Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Casting calls for May; *updated* 5-22
Topic Started: May 4 2008, 03:33 PM (6,837 Views)
Jonatha

Sides for "Melanie"

Melanie 15-18 Gorgeous Caucasian female. Melanie is a love to hate type of girl. Confident. Gorgeous and smart. She is full of piss and vinegar and sugar and spice. Melanie always gets her way, no matter what. She can fool most men into thinking she is as sweet as the day is long, however, she is anything but. She is a force to be reckoned with.

Page 1

Fade in: (Chris is in front of a mirror, striking an 'at bat' pose with an imaginary baseball bat.)

Chris: Fly ball to center. Oh, baby, he crushed that one. It is high, it is deep, it is...

(A voice cuts through the doorway)

Melanie: A pop up to the shortstop. The game is over. Oh, baby.

(Chris turns to see Melanie regarding him with amusement)

Chris: How long have you been standing there?

Melanie: (shrugs) Long enough to know you've got a pretty sweet swing.

Chris: You could've knocked.

Melanie: Yeah. I could have but then I would have missed the show.

Chris: Did you want something in particular?

Melanie: Not really

Page 2

Chris: I'll see you around, then.

Melanie: You don't want me to leave. I can tell.

(She waltzes past him into the room)

Melanie: So you're a good ball player huh?

Chris: Not bad.

Melanie: Captain of your school team. So my brother tells me.

Chris: Yeah? What else did he say?

Melanie: (Ignores) Why'd your mom send you away, anyway?

Chris: (turns on her) What?

Melanie: How come she packed you off to a boarding school?

Chris: (Angrily) She didn't "pack me off." And don't talk about my mom that way.

Melanie: Like what?

Chris: Like she did something bad. I'm sick of people coming down on my mother.

Melanie: All I said was....

Chris: (Cuts her off/angry) You don't know what you're talking about.

Page 3

Melanie: Okay, sorry, I was just making conversation.

(Eyes him a beat, is taken aback by his reaction)

Melanie: (Cont'd) There are no girls at your boarding school, right? So what do you do?

Chris: (Eyes her) What do you mean?

Melanie: For fun. What do you do for fun?

Chris: There's a girl's school about twenty miles away.

Melanie: So how's that work? You guys run over and sneak in the dorms after hours and stuff?

Chris: (Grins) And stuff. How old are you?

Melanie: You know how old.

Chris: Sixteen.

Melanie: So?

Chris: There are things you're not supposed to know.

Melanie: Trust me I know plenty.

Chris: If you say so.

Melanie: So I hear all you ever did with the girls in that school is have dances with them.

Chris: I did? Okay. We....had "dances." You heard right.

Page 4

Melanie: (Sarcastic) Dances. Wow. That's off the hook. Crazy insane.

Chris: So what's "off the hook" here in Salem these days? What do you and your friends do for a good time?

Melanie: We just kind of let things happen. You know? If something feels right, we go with it.

Chris: Sounds simple enough.

Melanie: It is. You should try it sometime.

Chris: (Looks her up and down) Maybe I will.

Melanie: Yeah... if you're lucky.

(Melanie exits)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Now who are these two? :huh:

Jonatha

OneBadKitty
May 4 2008, 03:36 PM
Now who are these two? :huh:

Damned if I know. I'm putting it out in hopes of changing the conversation here. :P

angmc
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Jonatha! I have no clue who this is about..Is Chris actually Will?

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Maybe we should be asking whose kids are these? :drunk:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Now that you mentioned it, Chris does sound like Will!

angmc
Member Avatar

Or..Could it be Ava and Steve's child??

Deleted User
Deleted User

If it is, they got their facts wrong. He left on his own and is he even in boarding school?

But this does intrigue me.
Quote Post Goto Top

Jonatha

angmc
May 4 2008, 03:42 PM
Or..Could it be Ava and Steve's child??

There have been mumblings and rumors that Steve and Ava had a child. Who knows? Besides if it is Will for some reason I doubt, I think it's a good guess.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Amello
May 4 2008, 03:42 PM
If it is, they got their facts wrong. He left on his own and is he even in boarding school?

But this does intrigue me.

He said, "She didn't pack me off" to boarding school.

What part is not right if it's Will? I can't remember. :drunk:

Red Mist
Member Avatar

hmmmmm? Wonder if Chris is actually Will? Thanks Jonatha!

angmc
Member Avatar

Well first it sounds like the boarding school is in the US and Will is supposed to be in Switzerland. And of course Sami had nothing to do with Will's departure since it was all arranged by Lucas while she was visiting EJ in the hospital.
Other than that it could be Will. I wonder if this has to do with the new s/l that BD referenced in the SOD article.

King
Member Avatar

Maybe Melanie is Morgan's little sister.

If Chris is Will, please let him be GAY!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

angmc
May 4 2008, 03:48 PM
Well first it sounds like the boarding school is in the US and Will is supposed to be in Switzerland. And of course Sami had nothing to do with Will's departure since it was all arranged by Lucas while she was visiting EJ in the hospital.
Other than that it could be Will. I wonder if this has to do with the new s/l that BD referenced in the SOD article.

And, since Will was played by a Chris.....
Hmmm. And people talk about Sami all the time.Course, they probably talk about Ava, too. Just how soon after Steve "died" did he work for the Vitalis? Was it ever mentioned? Course, it's Days. Why the heck am I asking for an accurate timeline????

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Personally, I don't think the Hollingsworth family should be expanded on. Paul and Morgan are enough for now.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm pretty sure that Chris is Will...The line about not talking bad about his mother made me think it was Sami he was talking about..So i guess we are getting a teen scene right in time for summer..I just hope Chris Gerse doesn't return, i'm ready for an aged recast..

King
Member Avatar

I don't necessarily think the Holingsworth family should be expanded either, but I know Higley and most DAYS fans seem to like them so I'm pretty sure Melanie is a Holingsworth.

angmc
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
May 4 2008, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty sure that Chris is Will...The line about not talking bad about his mother made me think it was Sami he was talking about..So i guess we are getting a teen scene right in time for summer..I just hope Chris Gerse doesn't return, i'm ready for an aged recast..

But if you age the Will character any more, you age the Sami character which I don't think they should do at this point. JMO

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
May 4 2008, 03:59 PM
I don't necessarily think the Holingsworth family should be expanded either, but I know Higley and most DAYS fans seem to like them so I'm pretty sure Melanie is a Holingsworth.

I agree. Morgan and her family have taken off with fans so it makes sense and new blood is needed.

Melanie sounds great. I think Chris is Will too. The part about coming down on his mom sealed it for me. Remember, often times the scene isn't exactly how it is in casting calls so some things may not be accurate but, if you think about, "Chris" makes sense as code for Will since Chris Gerse played him. I only hope they recast Will if this is the case.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

angmc
May 4 2008, 04:00 PM
Kevc1980
May 4 2008, 04:57 PM

But if you age the Will character any more, you age the Sami character which I don't think they should do at this point. JMO

But how old was Will when he went off? 14? This would only make him a couple of years older. That wouldn't be such a big deal to make Sami a couple of years older. (Considering that EJ is really only about 11)........I think it'll be Will, but I've been surprised before.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply