Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Week Of June 9th
Topic Started: Jun 9 2008, 01:23 PM (4,657 Views)
Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Totally fast forwarded through Max and Nick. Don't know why...just not in the mood.

I can't stand the Max stuff. Even in fast forward. And it sucks because I love Nick. I hope they are bringing on a new love interest for him. I'd like to see Chelsea jealous.

I can't stand the Lumi stuff either. It is the same conversation ad nauseum. Jawn and Ava are mildly amusing, but not enough to make me want to watch.

They need to move this shipping storyline along. I can't believe how little I'm caring about it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Jun 12 2008, 03:03 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jun 12 2008, 01:33 AM
Has anyone noticed that EJ and Lucas seem to be having more scenes away from Sami now? I find them both so much better away from her. I can't believe I'm about to say this but I'm at the point where I wouldn't even mind Sami leaving the show. I love Ali and I know it will never happen but still. I don't want her running around just being a bitch for the hell of it. I don't want her to regress but I don't want her to be a whiner either. She's bringing other characters down. She's a big mess right now and I don't think anyone knows what to do with her. It's awful.
Pheonix - so friggin weird that you mentioned this.
I thought this for two seconds while watching, then put it out of my mind because it is such Days sacrilige!

When I saw Lucas yesterday, I was so proud he was away from Sami. I am so happy he is doing something else!
EJ and Nicole are interesting, EJ is finally going back to his snide, self confident ways. I am so happy he is not trailing Sami right now.

Then Sami tore a new one into Ava and Chloe, then bitches at her mom, and disrespects John like she owns the place. Not to mention sounding totally ungrateful for the built in babysitters, big mansion, and total care by other people.

Sami is being an awful character...and yes, she is bringing everyone down. I wouldn't mind her taking a rest for awhile. For being one of my fave characters, I just can't stand her anymore. She is doing nothing good for the show and isn't very productive lately...and totally bipolar.
For me right now, Sami could go.
I can't believe I said that either...not like NBC would lose their golden girl...but come on!
Im going to ditto this. I'd like to see her feel the need for a serious retreat and contemplation and run off to a convent.

annalee003
Member Avatar

I love the Phloe kiss today.

I not sure about Jawn and Ava. I can't believe she kissed another married man. It was hot, though.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

There's something different about Kristen Renton's acting now then when she first started appearing on the show, it's like she's thinking to much now or something and seems stiff a lot of the time. I'm beginning to wonder if the stiff thing comes from not wanting to mess up her hair......

Then

Now

Mason

Oh, God, I hope she's not taking acting tips from Nadia Bjorlin!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I hadn't noticed it before you mentioned it, Rhiannon. You are so right! She comes off very robotic now. In fact, even Stephanie is the same way. After watching the first clip and thinking of Steph nowdays, she is very different!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Today's was eh.

John and Ava were fun. Love them. Tamara and Drake work well together and have sizzling chemistry. Liked the scenes with them and Hope too. I like how Ava supported John and got involved and the tension with Hope. The end with Marlena was very soapy and a good ending.

I didn't mind the beginning of the Bo/Philip scenes. Bo never really thinks of Victor as his father and he seems to really distance himself from that side of the family so I don't mind Philip saying stuff like "My dad..." The scenes were good though with him and Bo. Also liked Philip with Morgan and Chloe and the Paul stuff.

Sami and Lucas was same shit, different day. Get Lucas away from her and give Ali a hiatus. Sami is a mess right now and I can't even stand to watch her.

And what was the point of Kayla today? Yeah it was nice that Kayla learned about Max and had a nice scene with him but why the fuck are they making this Max stuff seem more important the baby Joe being on a damn ventilator still? Not a good way to get people on board for this Max story. I did like the Max/Nick scenes on the pier where they saw the fire and Max threatening Robbins was good but the rest was just boring and this story dominating lately is not a good idea AT ALL.

Tomorrow seems like a better show. Also, since someone mentioned Renton's acting, I think she's actually gotten better. She seems to be trying to make Morgan even more mature then she was and I like it. She really holds her own with JKJ. Shelley IMO has regressed a bit but that may have more to do with the writing which has her saying the same shit every day lately.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

There is nothing going on today!! Very little movement.

I do like seeing Marlena leave the mansion. After that, I was surpised Ava cut the night short on her date, and refused John's offer to go into the hot tub.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm watching live now and it looks like Chelsea got into Kate's box of blonde snap in hair extensions......

My Mom asked why Marlena would even want Jawn, which I thought was a good question and had no answer for...... :laugh:

This Max "genius" stuff is so blah, and I'm wondering if the new "it" word will now be "genius" instead of "green"......

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

This is so boring. About the only thing that got my attention today was when Kate screamed in pain at the hospital and I looked up from the computer because it sounded like an orgasm.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Honestly its gotten to the point where I only watch the last 5 minutes, if that, of the show, in hopes some semblance of an interesting cliffhanger happens, but that doesn'T seem to be happening anytime in the near or far future.
Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

IMissAremid
Jun 13 2008, 01:40 PM
This is so boring. About the only thing that got my attention today was when Kate screamed in pain at the hospital and I looked up from the computer because it sounded like an orgasm.

LOL!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Amello
Jun 13 2008, 01:46 PM
Honestly its gotten to the point where I only watch the last 5 minutes, if that, of the show, in hopes some semblance of an interesting cliffhanger happens, but that doesn'T seem to be happening anytime in the near or far future.
well actually the last five minutes were about the most entertaining as I loved the Ava-Nicole gossipfest at the end of the episode and though not intentionally funny, I thought EJ walking up to Victor with the divorce settlement and Victor basically being like fuck off and then EJ walking away without saying anything wound up coming off totally hilarious. Damn I love John Aniston.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jun 13 2008, 02:18 PM
Amello
Jun 13 2008, 01:46 PM
well actually the last five minutes were about the most entertaining as I loved the Ava-Nicole gossipfest at the end of the episode and though not intentionally funny, I thought EJ walking up to Victor with the divorce settlement and Victor basically being like fuck off and then EJ walking away without saying anything wound up coming off totally hilarious. Damn I love John Aniston.
John Aniston can put anybody in their place! Am looking forward to this part at least. Ava & Nicole are fun too. I didn't think I would like Ava because I am such a Steve and Kayla fan, but have grown to. She is a good actress.
Edited by ArizonaDaze, Jun 13 2008, 03:32 PM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I really enjoyed Thursday's eppy(easily best of the week for me), but then Friday came and the episode sucked for the most part. If Nicole or Victor weren't in this episode I would have FF the whole damn show.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Friday's show was not necessarily a bad one, but no where near as exciting as OLTL's episode...The show featured 18 characters: Kate, Chelsea, Daniel, Lexie, Victor, Phillip, EJ, Nicole, Sami, Lucas, Chloe, Ava, John, Marlena, Kayla, Caroline, Stephanie and Max but still managed to drag at points..I don't get that..With that many characters involved the show should have breezed by..But i guess thats Dena Higley for you...I love that we are seeing so many different characters and interactions, but i want excitement back on the show..I want to have something to look forward...

Thank god for Ava and Nicole as they were the highlights for me..Loved Ava's line about not being able to figure out who really lived at the mansion..Also their 1 glass toast was cute..As was Nicole and EJ's pinky swear...

Kate's illness is turning out to be lame, when done i'm sure it will have served no purpose other than to allow Daniel to do another good thing for someone in Chelsea's family...but i was glad that Phillip finally got a scene with Kate..

Max and Stephanie were boring as usual..But i will say that their love scene was very hot, i liked the music that was playing and the way the scene was filmed..Also its nice to see Darrin Brooks shirtless on occasion..

But a big compliant..NO CLIFFHANGERS, meaning no real reason to have to tune in on monday..We need those to return to the show..

jcar03
Member Avatar

Had there been a cliffhanger they would of just forgot to wrap it up on Monday anyway. Like the other day Roman shows up to talk to Lucas and at the end Lucas comes out of the living room and the next day....nothing....Roman went home no questioning why Lucas was in the Living Room when Sami said he was upstairs.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Okay so for some reason (that I still haven't figured out) I watched Fridays show. I have just one question. WTF was up with the skunk streak in Chelsea's hair? Didn't grandma Kate tell her those went out of style?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, I'm not going to compare any soap, let alone Days, to OLTL. It's in a different league right now. I think that is known. Soaps are always in different places and have different things going on. OLTL is in the zone. Days and other soaps aren't. If they were all amazing, then that wold be different but they aren't so I think it's a given OLTL is clearly better on a daily basis for the time being. I judge every show individually based on this thinking so...

Ok...Friday was another eh episode.

Loved John/Marlena/Ava and Marlena leaving. Nicole was good, as was Victor. Like others, I liked having so many characters on. Nice seeing Lexie and enjoyed Kayla/Caroline too and her telling Caroline about Max. I like that the Max story at least has direction, along with the John/Philip story. I also liked Philip learning about his mom and everyone at the hospital. I like the Kate illness story right now but if it has no impact on Kate personally, then that will ruin it for me. We'll see.

Chelsea/Daniel I was indifferent on and Stax was just a waste. I don't mind the Max story but...ugh. Not even worth talking about today.

Days really needs to get the cliffhangers going and amping up the excitement. Things are improving slightly and things seem to pick up even more next week. Hopefully, we see more excitement.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 14 2008, 02:17 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jcar03
Jun 13 2008, 10:50 PM
Had there been a cliffhanger they would of just forgot to wrap it up on Monday anyway. Like the other day Roman shows up to talk to Lucas and at the end Lucas comes out of the living room and the next day....nothing....Roman went home no questioning why Lucas was in the Living Room when Sami said he was upstairs.
I hated that. Stupid and it's been happening alot. If they are going to do that, at least acknowledge he left or whatever.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply