Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Week Of June 9th
Topic Started: Jun 9 2008, 01:23 PM (4,768 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

Sariah
Jun 12 2008, 04:47 PM
I don't think the Chloe rape thing is quite in the same league as Philip being responsible for Paul's death. Because 1) Chloe didn't really claim rape, Nancy pushed her until she did (because Nancy was so sure she had been raped) and 2) no rape occurred. With next week's spoilers it seems to indicate that Philip sends goons to keep Paul quiet, and said goons push an unconscious Paul into the river.

And I am a Phloe fan, but I'm also a huge JKJ fan. Jay has chemistry with just about every he runs across. I hated Belle, but I could watch Phelle scenes because they had chemistry. I'm sort of surprised by the Morgan thing because I always thought Jay could have chemistry with a potted plant. Kristen Renton is proving that theory wrong.

Nancy: He raped you didn't he, didn't he?
Chloe: YES!

That's enough for me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Sindacco
Jun 17 2008, 05:05 AM
DrewHamilton
Jun 12 2008, 02:39 PM
This may be just more nitpicking from me, but I have to point out something really rubbed me the wrong way during today's show. In the scene where Bo arrived at the Kiriakis mansion, Philip opened the door and told Bo, "My father's not here." And then the two went about the entire scene like they're not related, like they're not brothers, like they don't have the same father. The script writer today really screwed that scene up, and that pisses me off that neither Jay or Peter corrected the line.
They called each other bro several times during those scenes.
I find that those two are normally like that. Moreover, Bo was on the job at the time, and as a police officer he has to be more skeptical. He is highly suspicious of Phillip still, so I think that could contribute to the way Bo is around him.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Back when Philip was a teen, he called Hope "Mrs. Brady" at one point, which I thought was so weird. Even if they aren't close, they are his brother and sister-in-law.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Nancy: He raped you didn't he, didn't he?
Chloe: YES!

As I said in my post, Nancy pushed her into it until Chloe finally agreed that she had been raped. They made it pretty clear afterwards that she had been in shock, not knowing where she was or what was going on. So, I don't blame her for that. I blame Nancy who wouldn't accept any other explanation (because of her own background as a young woman).

Still not the same thing as Philip forcing Paul to leave town and sending his goons to keep Paul quiet. Morgan's kissing Philip on a day he threatened her father. Paul's worried John might try to kill him, and asks Philip to help him (since this is all Philip's fault anyways) and Philip tells him no. Paul literally begs him, but Philip still throws him to the wolves. I can't see how a character who's main motivation and purpose centers entirely around her father will be okay with what Philip's done.

Philip's willing to help just about anybody else - he believed Chloe when no one else did, he's willing to help Nicole (despite the things she's done to his family), he even worried about that scumbag Brady. But Paul asks for his help and Philip refuses? To me the show is setting up Philip and Morgan for a big failure that I don't think they'll be able to overcome.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply