Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Week Of June 9th
Topic Started: Jun 9 2008, 01:23 PM (4,716 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Yes. That is pissing me off a lot about this story. That all these other people who have brainwashed by Stefano (pretty much everyone in Salem) seem to have so little sympathy for Jawn right now. Even if this incarnation of Jawn is so different and they're suspicious of his DiMera business ventures, I just find it hard to believe Hope would be this cold toward him when they were always such good friends. And especially when it was a year ago he was coming out of a coma and a half-year ago everyone thought he was dead? It's just ridiculous that Jawn, as weird as he is, would be THIS ostracized IMO. And as ridiculous as it is for Marlena to trust Phillip over Jawn, it's just as much or moreso for Bope to be that way given all the things that Phillip did to Shawn in his pursuit of Belle and Claire and given Bo's own mistrust of Victor.

And come to think of it... I know Victor was pissed at what Phillip did while he was gone, but did the show make any sort of connection between Victor's concern for Brady and his concern at what Phillip was doing to Brady's dad? I missed a lot last week.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jun 10 2008, 12:59 AM
I would never in a million years want John and Hope to be together romantically, but DH and KA have awesome chemistry. Although I know many hated it, I didn't have a problem with the sub sex, because that wasn't John and Hope; it was Mercenary John and Gina. I haven't seen Monday's show yet, but I hope that Hope is more empathetic towards John than she has been, because she's been in exactly the same position herself when Stefano programmed her to believe she was Gina.
I think Hope has been fine to John. She was today.

In the scene today, she seems put off by how he seems to get off on the idea of them having sex but there is this moment where John asks if she likes the new him and Hope says she is getting used to him. John just closes his eyes and sort of smiles, clearly taking that as a motion of acceptance. It seems he just wants people to accept him for who he is now and not what he was.

The other thing is that Hope explained to him they were manipulated and John made some jokes about that. John promised he would never bring the issue up again since Hope was clearly uncomfortable and Hope said ok. John was surprised she believed him and she explained how the new John is very much what you see is what you get so she knows he meant it.

They were very good scenes. I think Hope has treated John fine. It's Bo I have the problem with. Knowing Victor's history, he should be a little less judgmental with John and more open to the possibility that John is right. I see that Hope is, especially last week when she warned him he would need proof. I think she just wants to help him.

I would never want Hope and John either. The chemistry is there and it worked for the Gina story only but they can't go back there nor do I think they ever will. There would be a riot LOL.

Mason
Member Avatar

^ Yup. It's just what I've been saying about the writing for the show right now; the characters are being molded to fit the plot, and not the other way around, as it should be.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I thought the show was pretty good today...Nicole and Ava reminded me of when Days used to do friendship scenes in the 90's with Billie, Kristen and Jennifer...I do miss those...It was funny seeing them drinking and bonding over their boredom and loneliness..I also liked Nicole's line about there being no where to go out on a Monday night in Salem, too funny..And i'm totally on board with a John and Ava flirtation, for the time being..

John and Hope's scenes were good, and i liked that they discussed the sub sex as it is apart of their history...Even though John was a little pervy, i found it amusing as he was making Hope feel so uncomfortable...

Kate's illness is intriguing and i'm looking forward to LK getting some screen time in the next few weeks..But i don't really care for Chelsea working at the hospital..As i have a feeling, its just so Chelsea and Daniel can keep running into each other..Also what the hell was the point of that stupid Chelsea and Daniel fantasy...I'm getting sick of those fake-out fantasies..They are so JER..

And finally, i'm really starting to like this Max storyline now that Roscoe Born has been added to the mix..But it seemed today that Dean Robbins had no idea who Max was...Thats interesting..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Jun 10 2008, 01:16 AM
Yes. That is pissing me off a lot about this story. That all these other people who have brainwashed by Stefano (pretty much everyone in Salem) seem to have so little sympathy for Jawn right now. Even if this incarnation of Jawn is so different and they're suspicious of his DiMera business ventures, I just find it hard to believe Hope would be this cold toward him when they were always such good friends. And especially when it was a year ago he was coming out of a coma and a half-year ago everyone thought he was dead? It's just ridiculous that Jawn, as weird as he is, would be THIS ostracized IMO. And as ridiculous as it is for Marlena to trust Phillip over Jawn, it's just as much or moreso for Bope to be that way given all the things that Phillip did to Shawn in his pursuit of Belle and Claire and given Bo's own mistrust of Victor.

And come to think of it... I know Victor was pissed at what Phillip did while he was gone, but did the show make any sort of connection between Victor's concern for Brady and his concern at what Phillip was doing to Brady's dad? I missed a lot last week.
For Victor, I think he is justifying things because this isn't John. I think that is the difference for alot of people. I think they all were trying early on, especially when he saved their lives during the plane crash but, since then, they see him becoming Dimera-like. They see him involved with shady people and pushing loved ones away like Marlena, which pisses people off around him too. Then this drug thing happens and the thing is they have no idea what he is capable of. They know he was programmed to kill and that concerns them. This isn't like previous brainwashing. There is no telling what he could do and that is very much in keeping with the beginning of the Pawn story in 1986 and I think that is the aspect of this story that justifies the reactions of the people around him. This is the ultimate Pawn, afterall. This is Stefano's prized soldier and that is the scariest part of all this.

Victor always loved John for what he did for Isabella but this John is a loose cannon who initiated this battle for the docks and I think Victor sees that as a betrayal. John is playing dirty so they play dirty. It's classic Victor.

I actually think Hope has been fine to him. I think she's been better then most have been. Sami has also been good to him too.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I really liked today's show. The Hope/John stuff was funny! I am still loving this new John. I really liked Nicole and Ava too. I am glad that the Max story seems to be moving forward finally. I know a lot of people don't like Max, but I do; just not the Stax pairing. I though LK's acting at the end of the show was a bit much; she went overboard with the moaning. It was weird seeing Chelsea and EJ in a scene together even though it was really brief. Overall the show kept me interested.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Max is an IDIOT. Whether or not that dean is corrupt, Max, this greasy bartender, CANNOT verbally assault him in a public place. This guy has the power to make all the colleges on the planet blacklist his belligerent Brady behind. Max may be book smart, but he sure lacks common sense. That dean holds the future in the palm of his hand.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

If I were Chelsea I'd watch out. We know Daniel's a weak buffoon when it comes to his female patients. Now that Kate's under his care, he may just fall in love with her next!

Bye, bye, Chelsea!
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Jun 10 2008, 01:58 AM
I really liked today's show. The Hope/John stuff was funny! I am still loving this new John. I really liked Nicole and Ava too. I am glad that the Max story seems to be moving forward finally. I know a lot of people don't like Max, but I do; just not the Stax pairing. I though LK's acting at the end of the show was a bit much; she went overboard with the moaning. It was weird seeing Chelsea and EJ in a scene together even though it was really brief. Overall the show kept me interested.
LK always goes over the top with scenes where Kate is in pain or screaming. Sometimes it works (and is quite memorable like the fire in 2001 and Roman's "death" in 2004) and sometimes it's too much.

I'm with you on Max. Like him but hate Stax, which is probably why I'm one of the few into this story.

I liked the Chelsea/EJ scene. I like character interactions like that. Very realistic. James Scott had an easy day though. He only had like a 2 minute scene at the beginning of the episode LOL.

King
Member Avatar

DAYS isn't really that bad right now. It's just VERY different. And they're featuring characters that the majority of fans don't care about, which isn't smart. But the storylines really aren't bad.

I have never enjoyed EJAMICUS this much. The last two months of them have been great.

Nicole continues to be the best character on daytime right now! LOVE!

King
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 10 2008, 01:22 AM
^ Yup. It's just what I've been saying about the writing for the show right now; the characters are being molded to fit the plot, and not the other way around, as it should be.
That's how DAYS has been since JER round 1 fifteen years ago. :laugh:

King
Member Avatar

But the thing I hate most about DAYS right now are the flashbacks. There are way too many. God. It's almost as bad as JER round 2.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

A big problem I have with Kate's illness is that it was the freaking cliffhanger in yesterday's show, and today, Kate's not even on the show. Higley was known for shit like this back in 2003. She's end the show with a cliffhanger and the very next episode, when you would think we'd get some kind of follow-up, we get nothing. Stupid.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

You know as I watched today's show it sort of occurred to me... Sami just really really sucks right now. All she does is grovel to Lucas and beg him to take her back or be a huge judgmental bitch toward somebody else, in the case of today's show toward Chloe. I've never cared much about Chloe at all but Sami's big stink over her relationship with Brady, who I don't even remember Sami ever liking, just made me really dislike Sami a lot. And why Chloe would even encourage her to get back together with Lucas and find happiness with him after Sami was such a huge bitch to her, I really don't understand. That scene was just off.

The Max drama was pretty bland as always but I like the Trent Robbins guy. Given what a tedious asshole Max is these days the fact that Trent did or is going to do something awful to Max in a weird way makes me like him more.

King
Member Avatar

I'm actually liking Sami more than usual because I never bought that she was just over Lucas so suddenly. I'm really glad she's catering to him now. Haha.

Today's was pretty blahhhh. Although John had some funny moments.

I absolutely love that Nadia/Chloe is being injected into Ejamicusole or whatever we are calling it these days. :)

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm not a fan of Chloe by any means anymore, but Sami's treatment of her doesn't really make much sense. First of all, Sami and Brady never got along, so why would she get so upset at Chloe for this, especially when it's not even really clear (STILL) what exactly Chloe did? And it's not like there's some longstanding rivalry between Sami and Chloe, either. Hell, I don't even remember them sharing any scenes until last fall when Chloe returned. So I guess Higley's trying to create a rivalry between Sami and Chloe over Lucas, maybe? And then there's the whole E.J./Nicole angle, so all together we've got something that looks like this:

Nicole/E.J./Sami/Lucas/Chloe/Philip/Morgan

It's a mess!

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Jun 10 2008, 12:05 PM
A big problem I have with Kate's illness is that it was the freaking cliffhanger in yesterday's show, and today, Kate's not even on the show. Higley was known for shit like this back in 2003. She's end the show with a cliffhanger and the very next episode, when you would think we'd get some kind of follow-up, we get nothing. Stupid.
You sure that was Higley, too? Because Cwikly and Brash pissed a LOT of people off with that device. People loved their writing, for the most part, but really hated that cliffhanger/no story the next day rhythm they had going.
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I want them to take Morgan to the next level. She really could be an amazing bitch.

Mason
Member Avatar

When she first came on, I would have liked to have seen Morgan as a bitch-type character, but now that we've seen more of her, I think she would make a very rootable heroine.

King
Member Avatar

Yeah, she would. She's a great character.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply