Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: New Promotional Shots -- on location!; Possible spoiler-ish material inside...
Topic Started: Jun 17 2008, 09:53 PM (3,230 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Well, it looks like Days has taken some new promotional shots. They were just posted on NBC/Universal Media Village.

The thing is, I can't tell if these are just generic shots for magazines, or if they're actual shots from scenes we'll be seeing on the show. They look a little too intricate and involved to just be generic shots. I think we'll be seeing this stuff on the actual show...

What's up with all the location shots, though? Days goes from having no budget to allowing location shots for STAX, of all people? Where are Bo and Hope -- did they re-open the Salem Place set? Why are their balloons all around? Maybe it's the 4th of July celebration. Why are Chloe, Morgan, Phillip, Nicole, Lucas and Max sitting around a beach bonfire? What an odd group of characters! Why are Lucas and Chloe KISSING?

Anyway, here are the shots. Sorry they're so tiny! If anyone has the larger versions or knows where they're posted, feel free to share.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Days Insider #3
June 16, 11:06 AM

Hello Everybody!

After reading your comments, I can clearly see that you want more from your favorites at Days of our Lives. Well, you are clearly in for a treat, because I am bringing you not only your favorite stars but also bringing them to you from the beach!

You can imagine my delight when the show invited little ol' me to the very exciting and very big promo shoot down in Santa Monica. I arrived there to not only find the charming Darin Brooks clowning around with Shelley Hennig, but also a shirtless Jay Kenneth Johnson getting prepped and ready for his photos to be taken. All in a "Days" work, I guess. Sigh.

Here's a great picture of Kristen Renton showing me what's what. Now, I officially know who has the greatest job in this industry, the person assigned to polish Jay's chest!

Here's Darin showing you the wardrobe selection from the photo shoot. A small trailer usually means a small selection for clothes. It's a good thing it was a beach shoot, meaning not a lot of clothes were necessary. I personally was hoping Darin would take the time to change into some Speedos I had picked out for him, but no such luck :(

At end of my day, I went up to the Santa Monica Pier to say a quick hello to longtime favorites Kristian Alfonso and Peter Reckell. After looking at this picture, it's no wonder why these two are such fan favorites. Their chemistry continues to shine after all these years.

The promo shoot was an all-day event and unfortunately, I didn't get to stay long enough to see Ali, Bryan, Nadia, James, and Arianne's arrival. But, I promise you, there are a lot of very fun things coming your way, courtesy of me, your Days Insider!

Make sure to come back and see what happens when I turned Darin, Kristen, and Shelley loose on my video camera!

Click on the link for pics:

http://blog.nbc.com/days_production/2008/06/days_insider_3.php

Mason

I honestly don't even know what to say.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Mason
Jun 17 2008, 10:01 PM
I'll say something....... :P

I wish they would let JKJ grow some chest hair or something because from the neck down he looks like a 16 yr old boy. When they have him in shirtless scenes it's weird to look at his face and then to see the rest of him......

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Mason
Well too much Stax for my tastes but I'd take them over Chan who are thankfully missing.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kenny
Jun 17 2008, 09:53 PM
Well, it looks like Days has taken some new promotional shots. They were just posted on NBC/Universal Media Village.

The thing is, I can't tell if these are just generic shots for magazines, or if they're actual shots from scenes we'll be seeing on the show. They look a little too intricate and involved to just be generic shots. I think we'll be seeing this stuff on the actual show...

What's up with all the location shots, though? Days goes from having no budget to allowing location shots for STAX, of all people? Where are Bo and Hope -- did they re-open the Salem Place set? Why are their balloons all around? Maybe it's the 4th of July celebration. Why are Chloe, Morgan, Phillip, Nicole, Lucas and Max sitting around a beach bonfire? What an odd group of characters! Why are Lucas and Chloe KISSING?

Anyway, here are the shots. Sorry they're so tiny! If anyone has the larger versions or knows where they're posted, feel free to share.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Thanks for posting, Kenny!

I hope these are for the show because when Ed Scott has done location stuff he's done it well I think.

Stax's separate location stuff could be for their on the run story (hasn't that been hinted at from the casting calls, like Max is searching for his sister or something?). The Bope stuff looks like 4th of July and/or a Salem carnival.

As for the beach, I guess I could see Lucas and Phillip double dating as a brothers thing but I agree it is odd that all of these people would do a bonfire together, especially that Nicole would be there as Chloe makes out with Lucas and Phillip cuddles with Morgan.

Mason

After reading the article that Angie posted, I think those are just from a promotional shoot, and we won't be seeing them on the show, unfortunately.
Edited by Mason, Jun 17 2008, 10:16 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Thanks Kenny.

I saw them on ET yesterday. I could have sworn I saw Martha too.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Chloe, Lucas, Nicole, Philip, Morgan, Max and Steph....enjoying a beachside bonfire?.....Sounds like Bizarro Days...especially Chloe & Lucas kissing....1.5 rating...here they come....

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

The STAX stuff is crap.Why are they investing so much in a couple ppl openly hate in large numbers? makes no sense........As for the rest....I think I will like seeing these new couples.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Dragonish1
Jun 17 2008, 10:24 PM
The STAX stuff is crap.Why are they investing so much in a couple ppl openly hate in large numbers? makes no sense........As for the rest....I think I will like seeing these new couples.
Maybe Terry is sending as many letters to the Days brass in support of them as he does create new screennames to post bogus spoilers?

Alligato
Member Avatar

So if Lucas and Chloe are smooching, and Phillip and Morgan are smooching...why is Nicole there? Third wheel? And why would Phillip and Chloe want to double date with each other...aren't they still "benefiting" from each other?

Weird promotional shots!
Looks like fun though! Who doesn't want to do a camp fire on the beach at dusk with a bunch of friends and get paid for it...not to mention make out with some hot people! Sounds nice!

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Guiding Light watch out, you might become second to last in the ratings...DOOL might replace you

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

They would want to double date!! Chloe probably set it up to make Phillip jealous. She was very upset when she saw him with Morgan last week. And, Nicole is most likely there because Phillip is "protecting" her from Trent so he can't leave her around. Just my guesses.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Yep. I could see that. Plus, Nicole and Chloe hate each other so that is another tie to this and see is involved in the Trent story.

These look really great and I do hope somehow some of this ends up onscreen. It would look really good with Ed Scott. I doubt it though since even the Stax adventure is taking place in Europe. It would be nice if they used shots like this in TV promos. It would look great.

Bo and Hope look adorable in there pics and I also love the campfire pics. Chloe and Lucas' kiss does look good there but it's funny how Sami and EJ are left out when Nicole and Lucas are both there. Weird. Philip/Morgan looks great here too. I hate that they had Lucas' last name listed as "Roberts" in these pics and not "Horton" but I guess that blame rests on NBC, I would think.

I also think the fact that Days is doing photo shoots on location is a good sign for the renewal. This stuff wouldn't continue if the show was leaving NBC in less then a year.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 18 2008, 12:49 AM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

It was featured on "The Insider" last night. Details:

http://groups.msn.com/SecondChancesTheLUMIMega-Site/spoiledrotten.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=353809&LastModified=4675677712056826141

jcar03
Member Avatar

As someone else said they looked to involve to JUST be promomotional like Max and Steph running. Thats not promo it is def story.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Yeah. I bet the Stax stuff could be for story but I guess it could also be for a TV promo too since their adventure is in Europe so not sure how this stuff would fit in. I doubt the rest of this is for story but I hope I'm wrong.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 18 2008, 01:07 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Jun 17 2008, 10:07 PM
Mason
I'll say something....... :P

I wish they would let JKJ grow some chest hair or something because from the neck down he looks like a 16 yr old boy. When they have him in shirtless scenes it's weird to look at his face and then to see the rest of him......

I think Jay looks normal, most men on soaps have ugly overtrained bodies.

cjknick
Member Avatar

All righty then ... So Phillip is with Morgan, Lucas is with Chloe, Nicole a third wheel and no EJ and Sami! hmmmmmmmmmm. Well Lucas is at least out of the mansion.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply