, it's okay. She's a really nice person though. Give her a chance." ;)

If that's their way of thinking, it's severely flawed. It'll take a hell of a lot more than a few stories about her spawn and whatnot to get me to warm up to her. I don't give a crap about her personal life, I just want her to do her job well and entertain me, and right now, she's failing miserably at that.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
May 4 2008, 02:52 PM
She probably is a very nice person. I'm just not crazy about the way she writes.

Same here. In fact, hearing about her a bit has helped me to like her. I just hope we get little tidbits in her blog about the show, like we have here. and maybe a bit of insight into how it is being a HW.

I'm enjoying a good part of her work this far and hope she irons out some of the other stuff. Since her and her team's official work began airing, I think things have really picked up so hopefully that will continue.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
May 3 2008, 11:31 AM
I am sure if they brought Sheri Anderson back, it would be a mess. I think a lot goes in to making a show successful. The right producers, the right cast, the right writer. It all has to be alligned. It's not just one thing. Would Sheri's stint have been so amazing if they didn't have the budget for the location shoots, the music, the fresh chemistry of Kristian and Peter, Matt and Melissa, Drake and Dee, Steve and Mary Beth??? Everything's been done with them all now. EVERYTHING. But when she had the reigns the first time, they were all ripe for pickin' so fans were more open to the stories, I think. The same could be said for JER and his first run with Corday/Him/The right cast/the fresh stories/Wyman/Langan. They were all at their piques.

FANTASTIC post.

I always said that it would end up being like JER's second run. It would start out ok but she would try to re-create the same stories and it would fall flat. I like Sheri but I don't think she should be anything more then a co-HW. Her time has past and everyone keeps saying that they are sick of the reverting to the 80's. Well, everything that made Sheri great was related to the 80's style so I just think she would flop if HW on her own, especially with the budget cuts and all.

I also have a thought that if she did return she may want to do what she did the last time and push the vets to the backburner and start up a new golden age of couples. That is what happened in the 80's that gets glossed over alot and the fans would no way take that this time.

King
Member Avatar

Thanks. I try. :lol:

Dena was actually super cute on Soap Talk a few years ago. She's this little blonde thing. I liked her stuff on OLTL for the most part, and I'm liking DAYS so far.

Whatever! I'm giving her a shot! :wizard:

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

King
May 4 2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks. I try. :lol:

Dena was actually super cute on Soap Talk a few years ago. She's this little blonde thing. I liked her stuff on OLTL for the most part, and I'm liking DAYS so far.

Whatever! I'm giving her a shot! :wizard:

:thumbsup:

And I love that she said lots of good stuff for John is coming.

Ellie

King

I disagree completely with this, but leaving that aside, whenever I see people write this in relation to Dena it makes me smile. It's like, instead of bringing back one of the most successful writers in Days history, let's bring back someone whose firings from Days and OLTL were literally celebrated by the fans!

I think bringing back Sheri would be the best decision Days could possibly make at this point. I am willing to give Higley a chance, but so far I'm not thrilled with many of the decisions she seems to be making. The stories seem completely plot-based, with the exception of the John and Marlena story, which is curiously missing from the upcoming spoilers. I do hope Dena does a good job, and I hope the ratings go up. But can I say I'm glad Days chose her as its new headwriter? Not particularly.

King
Member Avatar

There are a lot of amazing writers who had unbelievable and memorable first tenures who were brought back to re-create their magic and have sucked. Big time.

I'm not doing cartwheels over Higley writing the show either. But I'm liking it better than 2007.

Ellie

King
May 4 2008, 05:24 PM
There are a lot of amazing writers who had unbelievable and memorable first tenures who were brought back to re-create their magic and have sucked. Big time.

Yep. But Sheri was already brought back once to recreate her magic, and she made even more magic.

Quote:

I'm not doing cartwheels over Higley writing the show either. But I'm liking it better than 2007.

And that is something you and I agree COMPLETELY on! :)

King
Member Avatar

I hope you didn't take any of my posts as me meaning Higley is my dream writer for DAYS right now. She's definitely not! But, surprisingly, I'm enjoying it.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
May 4 2008, 05:02 PM
King

I disagree completely with this, but leaving that aside, whenever I see people write this in relation to Dena it makes me smile. It's like, instead of bringing back one of the most successful writers in Days history, let's bring back someone whose firings from Days and OLTL were literally celebrated by the fans!

I think bringing back Sheri would be the best decision Days could possibly make at this point. I am willing to give Higley a chance, but so far I'm not thrilled with many of the decisions she seems to be making. The stories seem completely plot-based, with the exception of the John and Marlena story, which is curiously missing from the upcoming spoilers. I do hope Dena does a good job, and I hope the ratings go up. But can I say I'm glad Days chose her as its new headwriter? Not particularly.

I kinda thought you'd say that. :P As I recall, you are an ardent booster of St. Sheri over at other places, too.
I totally disagree. Who's to say Sheri wouldn't backburner J&M like she did Doug and Julie? Different times call for different strategies, at least they should.
The 80s are done. She might not even write the same way now. And apparently, there is some reason they don't want her. Heaven knows the opportunity to hire her has probably come up in the past 5 years or so.

Ellie

King
May 4 2008, 05:32 PM

I hope you didn't take any of my posts as me meaning Higley is my dream writer for DAYS right now. She's definitely not! But, surprisingly, I'm enjoying it.

No worries - same here. I'm willing to give her a chance, and if the ratings go up, I'll be thrilled.

Ellie

ladyofthelake
May 4 2008, 05:49 PM
I kinda thought you'd say that. :P  As I recall, you are an ardent booster of St. Sheri over at other places, too.

Ummm... right. I think.

Quote:

I totally disagree. Who's to say Sheri wouldn't backburner J&M like she did Doug and Julie? Different times call for different strategies, at least they should. The 80s are done. She might not even write the same way now.

Interestingly, Bill Hayes recently called Sheri the best Days headwriter ever. And I think she wouldn't backburner J&M, because she'd know part of her job would be to raise the ratings. ;)

Quote:

And apparently, there is some reason they don't want her. Heaven knows the opportunity to hire her has probably come up in the past 5 years or so.

And just look how well the headwriter hiring decisions of the past five years have gone. Given whatever criteria Days has used for hiring, it doesn't surprise me in the least that they didn't pick her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply