Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of June 16
Topic Started: Jun 16 2008, 01:44 AM (5,574 Views)
jane1978

D-Light
Jun 21 2008, 10:00 AM
Mason
Jun 20 2008, 10:08 PM
I don't know why Phloe fans are acting like they're in a cemented relationship. They're "friends with benefits". Translation: they're fuck buddies. That's all that Chloe said she wanted, so she shouldn't be getting all huffy and territorial when she sees Philip making eyes at another girl. And even if Morgan is going after Philip, which I don't see her as doing, anyway, there's really no reason she shouldn't be.
Yesterday, What's her face told Chloe that she should feel threatened by her. To me, that means she is going after Philip. What makes is wrong for her is that she doesn't know him. A couple of weeks ago she was telling him off because of her father, now all of a sudden she knows his heart? Philip told her he asked Chloe for space and the very same day, she walks in on them kissing. When she sucked face with Philip, he tried to stop and tell her it wasn't right. Now, she knows Philip is sleeping with Chloe. She's asking for trouble. One should try to run away from the drama, not knowingly dive right into it.

It doesn't matter. She's no competition for Chloe anyways, and I'm glad Chloe isn't going to put up with Philip's behavior much longer.
I will give you this. I do think Highley purposefully trashed Phloe because she wants Phorgan. She had Phorgan going strong in that casting call script for Paul which never turned true and I think the main reason was Corday who wanted Phloe vs. Nicole instead. So Highley gave him what he wanted and turned Phloe in "fuck buddies" to make sure any chance for a meaningfull romance between them is forever banned and meantime made sure Phillip and Morgan have enough flirting/fighting scenes they will eventually catch the audience.

I had my suspicion when I first read that May preview where Corday didnīt mention Morgan at all while people all around the boards were wondering if and when they will get together. And Iīm pretty sure now when Paul is dead and nothing hinted in that casting call never happened.
Edited by jane1978, Jun 21 2008, 01:06 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^That's interesting, Jane. Never thought of that. Good points.

When Shelle were fired, I figured that was Corday's plan. Salvage his beloved Shelle and reunite his beloved Phloe and maybe get Brady back to go on with the triangle again. Then Nicole comes back and we start to see Nicole scheming to marry Philip. That recently got dropped and now she's all about EJ, which is much better, and Philip is falling for Morgan. Let's not forget Chloe was barely on for a long time from like early March to mid-April. There seemed to be no plan for her so I bet there was a conflict with Higley and Corday and Higley trashed Phloe to get Philip/Morgan together. Then she threw Chloe at Lucas to add something to the Lucas/Sami/EJ mess since Nicole wasn't enough to get it going.

Higley's last blog showed she isn't exactly happy so there is some conflict there and it should be expected with Corday. That is why the show goes through periods like it does where stories lack direction and you can literally feel the show not knowing or actually fearing what to do. The show was like that for most of May and the first two weeks of June. Last week was the first week in over a month where I sensed direction in story and more of a flow.

I still get this feeling Corday and Higley are heading for a falling out and that is usually when Corday parts ways with his writers and never goes back to them again. She isn't really doing what he wants to do it seems and there definitely seems like there is a conflict as things move forward and then go two steps back. That didn't happen during the strike but it is happening now and I have this feeling by summer's end she will be gone. Just a gut instinct.

cjknick
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 21 2008, 01:20 PM

When Shelle were fired, I figured that was Corday's plan. Salvage his beloved Shelle and reunite his beloved Phloe and maybe get Brady back to go on with the triangle again. Then Nicole comes back and we start to see Nicole scheming to marry Philip. That recently got dropped and now she's all about EJ, which is much better, and Philip is falling for Morgan. Let's not forget Chloe was barely on for a long time from like early March to mid-April. There seemed to be no plan for her so I bet there was a conflict with Higley and Corday and Higley trashed Phloe to get Philip/Morgan together. Then she threw Chloe at Lucas to add something to the Lucas/Sami/EJ mess since Nicole wasn't enough to get it going.

Higley's last blog showed she isn't exactly happy so there is some conflict there and it should be expected with Corday. That is why the show goes through periods like it does where stories lack direction and you can literally feel the show not knowing or actually fearing what to do. The show was like that for most of May and the first two weeks of June. Last week was the first week in over a month where I sensed direction in story and more of a flow.

I still get this feeling Corday and Higley are heading for a falling out and that is usually when Corday parts ways with his writers and never goes back to them again. She isn't really doing what he wants to do it seems and there definitely seems like there is a conflict as things move forward and then go two steps back. That didn't happen during the strike but it is happening now and I have this feeling by summer's end she will be gone. Just a gut instinct.
I agree with you there is such a lack of direction on this show that it is confusing at best. The acting and directing almost seem hesitant too. Unsure as to how they should play the scene because there is no clear direction. I think that fact that Ali is off promoting and shooting TBL is feeding a lack of direction too.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

cjknick
Jun 21 2008, 03:02 PM
PhoenixRising05

I agree with you there is such a lack of direction on this show that it is confusing at best. The acting and directing almost seem hesitant too. Unsure as to how they should play the scene because there is no clear direction. I think that fact that Ali is off promoting and shooting TBL is feeding a lack of direction too.
Well, as I said, this past week has seemed to show direction. Things picked up quite a bit but there is still much work to be done.

As for Ali, unless TBL altered the way it shoots, I doubt her recent absence is the main reason why she is offscreen so much. Last year she was shooting TBL and she was on everyday on Days. I tend to think there has been so much backlash with the Lucas/Sami/EJ thin that they just aren't using Sami. We are seeing Lucas and EJ alot on their own and in scenes together but Sami we aren't seeing with them much at all so I'm thinking they are trying to see if Lucas and EJ work better with others and are then going to figure out what to do with Sami. I think the Lucas/Sami/EJ thing is a major reason for the lack of direction. I think they had an idea where they are going but backtracked due to fan response.

As I said, though, this is reminding me of last summer where the show just lacked direction and changed gears far too much until Ed Scott came and defined things. I had the sense Corday and Hogan were fighting over stories and such and I get the same sense now, as Jane alluded to. I think Dena is a goner because it's only a matter of time before Corday and her have a major falling out and that means it's over for her because that is the only way that Corday seemed to get rid of a writer nowadays.

cjknick
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 21 2008, 03:11 PM
cjknick
PhoenixRising05

Well, as I said, this past week has seemed to show direction. Things picked up quite a bit but there is still much work to be done.

As for Ali, unless TBL altered the way it shoots, I doubt her recent absence is the main reason why she is offscreen so much. Last year she was shooting TBL and she was on everyday on Days. I tend to think there has been so much backlash with the Lucas/Sami/EJ thin that they just aren't using Sami. We are seeing Lucas and EJ alot on their own and in scenes together but Sami we aren't seeing with them much at all so I'm thinking they are trying to see if Lucas and EJ work better with others and are then going to figure out what to do with Sami. I think the Lucas/Sami/EJ thing is a major reason for the lack of direction. I think they had an idea where they are going but backtracked due to fan response.

As I said, though, this is reminding me of last summer where the show just lacked direction and changed gears far too much until Ed Scott came and defined things. I had the sense Corday and Hogan were fighting over stories and such and I get the same sense now, as Jane alluded to. I think Dena is a goner because it's only a matter of time before Corday and her have a major falling out and that means it's over for her because that is the only way that Corday seemed to get rid of a writer nowadays.
Ali apparently didn't want to go thru what she went thru last summer trying to keep up with both schedules plus she has been out on this rite aid promotional tour promoting TBL... Dena committed how they were going to have to share Ali this summer! Last Summer she was super busy with both!

Tammy
Member Avatar

I have no problem with product placement, it pays the bills ;) To me it was just random and out of the blue.

Sometimes it pisses me off when it is done on overload. Like on AMC when they were promoting that Campbell's Heart Healthy thing. I mean there were people carrying around Campbell's stuff left and right.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Tammy
Jun 21 2008, 06:05 PM
I have no problem with product placement, it pays the bills ;) To me it was just random and out of the blue.

Sometimes it pisses me off when it is done on overload. Like on AMC when they were promoting that Campbell's Heart Healthy thing. I mean there were people carrying around Campbell's stuff left and right.
Same thing with the Red Ball at OLTL, but I forgot the product. Maybe it was the same one.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

cjknick
Jun 21 2008, 03:14 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jun 21 2008, 03:11 PM
cjknick
PhoenixRising05

Ali apparently didn't want to go thru what she went thru last summer trying to keep up with both schedules plus she has been out on this rite aid promotional tour promoting TBL... Dena committed how they were going to have to share Ali this summer! Last Summer she was super busy with both!
Ah, ok. I didn't hear that but it makes sense. She was worked way too hard last year.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jun 16 2008, 07:28 PM
I really wish they'd give Victor a new love interest. I love seeing John Aniston as much as we have been, but Victor's always a grumpy old bastard. They need to throw a woman at him so that he can ease up a bit. I love his relationship with Chelsea though. Victor is so the type of guy that needs a granddaughter, who he spoils. I love it.

That would make Victor even more soft then he already is. Victor is best when he is in angry mode.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'm just tickled Nicole (AZ) is kicking serious ass. I always liked Nicole, but felt her character wasn't given justice before she unceremoniously humped Roman and left. This is one thing Dena is getting right. So far, or maybe it's cause AZ is throwing her own little touches in it. I'm intrigued by the whole Trent thing now, although, by no stretch of the imagination can I even imagine her as Max's mom. Maybe the sister's mom.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jun 19 2008, 02:03 PM
I do love EJ and Tony scenes. But I am like WTF with Tony coming up with this EJ only wants Sami out of loyalty out of their father. The hell? EJ was way way into Sami before Stefano even returned

Stefano ordered EJ to plant the DiMera seed in a woman long before he came back to Salem

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 19 2008, 02:39 PM
Philip has never been a manslut. He's always been a romantic. He was that way with Chloe the first time in high school, and he was that way with Belle. This is just another instance of Higley altering the character to fit the call of the plot.
I disagree. Since Belle left with Claire Philip has shut down his emotions, he don't want to get hurt again. It's all about business now. He is just using Chloe for sex.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't think Chloe wants to just be friends with benefits with Philip. She wants something more, but she doesn't feel like Philip can give all of himself to her, so to make herself feel better and say that she's not totally falling for Philip only to look like an ass in the end, Chloe is going to pretend she just wants to be fuck buddies.

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jun 22 2008, 04:57 PM
I don't think Chloe wants to just be friends with benefits with Philip. She wants something more, but she doesn't feel like Philip can give all of himself to her, so to make herself feel better and say that she's not totally falling for Philip only to look like an ass in the end, Chloe is going to pretend she just wants to be fuck buddies.
I agree with that, but Philip doesn't know that she feels that way. So, IMO, he really has no obligation to act as if they were in a real relationship.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yeah, but the thing about Friday's was that EVERYONE -- even me, a guy -- knows about Midol; so to suggest that a girl has never heard of it, and is all, 'Oh, this stuff really works?' etc., when again, me, a GUY, knows that's like the holy grail for women, Midol, is BEYOND ridiculous.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Your right but TV reality is different then our reality so what we know is different then what we know. It's kind of like how people in TV shows carry around products that don't really exist in our reality, like the faux names you read on soft drinks in TV shows and so on. Only sponsors of the show get their stuff onscreen.

They did it the way they did it to advertise the product. Morgan didn't know what it was but Chelsea and Stephanie did so they had to play it off like Morgan had never noticed Midol or that she knew what it could do, which is normal in a way. Sometimes people aren't familiar with certain things.

I will say it could've been presented better but whatever pays the bills I guess.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hate to beat a dead horse, Phoenix, but if it were a movie title or something like that, I could understand. But expecting a girl like Morgan not to know what EVERY GIRL on Earth must know, for her health? (Again, "must" know); is pushing it. That'd be like Nick giving a seminar on campus about safer sex and a guy saying, "Trojan?" with an obnoxiously funny face, "What's THAT?!" And then all the guys teasing him and giving him a history lesson on this popular prophylactic.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

but Philip doesn't know that she feels that way.

He knows it now. And he still took her to bed, knowing exactly how she feels.

Quote:

That'd be like Nick giving a seminar on campus about safer sex and a guy saying, "Trojan?" with an obnoxiously funny face, "What's THAT?!" And then all the guys teasing him and giving him a history lesson on this popular prophylactic.

You joke, but I can totally see this happening after that Midol stuff. :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

JERSoapsFan
Jun 22 2008, 10:40 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse, Phoenix, but if it were a movie title or something like that, I could understand. But expecting a girl like Morgan not to know what EVERY GIRL on Earth must know, for her health? (Again, "must" know); is pushing it. That'd be like Nick giving a seminar on campus about safer sex and a guy saying, "Trojan?" with an obnoxiously funny face, "What's THAT?!" And then all the guys teasing him and giving him a history lesson on this popular prophylactic.
I see what your saying, JSF. However, I do think there are girls that don't know and I know there are some that have heard of Midol and seen it but may not be familiar with what exactly it does and what it helps and so on.

I think the whole thing could've been presented better but after how blatant the Green stuff was, I'm not surprised. I just wish they could be a bit more subtle or present things a bit better. They are being far too blatant with things like this.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I think the whole problem is that Morgan is a definite Pamprin girl.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply