Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of June 23
Topic Started: Jun 23 2008, 02:28 AM (3,740 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Days of our Lives
Week of June 23

Posted Image

Classic Clip o' the week: Frankie and Max are adopted by the Bradys.

DISCUSS!

Edited by IMissAremid, Jun 23 2008, 02:29 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

This eppy is pretty boring. Sami telling EJ to move out of the mansion is just dumb. I'm so tired of characters talking AT each other rather than actually having conversations on this show.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Posted Image

:D

Days4Life

The Sami/EJ scenes today were completely pointless. As was most of the episode. However, I loved EJ's line about Rolf having a tango lesson, just because it was so bizarre and out of nowhere and it made me laugh. I also liked Sami's attempt to emotionally blackmail John, who then threatened to kick her out. I'm not a Sami fan at the moment.

The Lucas/Chloe plot reminded me a lot of Lexie/Tek's plan to identify EJ for John's shooting. These things never work out. And I can't believe Lucas is again wandering around Salem....so stupid. I suppose next he'll be lurking around the Brady Pub, hiding behind a plant whenever Bo or Roman walks by. Not that they would actually arrest him. No, let's keep giving the convicted felon chance after chance after chance.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Today was alright.

Enjoyed Lucas/Chloe but anything to do with Sami sucks. EJ and Lucas are so much better away from her. She's just a mess of a character right now, fumbling all over herself. If they are already limiting her screentime for TBL, I say give her two full months off and bring her back in the Fall because I can't stand her right now. She's all over the map.

The Pub scenes were good. Enjoyed Morgan ranting at John and the John/Philip showdown. I loved Philip and Morgan and enjoyed the Bo/Caroline conversation. Wonder what that was about. Hope and Chelsea was nice too. I liked their talk and the Kate/Daniel scenes confirmed for me that they had an affair. The fact that Kate has no idea about Chelsea and Daniel dating and after Morgan warned Chelsea on Friday, it pretty much makes it seem Chelsea is going to end up getting hurt. Kate will find out once Chelsea is in deep with Daniel and will try to warn Chelsea and then Chelsea will learn about the affair and push her grandmother away, blaming her. It makes sense too. When Daniel first arrived, Kate pushed her to go after Daniel and Chelsea didn't right away and there were sparks with Kate and Daniel so they had an affair, which is the real reason why he pushed Chelsea away initially. Eventually, he wanted Chelsea so he dumped Kate and that is why Kate is upset with him and why he all of a sudden changed his mind and asked Chelsea out. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he is still getting it on with Lexie while dating Chelsea since Lexie and Daniel had some interesting scenes. This is just my theory though.

Loved John's sticky bun line and the way he handled Sami at the end. Loved the Rolf tango lesson line too. All in all, not too bad of an episode IMO.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 23 2008, 10:27 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Today was rather boring. I did like the EJami stuff but only cause I prefer their scenes together than Lumi (which I can't believe I admit to). Sami telling EJ to get out was stupid, it's his uncle's house.

I guess I'm in the minority here but I do like Phorgan. I like Morgan and I like her misdirected anger at John because it's going to be very angsty when she finds out who really got Paul into this trouble. I am confused though, did Philip really cause Paul's demise as he has a lot of gaul to ask John what he did with him?

As for Chan...I do not like watching Hope used this way. I feel Higley is backpedaling trying to answer the negative viewer response to the issues with Chan. Before was the treatment of Nick so let's write in a scene of Chelsea getting blown off by him (love that one I must admit). Then we've bitched about the age issue so now let's write in for characters who previously not had problems with how old Daniel is to suddenly have "reservations". Finally now Kate is I guess irritated by the idea of them dating (or when she learns) because we've complained how nobody seemed to mind Chelsea chasing after a man she barely knew. Now that she's confronted some of the problems, I find myself MORE irritated with the story than before, something that can only be attributed to the uniqueness of Dena's writing.

It's really a shame though because the one minute of Kate/Daniel, I find them way more interesting than anything I've seen with Chan.
Edited by Tripp, Jun 23 2008, 03:13 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

If Kate and Daniel did have an affair, it would have been nice to have gotten to see it..As opposed to what we've seen of Daniel and Chelsea..Just would have made the story more interesting..

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Kevc1980
Jun 23 2008, 04:45 PM
If Kate and Daniel did have an affair, it would have been nice to have gotten to see it..As opposed to what we've seen of Daniel and Chelsea..Just would have made the story more interesting..
But it's typical of Dena so far. I too cry fowl not witnessing it. Very cowardly, my guess they were afraid people might really ship "Date" as LK and SC really spark off each other so much better than Chan do.

OTOH, if it would end Chan, I won't 't gripe too much. My issue is I don't think we're going to know what is up with Kate until they really decide if Chan are endgame or not. They are simply hedging their bets and put in a safety net so they can escape quickly if need be. (Which my opinion is, they need be.)

kwarner66

PhoenixRising05
Jun 23 2008, 03:04 PM
I liked their talk and the Kate/Daniel scenes confirmed for me that they had an affair. The fact that Kate has no idea about Chelsea and Daniel dating and after Morgan warned Chelsea on Friday, it pretty much makes it seem Chelsea is going to end up getting hurt. Kate will find out once Chelsea is in deep with Daniel and will try to warn Chelsea and then Chelsea will learn about the affair and push her grandmother away, blaming her. It makes sense too. When Daniel first arrived, Kate pushed her to go after Daniel and Chelsea didn't right away and there were sparks with Kate and Daniel so they had an affair, which is the real reason why he pushed Chelsea away initially. Eventually, he wanted Chelsea so he dumped Kate and that is why Kate is upset with him and why he all of a sudden changed his mind and asked Chelsea out. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he is still getting it on with Lexie while dating Chelsea since Lexie and Daniel had some interesting scenes. This is just my theory though.

I agree with this. I think Kate and Daniel had an affair and now we are getting the after effects of it, because he broke it off and went after Chelsea.

I loved the Phillip and Morgan scenes they were great. I also loved Morgan telling John off.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

If Kate and Daniel did have an affair off air, I think that's actually pretty neat. Its a good suprise for viewers, so I don't mind for a second that it occurred off screen, if that's the case. That would explain why she is reluctant to be anymore near him. I would be disgusted, as well.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jun 23 2008, 05:00 PM
Kevc1980
Jun 23 2008, 04:45 PM
But it's typical of Dena so far. I too cry fowl not witnessing it. Very cowardly, my guess they were afraid people might really ship "Date" as LK and SC really spark off each other so much better than Chan do.

If tptb did make an "Oops!" moment and now want to write in an affair between Kate and Daniel, they could at least give us a flashback eppy explaining how it happened. It'd clear up all the confusion and speculation while still giving us the actual affair on screen instead of writing it in history and expecting everyone to just go with it.

It'll never happen, but that's how they should do it if "Date" did indeed sleep together already. Where the writers plan to go from there, I don't know. They probably don't either.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Tripp I'm with ya. I haven't been posting lately because I've been busy.....
Posted Image

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Jun 24 2008, 10:12 AM
If Kate and Daniel did have an affair off air, I think that's actually pretty neat. Its a good suprise for viewers, so I don't mind for a second that it occurred off screen, if that's the case. That would explain why she is reluctant to be anymore near him. I would be disgusted, as well.
I disagree that these sort of things are a good surprise. First of all, it just gives another reason for viewers to distrust the show because they never know when these sort of surprises, either intended all along or plugged in as rewrites, are going to pop up again so there's less of an incentive to get emotionally invested in the story. For a viewer to get emotionally invested to the extent that a soap story is successful you must have TRUST and it's so hard to trust the show right now when you can't even know exactly what is going on by watching it.

Maybe my reaction is because the DAYS standard that is in my head is set by the JER days when characters would have a secret that the viewers would know about but that the character would try to keep from everyone else (often resulting in sometimes comical monologue voice overs as they thought about their big secret hanging over them) and viewers would tune in day after day in anticipation of when that other shoe would drop. However hokey, that is just something that I liked a lot and that I find makes for a more enjoyable soap experience.

I just don't like being in the dark about stuff like this. It makes it really hard to care about the character's problems when I don't know what they are or why they are acting the way they are and thus it's a lot more difficult to tune in every day because I'm bored because I don't care about these problems I don't know anything about and so by the time the secret is finally revealed it's hard to care that the conclusion has been reached and sometimes I don't even know for sure that the two things are really related. If it wasn't for the Internet I'm not sure if I would have realized that the steve-ej meeting at the pub was about steve subletting ej's apartment, for example. And if it wasn't for the Internet and all of you saying this means that Daniel and Kate had an affair if I was just an isolated viewer at home I would still be scratching my head wondering if that was the case.

There's also the secret of exactly how Trent and Nicole shared a past. I really want to know the answer to this right now, but will I care by the time they reveal it?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Watching today just made me sad. Because at one time, Sami was like my favorite character on this show. Today...I don't know what to think of her except they must have given her lines from Chelsea's script to say. She accuses EJ of being selfish for not moving out of the house. She then is angry that EJ is seeing Nicole when she's made it clear enough times they are not going to get together (as well as asking Nicole to use her influence to get EJ to move out). Part of me doesn't blame Lucas or EJ talking away from her and that is so hard to say. For years I have wanted a triangle with Sami at the center but not like this.

Lost some Philip love with him handing the disk over to Marlena. I had to roll my eyes at Marlena insisting Philip's motives are purely selfcentered. I'm sure Victor has a pot and a kettle somewhere in that huge Kimansion. Let's just show it to her shall we?

Abe and Lexie, I'm trying to care. This story is topical and important and I should be caring but why is it I was so more into RJ's scenes when Daniel was wiping icing off her nose?

I don't mind Lucas asking Chloe to say she saw Paul at the docks. It's an interesting different way to put them in scenes together. Just not sure how Chloe can pull that off and it smacks a bit of Lexie/Tek before they disappeared last year.

Can someone tell me how Max remembers so much of his past and how his dad left his mom?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Pearly_Moon
Jun 24 2008, 01:39 PM
Tripp I'm with ya. I haven't been posting lately because I've been busy.....
Posted Image
Pearly, I love this! The picture, not you having to eat crow, LOL

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Max doesn't remember, Tripp. He found that out. How...I don't know. All I can think of is that he hired a P.I. at some point or found the stuff out on his own. I mean, he did spend alot of time offscreen the past 3 years with little story so I can buy that.

I really enjoyed his scenes with Caroline today. Very emotional. Darin has really stepped up and Peggy was great too. I liked hearing about how his mother died and how his father stood by as he was taken away. It explains why he was mute due to the trauma of that. I know it's rewriting history a bit but I think it works since they are taking their time and it's being well played. Glad to see Caroline on much more and I like her having a role in this story. I like Max so much more without Stephanie and I'm liking this story overall so far.

Lucas/Chloe was a waste. Same old stuff as yesterday but I am enjoying their interaction more and liked their scenes with John.

Sami is just a mess of a character. They really need to rest her. Her scenes with EJ were the low point of the episode for me. I really enjoyed the EJ/Nicole/Ava/John interaction. Nicole and Ava's friendship is great and I like that Nicole told John about the annulment ruse. Nicole and Sami was fun scene too.

I also liked the Marlena/Philip scene and how she is starting to see he is not an innocent in all this. The tension was evident and I like that this disk thing is finally moving.

The Abe/Lexie stuff is off to a wonderful start. JR and RJ played this really well. Both point of views were evident and the writing and performances were solid. That end scene with Marlena was very sad. Really liked this today and hope it continues to be as good as today.

As for the Kate/Daniel thing, I would love for it to have taken place offscreen. I like a little mystery and, while I don't want them to do this alot, it works for this story because they built up Daniel as this God among men who has this tragic background and is this genius. I would love for it to be what I mentioned in my last post. Chelsea gets involved deeply and Kate learns about it, tells her about the affair with Daniel and how he dumped her and Chelsea and her have rift between them. Chelsea thinks Kate is lying just to keep her away from him or something and then maybe have us learn that he had an affair with Lexie too and really go the distance with this. I think this kind of story has potential (especially given his behavior at the gym and the way he was looking at woman) and could lead to some major drama. It would really play well into a hard fall from grace for Daniel and I think it takes the audience for a ride because the show really built him up as Mr. Perfect and usually that does mean trouble but the whole thing with his wife really plays well into convincing the audience he's a great guy. I just think there is potential here but we'll see.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 24 2008, 10:59 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Jun 24 2008, 02:54 PM
^Max doesn't remember, Tripp. He found that out. How...I don't know. All I can think of is that he hired a P.I. at some point or found the stuff out on his own. I mean, he did spend alot of time offscreen the past 3 years with little story so I can buy that.

Oh, I missed that part. Sorry.

Quote:

As for the Kate/Daniel thing, I would love for it to have taken place offscreen. I like a little mystery and, while I don't want them to do this alot, it works for this story because they built up Daniel as this God among men who has this tragic background and is this genius. I would love for it to be what I mentioned in my last post. Chelsea gets involved deeply and Kate learns about it, tells her about the affair with Daniel and how he dumped her and Chelsea and her have rift between them. Chelsea thinks Kate is lying just to keep her away from him or something and then maybe have us learn that he had an affair with Lexie too and really go the distance with this. I think this kind of story has potential (especially given his behavior at the gym and the way he was looking at woman) and could lead to some major drama. It would really play well into a hard fall from grace for Daniel and I think it takes the audience for a ride because the show really built him up as Mr. Perfect and usually that does mean trouble but the whole thing with his wife really plays well into convincing the audience he's a great guy. I just think there is potential here but we'll see.

I'd love for Daniel to be knocked off this ridiculous OTT pedestal they have established for him but I don't think it's going to go that way. I think Dena loves her little manipulative red herrings and wants us to BELIEVE Dan and Kate did it and so she will milk this along until the real secret is revealed. However, if Dena can't get ratings up and Chan is going along the wayside, she can use her "secret" then to reveal Kate and Daniel had been doing it before he got with Chelsea to end Chan. It's just hedging her bets.

And finally, I don't think Daniel's wife Rebecca is every going to get mentioned again. Maybe someone will say something in regards to how he is a widower and the pain of losing his wife (whom he barely knew and only married her cause she was terminal) in passing, but I think that was simply Dena's typical hack method of drawing up sympathy for Daniel.

What I would give if the Kate's secret wound up her digging into Daniel's background and found out Rebecca is the spitting image of Chelsea. Now that, would be creepy!
Edited by Tripp, Jun 24 2008, 03:30 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Today was a really good show..I'm liking the ensemble feel to Days right now..Just give Bo and Hope something substantial to do and i'd be very happy..

My favorite scenes were Abe and Lexies, Nicole/Sami, EJ/Lucas (i like these two so much more away from Sami), and Ava convincing Nicole to spill the beans to John...I have to say Ava and Nicole are my favorite characters right now..Memo to Days, do whatever you can to keep Tamara....She is a huge asset for the show and a great chance for them come emmy time..

Alligato
Member Avatar

I thought I would hate it, but EJ/Lucas scene was pretty awesome to me. No yelling, slight sarcasm, dare I say they were being civil?
I am just liking Lucas so much more now that the yelling and obnoxiousness is gone, and loved him and EJ, and him and Nicole!

Yes, Days, do what you can to keep Tamara around as long as possible. The Kristen Blake comparison sounds so juicy, and Tamara rocks any scene that she is in...and I love her and Nicole! So cute to see that friendship develop...loved Ava telling Nicole how weird it was the Nicole didn't want a one night stand! Loved their mutual drool over EJ!

I'm going one day at a time with Lexie and Abe! So far so good!

Like Lucas and Sami, Max is so much better without Stephanie. He is tolerable, dare I say it enjoyable. Loved him and Caroline!

And I agree with pretty much everyone else that Sami is a complete mess...acting like a fool trying to get everyone to make EJ leave! This is utter nonscene, and I find myself rolling my eyes when Sami appears! What have they done to her?!?!?
She is so damn irrational, that I believe that both of those guys are too good for her right now!
Edited by Alligato, Jun 24 2008, 04:15 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Max and Caroline was nice as well, glad they are using Caroline for this story..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply