Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Kate, Andre and Shawn Pub Scenes
Topic Started: May 2 2008, 11:14 AM (1,109 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This is why Thaao has been nominated. He reeked of talent during his reign of terror as Andre. He proved it time and time again. He literally sent fear into me.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

This is exactly what I was saying in another thread. Thaao really was just plain scary as Andre last year! It was probably the first time in I don't know how long that a soap character actually creeped me out like that. He was such a loose cannon, but not in a hammy, JER-ish way.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I agree. Thaoo was superb.

I do wonder what he submitted though. I would think maybe this but perhaps Andre the clown was submitted (although that may have turned off voters because it had some camp factor). I am guessing one of the episodes he submitted was when he went berserk at the TV studio and went off on Stefano and everyone there because that was pretty good.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm pretty sure Tom C. said that Thaao sent in one tape as Andre, and one as Tony, same as Judi Evans.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
May 2 2008, 10:18 PM
I agree.  Thaoo was superb.

I do wonder what he submitted though.  I would think maybe this but perhaps Andre the clown was submitted (although that may have turned off voters because it had some camp factor).  I am guessing one of the episodes he submitted was when he went berserk at the TV studio and went off on Stefano and everyone there because that was pretty good.

Those scenes were some of my favorites with Andre last year. At the TV studio when he lashed out at Stefano, those when he was dressed as a clown, fencing with Tony and killing Bart, and those scenes in June at the family dinner and after the dinner when Andre told EJ that the best day in his life would be watching EJ die [while laughing].

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
May 2 2008, 03:19 PM
I'm pretty sure Tom C. said that Thaao sent in one tape as Andre, and one as Tony, same as Judi Evans.

Ah, ok.

That makes sense. I wonder what he submitted as Tony though. I can't really think of anything notable. Perhaps when he was found on the island by J&M and Anna. Hmm...

Mason

For Tony, I hope he submitted either the scenes where Tony confronted Stefano and Andre after he first got back to Salem or the scenes in the hospital when E.J. tried to get Tony, Lexie and Benjy to help Stefano.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Forgot about that, Mason. Those would be good.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I hope resubmitted one of each where the two didn't interact much because that would really show his range.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Thaao showed how talented he was last year, i just wish Higley would give him something more exciting to do...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Well, his contract is up this month so, hopefully he stays.

He seems happy and once that is settled I will cross my fingers he gets more story.

Mason

I'm hoping the Emmy nomination gives Thaao more motivation to stay.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Well Thaao may not want to stay given the material he's getting now. Unless he enjoys playing these lame comedic scenes, he'll probably want something more and leave to look elsewhere.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
May 4 2008, 10:11 AM
Well Thaao may not want to stay given the material he's getting now. Unless he enjoys playing these lame comedic scenes, he'll probably want something more and leave to look elsewhere.

Actually, reading his comments and past interviews, the story he is getting now is probably what he prefers, especially since LeAnn and him are still working together and being given something to do. Plus, he always said how much he wanted to work with Lauren again and that has been happening too.

Thaoo pushed for a woman HW and now Days has one (not the best one but still). He seems happy and it's coming through in his work and IMO the story for him has improved this past week. The business angle didn't come off as much of a farce this week in the studio scenes and it was great to finally see actual movement there.

I think this may work in Days' favor as far as keeping Thaoo. He can still stay in do other projects because he isn't on everyday and he and Anna are getting romantic comedy type stuff and he loves that. Hopefully, he stays and they branch Anna and him off into other stories because I'm pretty sure his status is why they dragged their feet with his story a bit.

Hoochie21
Member Avatar

Quote:

This is why Thaao has been nominated. He reeked of talent during his reign of terror as Andre. He proved it time and time again. He literally sent fear into me.

[dohtml]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z59nhVnTI6E&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z59nhVnTI6E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/dohtml]

I loved that scene, thank you so much for posting it. Loved the way Andre kicked Shawn's pathetic ass, and loved the kiss he planted on Kate, that made me grin from ear to ear! :dance:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Fixed

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Video Vault · Next Topic »
Add Reply