Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of June 23
Topic Started: Jun 23 2008, 02:28 AM (3,647 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Today's show isn't keeping my attention at all, hence the reason why I'm posting here while it's still on.........

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Trent and Nicole are really the only thing interesting about this episode. I wish they weren't making Nicole a mom, but I now think they are and are going to just forget about Nicole and Victor's divorce settlement and not have Nicole and Trent having been married in the past.

Max just confuses me. I like that Steve and Kayla point out how young Max was that maybe he doesn't know the whole story about his parents, but then again don't Steve and Kayla know the full story since they were the one who found him so shouldn't they be as anti-Trent as Max is? And honestly, however bad Trent is Max is so annoying with this angry kid routine all the time that it just kind of makes me root for Trent more and be glad Trent was a shitty parent to him.

Morgan, Chloe, Roman... blah. I don't hate this storyline but it's nothing special. Lucas being in the scenes with Marlena and John at all was dumb.

Speaking of dumb... Marlena is IMPOSSIBLE to root for and the return of real John and Jarlena is impossible to root for when Marlena is written this way. Why is she keeping that she got the disk from Phillip a secret from John? What reason would she have for doing him a favor when if Phillip is in possession of the disk the logical conclusion would be Phillip stole the disk as part of the feud he has with her husband. Also, why does it take John not even knowing for sure who gave her the disk to point out how this could be a trap to get her to think of this possibility? I can deal with Marlena being annoying or boring or sanctimonious but I will not abide the character being either dumb or displaying more loyalty to someone other than John Black. I guess the one good thing about that scene was seeing maybe Rolf is still up to no good and has just been faking being reformed so maybe all this time he's playing nanny he's using free time to try to cook up some cure for Stefano's coma? That would be fun.

Oh and Daniel and Chelsea's date was just lame. Why can't Daniel wait until he's off duty to pursue a love life. Then again, considering he picks up his ladies on duty I guess that makes sense that's when he'd schedule his dates too. Worst doctor ever!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Chan made my skin crawl today, and Marlena made me want to shoot the TV.......

I agree IMiss, the only thing that had me interested was Nicole & Trent......

The way Kayla said that about how Max's father could have changed really irked me, that's probably due to personal reasons though......

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

A bit of a spoiler but I'm watching the day ahead eppy.

Didn't Anna's boss already tell Anna the business was going under? Tomorrow Anna meets her boss (Which it looks like it's their first time and I swear it's a different actor.) God the writing is awful.

peaches179

IMissAremid
Jun 26 2008, 01:50 PM
Speaking of dumb... Marlena is IMPOSSIBLE to root for and the return of real John and Jarlena is impossible to root for when Marlena is written this way. Why is she keeping that she got the disk from Phillip a secret from John? What reason would she have for doing him a favor when if Phillip is in possession of the disk the logical conclusion would be Phillip stole the disk as part of the feud he has with her husband. Also, why does it take John not even knowing for sure who gave her the disk to point out how this could be a trap to get her to think of this possibility? I can deal with Marlena being annoying or boring or sanctimonious but I will not abide the character being either dumb or displaying more loyalty to someone other than John Black. I guess the one good thing about that scene was seeing maybe Rolf is still up to no good and has just been faking being reformed so maybe all this time he's playing nanny he's using free time to try to cook up some cure for Stefano's coma? That would be fun.

Yeah, Dena is really doing a job on Marlena and Sami's characters.

Mason

peaches179
Jun 26 2008, 02:26 PM
I just keep thinking back to Corday's quote about how Higley knows how to write for women. What a crock of shit!

peaches179

darraholic
Jun 26 2008, 02:21 PM
God the writing is awful.

You can say that again.

peaches179

Mason
Jun 26 2008, 02:28 PM
peaches179
I just keep thinking back to Corday's quote about how Higley knows how to write for women. What a crock of shit!

ICAM! She makes me sick!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

So on the chan date is it just me or is it really unprofessional for Dan to bring his date back to the hospital with him? Really? And is that a first date type of thing to do? Maybe if they had this long time relationship (say I wouldn't have a problem with Abe sitting and eating dinner with Lexie up at the hospital) but this is supposed to be "get to know you stage". They aren't getting to know each other. And I'd never have agreed to head back to the hospital with a doctor who was called back. I'd feel really uncomfortable with everyone working around me (like the guy bringing the tray in) and then being bored waiting on him. I hope she has some games on her phone.

Morgan going off to Roman seemed pushed. I loved how Philip was trying to get her to calm down, especially with what we know of his involvement. As for Chloe and Roman talking, Chloe checking her cell phone, even if ND was the greatest actress in the world is just way too "OH COME ON" moments that Roman didn't catch on. I mean, he didn't catch on right? I might have drifted at the end and God knows you can't count on JT's face to tell us anything.

I did enjoy Steve basically giving Max a reality check on making sure he's right about Trent before he starts labeling him a monster. My pet peeve up until now has been Max was so young back then, how does he really remember the truth? Max of course took the advice just like I expected which is to say he didn't. I would enjoy these scenes more if I didn't already know that Trent will be inevitably revealed as that monster Max knows he is since everything we've seen between he and Nicole have supported it. Max will then be told he's even more righteous and they will never question his behavior again.

Nicole/Trent were awesome today. Now I do think AZ should stay away from a few of the sobs, she doesn't have the tears that can flow (or I've been spoiled on RM, JE and MBE) but everything else was great. I loved the rather refreshing attitude of Trent's "Stop whining" lecture and Nicole coming right back to him. Great stuff there, good chemistry. It just goes to show that two capable actors can use a different sort of chemistry to make a scene work.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Nicole and Trent rocked today..I'm just loving Nicole being pushed to the forefront of the show, because she is a popular character played by an extremely capable actress..

Also while i don't want Lucas and Chloe together longterm, i'm enjoying them hanging out..For months fans bitched and complained that Lucas needed more people to interact with besides Sami, EJ, and Kate..Sami was really dragging down Lucas and turning him into her lapdog..So its so refreshing seeing Lucas with Chloe for the timebeing..I think it will be good for his character..

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Kevc1980
Jun 26 2008, 04:55 PM
Nicole and Trent rocked today..I'm just loving Nicole being pushed to the forefront of the show, because she is a popular character played by an extremely capable actress..

Also while i don't want Lucas and Chloe together longterm, i'm enjoying them hanging out..For months fans bitched and complained that Lucas needed more people to interact with besides Sami, EJ, and Kate..Sami was really dragging down Lucas and turning him into her lapdog..So its so refreshing seeing Lucas with Chloe for the timebeing..I think it will be good for his character..
I'm one of those who haven't liked Lucas for a long time and thought that he desperately needed to interact with someone who wasn't Kate, Sami or EJ. I don't see Chloe and Lucas as a long-term solution for any reason, but I think they have good friends chemistry and heaven knows they both need friends.

Since I'm new on this board, I'll provide my biases up front. These are the things that work for me right now:

-anything involving Nicole. Love her. Love that she is being written with more depth and that the actress is raising her game to match. She sparks with everyone and no matter who she's talking to, I'm interested. The one storyline that is really holding my interest right now is Nicole's past with Trent.
-Philip is my favorite character and I love that he is darker and more of a ladykiller. I hate Belle with a passion and I hated when he was wasted on an obsession with her. However, I cannot stand Morgan with Philip and I am gritting my teeth hoping that passes.
-I love EJ, and am hoping for a real EJ/Nicole romance, but have my doubts same will come to pass.
-Love Victor, am happy to see him on my screen more.

As for the rest, well. . . don't love it so much. I used to be an EJami fan until their chemistry evaporated and now they look like an old married couple who can't stand to be around each other. If I had two wishes for the show it would be to end Phorgan and shoot the EJamucas triangle and put it out of its and my misery. I used to love Sami, now I cannot stand her and I wish she would leave my screen. She does not deserve to be fought over and I'm sad to say that; there was a time I felt very differently. Now, I wish she and her heavily damaged hair would just go away.

Chan: I hate them with a passion. I see no chemistry, their story is boring, I hate insta-luv, and I hate the idiotic dialogue SC has. I can't stand super awesome perfect characters and apparently I'm supposed to think Dr. Dan can cure cancer with a smile. No thanks, show. I never liked Chelsea much, was not a Nick fan, don't think Nick's hot (but do think the character is likeable deserves an actual storyline, perhaps with Nicole), so my Chan hate has nothing whatsoever to do with Nick or Chick.

Stax: Again, hate. I like Stephanie and my dream pairing is her with Philip. But I hate how she has nothing to do but let Max scream at her because his idiotic secret about his marvelous math skills which he can't have because he's the son of an Irish fisherman was not to be revealed. I could have been mildly interested in the reveal about Trent had I not come to loathe Max for his undeserved front-burnering.

Jarlena: Not a fan. I like Jawn, hope the old John never returns. Once upon a time I liked John and Marlena together, but that time has passed. I would love for them to be really broken up, but I know better.

Is anything else even going on? The show is definitely slow and un-captivating these days.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

:wave: at Paxton. Love to see a familiar face.

I agree with almost all of your opinions (though I really do like Phorgan).

And you totally left out Abe and Lexie. But that's ok, Dena left them out the day they found out about Theo's condition.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

darraholic

Didn't Anna's boss already tell Anna the business was going under? Tomorrow Anna meets her boss (Which it looks like it's their first time and I swear it's a different actor.) God the writing is awful.
Anna knew the business wasn't doing well and that it was in danger but she took it upon herself to try to help save it and she had brought in a few accounts so I don't have a problem with the scenes tomorrow.

Today was pretty boring though. I'm with Kev on Lucas and Chloe. Not sure about the long-term but I really like them mixing it up for now. It's nice seeing Lucas with someone else for a change. Chan were gag-worthy. My theory better be right because I know longer can stand them. Nicole/Trent was very interesting and creepy. Ari and Roscoe are doing well with this material. I also enjoyed the Steve/Kayla/Max stuff. I wish they would make more of a point of noting Steve and Kayla playing a role in Max's early years but that gets in the way of Stax a bit and since they try to isolate Max's Brady connections now, I shouldn't be surprised.

Enjoyed the Morgan stuff too. At least the story is moving.

I don't mind Marlena right now. At least she is pushing to get the "old" John back now with good reason. The disk reawakened her desire to have him back. She no longer has to accept this John to be with John so I can see where she is coming from right now.

It was pretty dull today though but the week this far had been good so hopefully tomorrow picks up a bit.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Welcome to the board, Paxton! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. :)

Oh, and yeah... Days still sucks.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 26 2008, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the board, Paxton! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. :)

Oh, and yeah... Days still sucks.
Tell us how you really feel Kenny! :D

Mason

^ Well, I certainly will.

DAYS, as it is right now, is a boring, directionless, snail-paced crapfest. That's just about as succinctly as I could put it.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 26 2008, 02:28 PM
peaches179
That reminds me...

I was cleaning some stuff up in my place the other day and found the old SOD with that in it and just sort of chuckled to myself reading Ken's quotes:

Quote:

"Dena has come on as an accredited head writer and the kinds of stories she's going to be telling are not so much incident-oriented as they are simpler, character-driven stories. More understandable things. The days of event-driven stories are past."

[...]

"It is becoming more about the people who are the stars of the show and who we care about. It's not about things happening to our characters; it's about our characters' feelings for each other."

:flipoff: Ken

Mason

You can basically take Higley's name out of that quote and insert any writer from the past 10 years in it. Corday says the same damn thing about every latest HW, as if he thinks fans won't notice.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

darraholic

I barely was watching during that whole saga with Tony and Anna's businesses but I could have sworn the show already showed Anna losing her job and her company closing, which is great because you know getting to see that plotpoint happen twice totally makes up for missing out on a Tanna wedding.

BTW, welcome Paxton. I recognize you from TWOP but doubt you know me. I am doriduz over there but I hardly post there these days it seems. Thanks for the compliment on my banner. My EJami enthusiasm/optimism is seriously waning these days but I'm too damn stubborn (and you're right it is pretty) to change it out.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I remember you from TWoP. This seems like a great board and I'm looking forward to posting here.

LOL at character-driven stories being Dena's strength. I don't hate her, but I can't say I've noticed characters driving stories rather than the other way around.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply