Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of June 16
Topic Started: Jun 16 2008, 01:44 AM (5,779 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Loved the Nicole and Phillip scenes..I'm really intrigued by the Trent and Nicole connection..Looks like we might actually get something interesting, as opposed to the nothingness that we got from Kate and Martino's past..

Also i'm liking this Max storyline, but just wish they wouldn't have it on everyday..Thats when things start getting repeative..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I'm super annoyed with Stephanie! All of her concerns about where he is, why he's missing, regarding him keeping secrets from her, being in a grumpy mood etc. Its evident she loves him and is worried for his sake, but its getting so old. She needs to let him keep being an ass, take Steve's advice, and give him space.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I really enjoyed today.

The Max story was even decent today. Enjoyed Stephanie and Nick together (and the scenes at the end they had with Bo and Hope). The scenes at the hotel had some tension to them. Roscoe is starting to really come alive. This Trent/Nicole thing is creepy and interesting and Nicole asking Philip for protection gave me chills. I'm really excited for where this could go. Glad seeing Bo confront Philip too about the fire and drugs. I like seeing Bo and Hope working but I wish they had more. Their scenes with John were good too.

Also nice seeing the Joe story get some focus and I enjoyed Stephanie kind of bringing up the Ava story. I wish Dena would've taken that chance to go into the Steve/Ava stuff but I digress. Glad they mentioned Steve not being there for Stephanie growing up either. Love little things like that. It's nice to see more Steve and Kayla.

Enjoyed the brief Philip/Chloe interaction and the little Nicole/Chloe tidbit.

John/Ava was my favorite. Tamara seemed to be channeling Carly Corinthros today. Loved seeing Angelo again and the way he and Eddie handled Paul. Linden Ashby is great and handled all this great. Glad this is building to some good stuff finally. Good tension and action here. I also was really happy when Ava mentioned combining forces with John. That is an intriguing thought. Major potential there. I still hope Tamara stays. She's really been one of the bright spots of late and is so fun to watch.

Solid episode today. This week has been pretty interesting so far.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ok, more RB in Max's scenes and I can stand them. I just love him. He is really taking a part which could be so one note and making it into something fantastic. Same for Linden Ashby (is that right?) as Paul. That part is even less dimensional and I love how desperate he is.

Really upset at how fast the phorgan kiss was. I can deal with the crying and the melodramatic lines but I wanted to see a long drawn out kiss. How come the cameraman seem to go on break when Chan are making out and when I see a couple I want to kiss they cut away far too quickly?

Hee good for John walking away from Marlena. Not sure if anyone noticed but his line "I'm moving on, do the same" is recycled dialogue from the Chick conversation last week. Oh, Days, we knew you were into being green but this is ridiculous!

Isn't it funny (or sad) I can watch BD and JS in scenes together without Sami? Maybe because having AS around has BD relying too much on his shouting. He does so much better when he is calmer and trying to sound logical.

Loved the Nicole/Ava talk again. I'm very intrigued about her past with Trent but scared Days is going to disappoint me.

Sariah
Member Avatar

The Phorgan kiss was just bad. They're setting it up like they're both using each other. Morgan didn't kiss him because she wanted him or was attracted to him. It was because she wants her precious daddy to be kept safe. Which Philip has already refused to do despite Paul literally begging him to. Paul's death will be on Philip's head. He could have protected Paul, but he didn't. Plus, Philip is the reason Paul's in danger in the first place. This is game over for Phorgan before they ever even get started.

I was loving EJ and Nicole today. I'm excited to watch them on tomorrow's show.

I also enjoyed Ava and Nicole today. It's too bad TB is leaving in August, because I'm sort of liking Ava as this mob princess that takes care of her friends and takes out her enemies.

But I still can't watch Max. I don't care who he's having a scene with, I just can't watch it.

jane1978

I know people here doesn´t like Dena (and I agree the show really dragged from the moment Lucas returned till last week), but one thing she is doing right is the character interaction. She is not afraid to mix up and she is finding so many interesting and working combinations. The friendship between Ava and Nicol was exactly what both characters needed. I´m at the point I would really like Nicol and EJ together and even Lucas/Chloe aren´t so awkward how I thought. John/Ava, again, what an interesting combination and powerfull couple. For a little while it looked like Ava´s Vitalli roots will be completely forgotten, but yesterday she was almost like a godfather´s daughter when she just stood there with John and enjoyed Paul´s rough interogation. Much better than when she was sneaking into Kayla´s room and tried to appologize.

Anyway, I really like this week and the stories but you can see the breakthrough writers are gone, because it almost seem like there is one neverending script for an entire week or even longer just edited between shows. Characters appear and disappear in the middle of an episode, some cliffhangers are completely off and episodes end at really weird places. Unfortunatelly, DAYS writers credit is now like cheapest of cheap list and it shows.
Edited by jane1978, Jun 18 2008, 03:09 PM.

jane1978

Sariah
Jun 18 2008, 03:02 PM
The Phorgan kiss was just bad. They're setting it up like they're both using each other. Morgan didn't kiss him because she wanted him or was attracted to him. It was because she wants her precious daddy to be kept safe. Which Philip has already refused to do despite Paul literally begging him to. Paul's death will be on Philip's head. He could have protected Paul, but he didn't. Plus, Philip is the reason Paul's in danger in the first place. This is game over for Phorgan before they ever even get started.
IMO, this is exactly the reason why Phorgan have a future. This will be huge when it blows into Phillip´s face and that´s exactly what the show likes. I´m pretty sure atleast for summer it wil be Phorgan/Chlocas. That´s even what the new promo pictures show.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jun 18 2008, 02:07 PM
Isn't it funny (or sad) I can watch BD and JS in scenes together without Sami? Maybe because having AS around has BD relying too much on his shouting. He does so much better when he is calmer and trying to sound logical.

Me too, Tripp! I noticed today when Lucas and EJ were chatting that I stopped what I was doing and got all into it. I can really handle Lucas when he isn't yelling or acting like a fool. Almost liked he stepped up to EJ's level now that he isn't smothered by Sami and her hysterics.

Loved Nicole and Ava! Loved the friendship and just love Tamara's bad assness!

I was thinking with the whole Trent/Max thing and Trent/Nicole thing...if the Stax travelling to Paris wasn't happening, I would love to Max and Nicole to bond over the Trent. Stax needs to go and I hate Max with her, and I hate Stephanie when she is with him.

I don't get the whole EJ going for Nicole for comfort thing...
Lucas just told EJ that Sami has feeling for him and Lucas can't get over what Sami has done. So with all of this good news for EJ, he goes off to bang Nicole? Why?

I like John and Ava. Ava fits NuJohn better than Marlena, and I like the way Ava relates/laughs/talks with John, over Marlena's constant disapproval and surprise at what he says.

Overall, I liked todays show. :P

Mason
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jun 18 2008, 03:08 PM
Lucas just told EJ that Sami has feeling for him and Lucas can't get over what Sami has done. So with all of this good news for EJ, he goes off to bang Nicole? Why?
I do. Unlike Sami, Nicole accepts and appreciates E.J. for who he really is - not a fantasy that she wants him to live up to. She's the one person E.J. can talk to who he knows won't judge him.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Oh, and forgot Phorgan!
This is stuff good soap couples have. Morgan needs comfort and for some reason trusts Phillip even though she was attacking him last week and her daddy has been warning her to stay away.
So she kisses him, and he can't say no...boy, Phillip has been getting some all over the place lately.

I think maybe Phillip will pay Paul to go away and fake his death for his safety. It will look like he died. Morgan will turn to Phillip for comfort again, and soon realize that Phillip was responsible for his death just as Phillip falls in love with her. Morgan does the whole "I will never forgive you for this" line. He tries to get her back and it is no use until he fesses up that Paul isn't dead but faked his death. Big romance ensues!

jane1978

Alligato
I like John and Ava. Ava fits NuJohn better than Marlena, and I like the way Ava relates/laughs/talks with John, over Marlena's constant disapproval and surprise at what he says.
Ok, I will say it. Fire Deidre, give Tamara her salary and keep her. She is so much better with John and she has so much more potential than goody saint Marlena. She and John could really rock Salem off.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 18 2008, 03:10 PM
Alligato
I do. Unlike Sami, Nicole accepts and appreciates E.J. for who he really is - not a fantasy that she wants him to live up to. She's the one person E.J. can talk to who he knows won't judge him.
You know, as much as my Ejami friends would kill me for saying this...when Sami isn't around, EJ and Nicole are pretty awesome together. If they do go back to Lumi, Nicole and EJ could have a pretty wild romance!
Sami has been written for shit lately, and EJ and Nicole have a chemistry that is different. If Nicole is going to stick around, seems she could have her own big coupleness thrown in there.

Although the more I think about it, Nicole and Max would be totally interesting! Max has been so dominating that I think Nicole could handle it!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

*ahem* Nicole and nick. seriously it could work. *Not letting it go!*

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm enjoying the show this week...I'm finally starting to enjoy this Max storyline, now that Trent is showing his true colors and being revealed as Max's father..Also the Nicole and Trent connection is intriguing, its great seeing Nicole freaked out..Finally, i'm loving that Ava is being used again and now a stronger person..Love her friendships with John and Nicole..Today was a nice parallel in female friendships between Hope/Marlena and Nicole/Ava...

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Really good show today..Finally, its nice to be able to say that about Days..Loving this Max and Trent reveal, kudos to both Roscoe and Darrin..also Kristen Renton did a great job with her last scene with Phillip..Loved that kiss, those two have so much potential..

and i'm glad Marlena is back in the fold...but i do like Ava and John for the short term..

marisol40

Oh, and forgot Phorgan!
This is stuff good soap couples have. Morgan needs comfort and for some reason trusts Phillip even though she was attacking him last week and her daddy has been warning her to stay away.
So she kisses him, and he can't say no...boy, Phillip has been getting some all over the place lately.

I think maybe Phillip will pay Paul to go away and fake his death for his safety. It will look like he died. Morgan will turn to Phillip for comfort again, and soon realize that Phillip was responsible for his death just as Phillip falls in love with her. Morgan does the whole "I will never forgive you for this" line. He tries to get her back and it is no use until he fesses up that Paul isn't dead but faked his death. Big romance ensues!

Bingo!! I thought there interaction was excellent. Of the two couple, Phorgan is the one that is very soapy and angsty. Once again it's all perception, because it also looks like Philip is using Chloe big time for sex.

bannme

why is it i find myself hating most of the grande dames of salem aka hope and marlena and love ava and nicole? if hopes nose gets any more up in the air she is going to be the recipient of a plop of bird poo as she walks around..and marlena needs to give up on the swoony lambchop eyes by now..

i know john is about to give ava the boot, but she is much more loyal to him for the short time she has known him than lambchop eyes has been for ages.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 18 2008, 03:10 PM
Alligato
Bingo! :rockon:

cjknick
Member Avatar

Max's story is growing on me - but only because I think there is a tie in with Nicole and that intrigues me.
Nicole and EJ - well lets just say the chemistry has left the building - I saw the almost love scene and man it just wasn't all that. Not seductive or sensual at all. It was like the director told Ari and James to be bad at it.

annalee003
Member Avatar

cjknick
Jun 18 2008, 05:32 PM
Max's story is growing on me - but only because I think there is a tie in with Nicole and that intrigues me.
Nicole and EJ - well lets just say the chemistry has left the building - I saw the almost love scene and man it just wasn't all that. Not seductive or sensual at all. It was like the director told Ari and James to be bad at it.
LOL! That's exactly how I feel about the Phorgan kiss. I saw no chemisty at all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply