Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Darin's Big Bash; photo gallery
Topic Started: Jun 17 2008, 06:02 PM (1,466 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Pics:

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/specials/gallery_3311.html

Darin's Big Bash

After his Emmy nomination for Best Younger Actor, Darin Brooks decided to throw himself a party. And we're not just talking about a backyard barbecue here; this was an all-out bash at Los Angeles nightclub Area. It featured a performance by the group Non P and was sponsored by Onovo Clothing and the Tag the World charity. "I was really happy about the way everything turned out," Darin told us. "It was great we could let loose and relax for a little while because we don't really have a whole lot of parties together. And then celebrating my Emmy nomination, and I'm glad Rachel and Thaao could show up and some of the other nominees. I'm really happy."

He's happy, but he doesn't know if he has a future as an event planner. "It was nerve-wracking. I'm never doing it again!" Darin laughed. He is glad, though, that he does have the first one behind him, just in case he does decide to throw another big event. He just wasn't ready for this one to turn into such a big deal, but it took on a life of it's own, as these things can do. "At first it was a small thing that Rob and I put together and were talking about it, then it sort of turned into a bigger thing because we had a performance and we needed to do a sound check and then we had to get the red carpet and it became much bigger," Darin said. And when the party was in full swing? "I kicked back and relaxed. It was so good to just have it over with!"

Besides just having a good time, the event had another purpose: supporting clothing line Onovo and charity Tag the World. "Tag the World is Rob Valletta's company and their slogan is "Tag You're It." They make designer dog tags that support five different charities, 100% non-profit, all the profits go to one of the five charities, the one that you want," Darin told us. They came up with the slogan in a unique way; "I can't tell you how many people come up to me and say 'that's a nice necklace. Where'd you get it?' Then you explain something about the charity, like I'm supporting the Humane Society, this is the name of my dog that I got from there, or whatever it is. So it's like "tag," now you have to go get a dog tag. It's a great little campaign. It's just a trendy, sexy way to wear dog tags and also support your favorite charity."

For more information on sponsor Onovo, click here. And check back later for information on how to get your own dog tags.

And now, Darin has another "little" event to look forward to: the Daytime Emmy Awards. Is he as nervous about this one as he was about his own party? Not exactly. "I'm just kind of excited," Darin told us. "I'm trying not to get my hopes up. So I don't have to stab Tom Pelphrey in the neck! (laughs). No, I'm cool. I'm just going to let it go and let it happen. I'm most excited to have my mom come here and do makeup and hair so she can be all glamorous." We look forward to seeing them both on the red carpet.

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/specials/specials_detail_3311.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jonatha

Angie79
Jun 17 2008, 06:02 PM

Thanks for the posting, Angie. Great pictures. JKJ looking extremely wonderful -- what else is new? :D

Alligato
Member Avatar

Oh gawd! Where can I get me some JKJ? He looks like such a gorgeous boy in the picture!
Nadia always makes me laugh! She always looks the same...whether on the show or out...same smile, same pose....still beautiful though.

Thanks for sharing!

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Thanks for sharing! Awesome pics of the cast

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Thanks for posting!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Whoever did Morgan's makeup, did a great job. Her eyes look phenomenal. Bryan looks hot, too!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Looks like fun. It's so nice seeing Days as a part of all the Emmy hype. It's about time and I'm glad they are doing it all up big.

It's funny how Tamara is at all of these big parties for Days. I know she's made friends and all but it seems she enjoys the cast and all. I wish Days would just do whatever it takes to keep her. If they can cater to Nadia's needs and let her come and go for so long, why not let someone worth it like Tamara get similar treatment? It would really be worth Days' while to keep her.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 18 2008, 12:36 AM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Patrick Muldoon was there!

http://www.fotosa.ru/ru/editoral/reportage.asp?IDG=431734

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, wow! He doesn't usually show up at DAYS-related events.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

That is so random. I wonder if Muldoon came with BD. They are in a few pictures together. A lot of these people there seem kind of random. It looks like Austin Peck might be in one of the pictures as well as the crazy chick who was obsessed with Kevin on Y and R and Antonio from Passions. And I think that's Randy Jackson from AI too? LOL.

King
Member Avatar

That looks like so much fun! Darrin looks plastered.

Tammy
Member Avatar

King
Jun 19 2008, 01:01 AM
Darrin looks plastered.
So does JKJ lmao :drunk:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow!! Muldoon!!

Haven't seem him at anything Days in ages.

Darin does look pretty drunk though :laugh: .

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply