Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Week Of June 9th
Topic Started: Jun 9 2008, 01:23 PM (4,651 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Discuss this week's Green goings on and more in Salem......... :crown:

Classic Clip: The Bradys & Hortons get together to play trivial pursuit

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

This whole ask for a job thing is so obviously about showing Chelsea still in stalker mode. Since Kate gets sick and it's necessary for Daniel to be her Doctor, why do that? Why have her visiting her grandfather to see him, she gets a call about Kate and heads to the hospital? Wouldn't that make more sense and not let her look so pathetic? Don't get me wrong, I'd still be bitching that appears all of Chelsea's family must get sick so that Daniel can treat them, but at least Chelsea wouldn't look so immature. Also, I still feel way more chemistry between Daniel and Kate then I ever do with him and Chelsea. He and Kate LOOK like a couple where as when Chan stand next to each other, it just looks like a kid next to an adult.

I really do like the Nicole/Ava friendship. I don't like Nicole being all about telling Ava she'll find love someday, I like the idea of Nicole being cynical and more into believing love to be overstated. But it is nice to see the show use a friendship on the show to express how a character feels, such as Ava interested in John. Instead of giving us flashback after flashback.

Speaking of flashbacks, please no more Sub sex flashbacks. It was bad enough we had a chantasy today.

re: Max. I think DB does not do well with confrontation scenes. ANd spare me watching him act like a jerk around his friends. I wish the would have let him leave so I could get more Nick/Stephanie time. That said, that one scene where Max said, "I said no" would be an opportune time for us to bring up how Stephanie's other relationship with jerk Jeremy as Max is now acting fairly like Jeremy to some degree. But the show won't dare bring that up.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

JOPE! SUBSEX! :D :D :D

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jun 9 2008, 02:20 PM
chantasy
Oh, that's hilarious....and disgusting, but hilarious.

Seriously, what was the point of the rabid munching of the faces? It was so awkward to watch, cause there is nothing hot or hopelessly romantic about rabid face munching. "Yeah, lets just rabbitscrew right here where any number of my family members could walk in at any moment creating some fantastic KiDinner conversations later tonight." Chelsea needs some better fantasies, preferably ones withOUT Daniel.

Victor! I gotta say, I think it's cute how much he shows concern for his family. With Chelsea and trying to get her a job (even if it is contrived as HELL), and Kate with her freakass stomach pains....it's nice to see that side of him every once in a while.

Kate, girlfriend, nice shoes. Daniel did look really worried when she came up to him....I saw him shoot her a few looks while he was feeling her up as well, so if wanting Kate/Daniel is wrong, then I don't want to be right. The chemistry is there and that's all I care about right now.

Speaking of chemistry, I'm still loving Ejole.

Jawn/Hope cracked me up. I know a lot are grossed out by the sub sex, but I had to laugh at how pervy Jawn was being about it. Him all snickering in that low. deep. growl. voice he has, I felt bad for Hope! I'd be totally creeped out that he was all getting off on it, lol. Ew, let it go bro.

Nicole and Ava are oodles of fun, but I thought those random guys being there was a bit stupid. Really stupid....and watching them "dance" was amusing. I'm not surprised the least bit that Nicole was supportive of Jawn/Ava, and just the mere fact that Nicole referred to his wife as St. Marlena made me all giddy inside.

Max is a freaking snap case. That's about all I can say. Although Nick's slightly bitchy "I wanna do it right now, excuse me" was worth watching those entire scenes. Is Stephanie dead yet? I'm sorry, I've just had enough of her and Max, and their "relationship".

Edited by fenderbabe, Jun 9 2008, 03:18 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

fenderbabe
Jun 9 2008, 03:15 PM
Tripp
Jun 9 2008, 02:20 PM
chantasy
Oh, that's hilarious....and disgusting, but hilarious.
I wish I could take credit for it. It's from another board. But it fits.

Also, I'd like to add that I don't know why TPTB think they can convince people NOT on board with the Chan pairing by simply having them suck each other as intensely as possible. If I didn't find it hot the first dozen times I saw it, seeing it again won't convince me.
Edited by Tripp, Jun 9 2008, 03:24 PM.

Days4Life

I've watched DAYS for close to 40 years and have never given up on it; however, a couple times I have taken a "break" for awhile....I feel one of those coming on. Today's show was maybe the straw that broke the camel's back because IMO it was awful. The whole thing. An hour wasted. I didn't even enjoy Ava and Nicole, and the way John talked to Hope about the submarine sex (which I hated originally and still hate) was very yucky. I can't think of a single storyline that I'm interested in right now, so maybe I'll take a mini-vacation from Salem and go weed the flowerbeds for an extra hour a day.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The only scenes I enjoyed today was the Ava/Nicole ones, the rest I wasn't to thrilled with.....

The Hope/Jawn scenes were skeevy feeling......

The hospital stuff felt kind of contrived, it would have been nice if we had seen Kate suffering from some pain before she landed in the ER.....

Who was writing last time Kate had pains in her stomach which turned out to be "female problems" back then?

Mason

Rhiannon
Jun 9 2008, 04:40 PM
Who was writing last time Kate had pains in her stomach which turned out to be "female problems" back then?
Tom Langan was the HW back then. Although Higley was on the writing staff at the time, so it's not like she shouldn't know that this has basically been done before.

jane1978

Days4Life
Jun 9 2008, 03:49 PM
I've watched DAYS for close to 40 years and have never given up on it; however, a couple times I have taken a "break" for awhile....I feel one of those coming on. Today's show was maybe the straw that broke the camel's back because IMO it was awful. The whole thing. An hour wasted. I didn't even enjoy Ava and Nicole, and the way John talked to Hope about the submarine sex (which I hated originally and still hate) was very yucky. I can't think of a single storyline that I'm interested in right now, so maybe I'll take a mini-vacation from Salem and go weed the flowerbeds for an extra hour a day.
Interesting, because I thought today was a first show after two weeks which was good. There was finally a movement in the Max/Trent saga (I know everyone here knows from spoilers where exactly the story is going, but today there was finallly something more than Max shooting angry looks at Trent, so even general viewers could get an idea where the conflict is) and the confrontation was nice.

I really liked the John/Hope talk, basically just a filler (unless Dena plans to revisit Jope again, but I doubt Corday would alow it) but it again gave us another peak into the way Johnīs mind work and you can tell how much both Drake and writers love and enjoy this Jawn stuff. The dock/shipping war is heating up too and itīs not just empty treads anymore, and I love how vulnerable Nicol really is lately, itīs a mile away from the onenote Nicol who appeared at Victorīs door two months ago. Iīm almost wishing she and EJ really got together because the chemistry is amazing.

And Kate is back in the story with Daniel/Chelsea, maybe itīs just my feeling but I really think Dena has something in her sleeve for those three. I really doubt the only purpose of this sudden Kateīs troubles is just to show us again how good doctor Dan is.

Overall, I thought today show was ok. Nothing exceptional, but the stories are starting to move again and there was a lot of forshadowing of what is coming. Iīm looking forward to Java (I read the preview and it should be hillarious), Phorgan and the dock stuff, and even the Stax story.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I know its not a popular pairing, but I loved Jope, and I loved the mention today. Granted, Hope looked either turned on by him mentioning it or REALLY creeped out by him, but in the back of my mind, I keep hearing the cast say (and by cast, I mostly mean Nadia) that there should be some really interesting, unusual pairings this summer, and while watching John and Hope, I was thinking maybe something would happen between those two. :ducks:

I liked the Ava/Nicole scene (sad/happy girls drinking and talking about guys - maybe I am just missing Sex in the City), and I look forward to John and Ava...I like when the characters mix it up with each other, and with Marlena in the mix, maybe she will get all "Sami" and even though she doesn't want John, she won't want him to move on either.
I am kind of hoping for a Nicole/EJ pairing because I feel a bit sorry for Nicole...and I sense that Nicole will do something underhanded to get EJ to take notice of her/ruin his chances with Sami. They keep reminding us that Nicole wants EJ.
And I am also all for Nicole/EJ until I see EJ with Sami. Then, for me, those two just spark!

It was nice to see Darin get all "Will Hunting" on Roscoe, but his little attitude is irking me to no end. And Stephanie is starting to drive me insane. And next weeks spoilers are all "Stephanie is worried about Max" "Stephanie follows Max" Ugh! I could really do without this couple at present.
Nick was cute though.

And Kate's story made me laugh. That totally came out of nowhere. It's like, we just had Bo's mysterious illness come out of nowhere, and now Kate? Will Chelsea donate more pancreas? Kate isn't really good at being sick either. I like her seduction or bitch mode. Not vulnerable.
And I like Dan with Kate...or Lexie. Chelsea has been shot down...she needs to move on.

I am liking Days so far.

Oh, and as much as I love love love Bo, when he stands behind Hope talking to John and has that smart ass look on his face, I want to smack the shit out of him. He looks like such an obnoxious ass, and the fact that we know he is wrong, makes me hate him even more. Give John the benefit of the doubt, Bo and do some investigating!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Watched the show while I was working out today. Had the sound off because I had my ipod in. Took me about 2 and a half scenes to recognize Lauren Koslow. What the hell has the bitch done to her face?! Whatever it is, she needs to stop it. It's like she's in the early stages of Jackie Stallone-ism.

Days4Life

jane1978
Jun 9 2008, 05:18 PM
Days4Life
Jun 9 2008, 03:49 PM
Interesting, because I thought today was a first show after two weeks which was good. There was finally a movement in the Max/Trent saga (I know everyone here knows from spoilers where exactly the story is going, but today there was finallly something more than Max shooting angry looks at Trent, so even general viewers could get an idea where the conflict is) and the confrontation was nice.

I really liked the John/Hope talk, basically just a filler (unless Dena plans to revisit Jope again, but I doubt Corday would alow it) but it again gave us another peak into the way Johnīs mind work and you can tell how much both Drake and writers love and enjoy this Jawn stuff. The dock/shipping war is heating up too and itīs not just empty treads anymore, and I love how vulnerable Nicol really is lately, itīs a mile away from the onenote Nicol who appeared at Victorīs door two months ago. Iīm almost wishing she and EJ really got together because the chemistry is amazing.

And Kate is back in the story with Daniel/Chelsea, maybe itīs just my feeling but I really think Dena has something in her sleeve for those three. I really doubt the only purpose of this sudden Kateīs troubles is just to show us again how good doctor Dan is.

Overall, I thought today show was ok. Nothing exceptional, but the stories are starting to move again and there was a lot of forshadowing of what is coming. Iīm looking forward to Java (I read the preview and it should be hillarious), Phorgan and the dock stuff, and even the Stax story.
My problem is that even though there is movement in some of the stories, I don't care. I have never liked Max and Stephanie (either alone or as a couple), so that story doesn't interest me. I hate the Chelsea/Daniel story, and I think the Kate illness today was lame--and LK wasn't even very convincing. I'm tired of the Salem PD and their bungling of every case that comes their way. Roman has been looking for any excuse to get John away from Marlena so hasn't even tried to do a real investigation; maybe Bo and Hope will actually investigate, but I'm past caring. EJ/Sami/Lucas was old and tired a year ago, and I have no interest in watching Lucas yell and Sami grovel. I hate Chloe, and she's making me tune out the Philip scenes. All of the "green" stuff bored me, I'm tired of flashbacks and dream sequences, and I'm not one who enjoys watching lots of bedroom action or grown men stuffing their tongues down the throat of little girls--and, yes, I know Chelsea is at least 21, but she looks very young, and Daniel looks too much like Bo (and Bo's age) for me to be comfortable with this pairing.

I understand some people are enjoying the show right now, and I hope you continue to do so. For me, I'm taking a short hiatus, just two or three weeks, and then maybe I can get back into the show with a fresh perspective and a better state of mind.

Mason

Days4Life
Jun 9 2008, 06:42 PM
My problem is that even though there is movement in some of the stories, I don't care. I have never liked Max and Stephanie (either alone or as a couple), so that story doesn't interest me. I hate the Chelsea/Daniel story, and I think the Kate illness today was lame--and LK wasn't even very convincing. I'm tired of the Salem PD and their bungling of every case that comes their way. Roman has been looking for any excuse to get John away from Marlena so hasn't even tried to do a real investigation; maybe Bo and Hope will actually investigate, but I'm past caring. EJ/Sami/Lucas was old and tired a year ago, and I have no interest in watching Lucas yell and Sami grovel. I hate Chloe, and she's making me tune out the Philip scenes. All of the "green" stuff bored me, I'm tired of flashbacks and dream sequences, and I'm not one who enjoys watching lots of bedroom action or grown men stuffing their tongues down the throat of little girls--and, yes, I know Chelsea is at least 21, but she looks very young, and Daniel looks too much like Bo (and Bo's age) for me to be comfortable with this pairing.

I understand some people are enjoying the show right now, and I hope you continue to do so. For me, I'm taking a short hiatus, just two or three weeks, and then maybe I can get back into the show with a fresh perspective and a better state of mind.
This post sums up my feelings regarding DAYS currently so perfectly!

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I loved today's show!

- Nicole/Ava was great. I love their friendship and LOL at their conversation about John.

- John and Hope were the highlight for me. I loved the sub sex flashback. I didn't realize that this was so unpopular with fans. It was one of my favorite stories when it aired.

- Max is grating on my nerves. Enough of his grumpiness. Get over yourself!! Although I'm a little intrigued by his theories in this professor. I wonder if he'll turn out to be a villain...

- I'm wondering what in the world could be wrong with Kate. Very interesting!!

For the life of me, I can't see why other people aren't enjoying the show. Alas, I guess they can never please everyone so I'm just going to love it alone if I have to.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Other than the humorous and adorable Jawn and Hope banter and the SIZZLING HOT subsex flashback (sorry J&M fans but I enjoyed MercerJohn and Gina), the show is a total bore.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

psychofan
Jun 9 2008, 07:13 PM
I loved today's show!

- Nicole/Ava was great. I love their friendship and LOL at their conversation about John.

- John and Hope were the highlight for me. I loved the sub sex flashback. I didn't realize that this was so unpopular with fans. It was one of my favorite stories when it aired.

- Max is grating on my nerves. Enough of his grumpiness. Get over yourself!! Although I'm a little intrigued by his theories in this professor. I wonder if he'll turn out to be a villain...

- I'm wondering what in the world could be wrong with Kate. Very interesting!!

For the life of me, I can't see why other people aren't enjoying the show. Alas, I guess they can never please everyone so I'm just going to love it alone if I have to.
Max is annoying me, too.

The writers need to change either the grumpy mood he is in, or progress his story further. Its depressing to see him acting the same way and saying the same things again and again.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I really enjoyed today's show, except for the Max crap.

Ava/Nicole: Loving their friendship, but knowing Braun is leaving the show makes the scenes feel somewhat pointless. However, their talk about Jawn was funny.

Hope/Jawn: Huge Jope fan, so any flashback to Subsex makes me a happy fan. I hate to say this but KA makeup was awful and made her look rough as hell. Drake is so good as Jawn and hope he stays this way for a long time.

Kate's stomach pains came out of nowhere, but seeing LK on screen has me overlook that huge fact. Doubt anything wwill really come of it either.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Jope are just hot. Drake and Kristian have such sexy chemistry. However, the characters of John and Hope should never be together if they're truly in character. They just wouldn't look at each other in a romantic way like that. So the only way to allow this matching would be to have them be different characters which is why Jope worked for so many. Subsex was HOOOOTTTT

Mason

I would never in a million years want John and Hope to be together romantically, but DH and KA have awesome chemistry. Although I know many hated it, I didn't have a problem with the sub sex, because that wasn't John and Hope; it was Mercenary John and Gina. I haven't seen Monday's show yet, but I hope that Hope is more empathetic towards John than she has been, because she's been in exactly the same position herself when Stefano programmed her to believe she was Gina.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I agree completely with Jane.

The past week or so the episodes have been much better. May felt like setup city but now the stories have direction and are beginning to get moving.

Let me just say I love the editing for the show today. It started off heavy on Nicole/EJ/Ava with Stephanie/Max/Nick mixed in and a bit of Chelsea/Victor and then around the 3rd act Kate/Daniel and Hope/Bo/John got tossed in. I like that because things have a flow and it makes people want to watch the whole show. I hope they continue to do this, just like I wish they would do what they did Friday and have the second segment air right after the opening. Really gives the show a better flow IMO.

My favorite scenes today were Nicole/Ava. Tamara and Ari rock together and it is so nice that the show is going back to friendships like this. They both need someone and I liked their discussions and seeing Nicole's softer side. She has come a long way since her return. This episode really progressed the possible Nicole/EJ coupling nicely (flashback of EJ while Nicole is with that guy) as well as the John/Ava stuff (via the flashback while Ava was dancing and Ava and Nicole talking about John). It's a shame Tamara is leaving but enjoyed the scenes nonetheless.

John/Hope was my other favorite. What I like is how things that Days seemed to gloss over or ignore like subsex, Sami stealing Belle, and even Jate (John/Kate had a scene back in March when Bo was sick that alluded to their past) are being mentioned again. It seemed like Days always wanted to stay away from those past stories because they were controversial for fans and so on but Days is is using them now to help story and I applaud that. I was never a huge Jope fan but they do have chemistry and I love mixing things up. That flashback was hot and I love the way Kristian played it uncomfortable from Hope's end and how Drake played it so slimy. It was hysterical. Well-done and nice seeing Bope in action again.

I have no problem with Kate's illness, just like I didn't with Bo's. Illnesses do come out of nowhere in real life and while some buildup can help (they could've had Kate hiding pain in the recent scenes with Roman at Chez Rouge or something), sometimes coming out of nowhere packs a punch and I feel it did today. When Kate came on, despite spoilers I had this immediate reaction to wonder what is wrong. Lauren played it well and Daniel's concern was written all over his face. I totally was into it so the actors in a sense sold it. I feel it worked and I like how Victor was concerned. Also enjoyed Victor/Chelsea and Chelsea/Kate. I also think Chelsea working at the hospital is more about her getting over Daniel then getting him. Chelsea is strong-willed and is stubborn so, in a way, I think she sees this as her way of confronting the Daniel thing head on and getting over it. For her, seeing him alot may do that. I'm sure a part of her is thinking this may pull Daniel to her or maybe help her figure out who the woman in his life is but I really think it's more about her getting a job to kind of make amends for her recent behavior (hence her telling Victor she wants to do some good) and to kind of get past the Daniel thing.

I love Roscoe Born and I'm happy the Max story is finally moving. His attitude is annoying but, as Jane said, at least now you know it's because of Dean Robbins. I also love Nick's persistence in wanting people to enjoy what he enjoys. I've seen people like Nick be the same way. It gives him personality. I was also happy with Darin's performance today as he told Robbins off. You could tell it was about more then physics. I also hope Days does what it did today all summer. If you are going to push this Max thing for the summer, they need to mix it in like today. It wasn't too in your face or dominating and with the vets on it only helped. It's a good way of ensuring more people stay tuned in if they don't like Stax or the Max story.

All in all, a solid Monday episode. Days seems to finally have some direction with stories and is going with them. Hopefully it continues to improve.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 10 2008, 01:21 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply