Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Emmy Show; question about appearances
Topic Started: Jun 16 2008, 02:37 PM (1,838 Views)
Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Does anyone know if the whole cast of Days will be in attendance,or is it just the nominees and presenters?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I would imagine most, if not all, of the cast will be there.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

ABC released which actors plan on attending the ceremony. Those from DAYS include Blake Berris (Nick), Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe), Roscoe Born (Trent), Tamara Braun (Ava), Darin Brooks (Max) Shawn Christian (Daniel), Bryan Dattilo (Lucas), Judi Evans (ex-Bonnie, ex-Adrienne), Mary Beth Evans (Kayla), Drake Hogestyn (John), Leann Hunley (Anna), Jay K. Johnson (Philip), Lauren Koslow (Kate), Peggy McCay (Caroline), Rachel Melvin (Chelsea), Stephen Nichols (Steve), Thaao Penghlis (Tony), Peter Reckell (Bo), Kristen Renton (Morgan), James Reynolds (Abe), Suzanne Rogers (Maggie), James Scott (EJ), Alison Sweeney (Sami) and Arianne Zucker (Nicole).

Deidre Hall and Kristian Alfonso are the two DAYS stars that stick out as not being part of the attendance list. Does Dee ever go to the Emmys? I don't think so. But if I recall correctly, Kristian is usually there every year. Maybe something came up.

Anyway, I think this is the biggest DAYS turnout in years. Most of the time, the DAYS section only consists of 2 or 3 rows of people. Now, most of the cast is going to be there. This is just awesome.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Holy hell, I think that's the most people in years! Go DAYS!

jcar03
Member Avatar

Deidre was there a few years ago. I think in 2005 was the last time I remember seeing her because Deidre, Susan Lucci and Eric Braeden opened and closed the show the year GH won drama series and they caught them off and went to those three saying good night.

The list may not have all the people who are attending since no one from Y&R was listed on the list and they are up for every damn award so you know most with be there.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

jcar03
Jun 16 2008, 07:24 PM
Deidre was there a few years ago. I think in 2005 was the last time I remember seeing her because Deidre, Susan Lucci and Eric Braeden opened and closed the show the year GH won drama series and they caught them off and went to those three saying good night.
Oh yeah! That's right. I remember that year. That was the telecast where GH won Best Drama and Jill Farren Phelps's speech was cut short, and we cut to a very awkward shot at Deidre, Eric and Susan saying goodnight.

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Jun 16 2008, 07:34 PM
jcar03
Oh yeah! That's right. I remember that year. That was the telecast where GH won Best Drama and Jill Farren Phelps's speech was cut short, and we cut to a very awkward shot at Deidre, Eric and Susan saying goodnight.
Also known as the BEST moment in EMMY history!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

heartsong

DrewHamilton
Jun 16 2008, 07:34 PM
jcar03
Eric Braeden was drunk off his ass too.

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Thanks! Looks like Days will be well represented.I'm going to watch for red carpet interviews on SoapNet

jcar03
Member Avatar

I'm looking forward to the table aspect this year (a la The Golden Globes) and the cameras that are supposed to be at tables that will be shown on soapnet.com. I can see Bryan Dattilo having some hilarous commentary during the ceremony.

Kenny
Member Avatar

For the first time in years, I'm actually looking forward to the Emmy's!

I hope every Days actor wins their category, LoL. I know, they don't all deserve it... especially Darin Brooks... but Days has gone unrecognized for so long, I'd say they're overdue for a few awards, even if they're not all deserved this year.

So happy that the bulk of the Days cast will be there! Maybe Deidre or Kristian will surprise us and turn up, anyway. I immediately noticed that their names were missing from the list posted above.

Aren't Ali Sweeney, Nadia Bjorlin and Ari Zuker presenting together? Can't wait for that, either!

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 16 2008, 10:46 PM
Aren't Ali Sweeney, Nadia Bjorlin and Ari Zuker presenting together? Can't wait for that, either!
Those three are so going to vamp it up when they present.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^They sure will.

I bet Dee still shows up. I think these are only confirmed names so far.

KA's name being missing does surprise me. Usually, if she has to present or if the show is up for anything, she shows, especially with Peter coming. Weird. Perhaps she has something else going.

I think I read LeAnn is coming with Thaoo as his date, which is adorable.

I'm looking forward to this too and while I want the right people to win, Days has been unrecognized for so long that I would be very happy if all 4 nominees won. Then again, I'm just glad they are nominated as it will provide me with so much enjoyment to watch the Emmy's and see significant focus on Days for the first time in forever.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

^ You're right! Alfanso is always there alongside with Reckell.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 16 2008, 10:46 PM
For the first time in years, I'm actually looking forward to the Emmy's!

I hope every Days actor wins their category, LoL. I know, they don't all deserve it... especially Darin Brooks... but Days has gone unrecognized for so long, I'd say they're overdue for a few awards, even if they're not all deserved this year.

So happy that the bulk of the Days cast will be there! Maybe Deidre or Kristian will surprise us and turn up, anyway. I immediately noticed that their names were missing from the list posted above.

From what I heard from people who watched the Younger Actor race they felt Darin submitted the best overall well rounded tapes. That suprised me alot. They felt he showed the best range without being over the top.

I am really pulling for Rachel though. I am trying not to get my hopes up though.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Wow JCar. Good thing the people voted before this MadMax storyline started airing. heh.

jcar03
Member Avatar

^^LOL. These were just people over at goldderby not actual Emmy Voters as well, just to clarify.

Kenny
Member Avatar

It's coming soon! Can you feel the excitement?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Is it wrong that I actually am excited for this? I think it's purely for Rachel Melvin LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'm excited, too! Mainly for Rachel, but I'd love for any of them to win.

I heard that Thaao submitted really strong tapes, and apparently the people at GoldDerby say that Darin Brooks submitted really strong tapes, too. Maybe Days will be the big shocker of the night and unexpectedly win everything they're up for, LoL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply