Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of June 23
Topic Started: Jun 23 2008, 02:28 AM (3,638 Views)
ges
Member Avatar

Dena Higley has managed to drive the show into the toilet in which I believe is a record pace for her. The ratings came out and one demographic is tied for the lowest numbers since the beginning of the show. I'd like to staple that piece of paper to her forehead. I think she sucks.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Welcome Paxton! I enjoyed your post, and totally agree! Hope to see you around!

OMG! I just finished today's show and it was bad. The writing! Ugh!
And I am trying to follow Chan, I really am, but today's show was awkward and embarassing. Chelsea just acts like a little girl, and the chemistry was absent. Dan sounded like an idiot, and they just didn't mesh.

My only bright spot on the show was Nicole! I love Nicole no matter who she is opposite! Trent was awesome showing no concern for her, and while I could live without another damn secret, Nicole and Trent kept my interest.

Chloe was so baaadd today! The acting is atrocious..."um, oh wait, Roman, I remember now what Paul was wearing...I know I said it was dark and I wasn't paying attention, but now after my phone ringing and me looking at it, I definitely remember he was wearing a light ash grey Kenneth Cole suit with a blue pin striped shirt with a yellow hanky in the pocket...um, yea, that is what I think I remember seeing" and Nadia is so bad at the subtle stuff. And so not convincing! Her emotionless deer in the headlights look just doesn't work in this scene, and I found myself laughing at the dialogue and the scene!

Why is Morgan kissing Phillip?

I didn't enjoy today's show at all...bad dialogue, scenes were silly...like Nicole!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jun 27 2008, 12:24 AM
Welcome Paxton! I enjoyed your post, and totally agree! Hope to see you around!

OMG! I just finished today's show and it was bad. The writing! Ugh!
And I am trying to follow Chan, I really am, but today's show was awkward and embarassing. Chelsea just acts like a little girl, and the chemistry was absent. Dan sounded like an idiot, and they just didn't mesh.

My only bright spot on the show was Nicole! I love Nicole no matter who she is opposite! Trent was awesome showing no concern for her, and while I could live without another damn secret, Nicole and Trent kept my interest.

Chloe was so baaadd today! The acting is atrocious..."um, oh wait, Roman, I remember now what Paul was wearing...I know I said it was dark and I wasn't paying attention, but now after my phone ringing and me looking at it, I definitely remember he was wearing a light ash grey Kenneth Cole suit with a blue pin striped shirt with a yellow hanky in the pocket...um, yea, that is what I think I remember seeing" and Nadia is so bad at the subtle stuff. And so not convincing! Her emotionless deer in the headlights look just doesn't work in this scene, and I found myself laughing at the dialogue and the scene!

Why is Morgan kissing Phillip?

I didn't enjoy today's show at all...bad dialogue, scenes were silly...like Nicole!
You're right Allligato, Chloe was especially bad today. I like the deer in the headlights description. That is what I thought too. I did like Nicole and Trent. I haven't seen Roscoe Born on other soaps but he is very good (at playing bad). Daniel and Chelsea was awkward and childish. It's almost embarrassing to watch them. I was really looking forward to Shawn Christen's character coming on, but now just disappointed. Marlena and John is getting tiresome - same old, same old. Ava in the mix may help some, but I don't really care anymore.

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL, the uncomfortable tension between Marlena/Ava at DiMansion reminds me so much of Marlena/Kristen. I love it!

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Kenny
Jun 27 2008, 12:44 PM
LoL, the uncomfortable tension between Marlena/Ava at DiMansion reminds me so much of Marlena/Kristen. I love it!

Yes!! Something positive from Kenny about Days. That always puts a smile on my face.

And that clip is amazing. *sigh* Kristen...Marlena...JER...magical.

peaches179

Kenny
Jun 27 2008, 12:44 PM

LOL! Good times!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Today's show bored me for the most part, and Chan yet again made my skin crawl......

Kenny
Member Avatar

Gag, I know!

The moment I saw Chelsea kissing all over Daniel, I flipped the channel. I don't like hornypants Chelsea, and Daniel seems like SUCH a pedo.

Mason

Oh, Kenny. Your video of our Kristen and Marlena has only reminded me what a complete piece of crap the show is now, LoL.

Mason

Kenny
Jun 27 2008, 02:05 PM
Gag, I know!

The moment I saw Chelsea kissing all over Daniel, I flipped the channel. I don't like hornypants Chelsea, and Daniel seems like SUCH a pedo.
He definitely does. I want to like Daniel, but I just can't when they're forcing this God awful pairing down our throats (not to mention his horrific dialogue). And I haven't disliked Chelsea this much since before Hogan's tenure.
Edited by Mason, Jun 27 2008, 04:16 PM.

bannme

ugh for chan dansea whatever it is called..get that man into kates bed and riding her waves..

cjknick
Member Avatar

This week must have been really bad I watched it but I can't remember any of it .... including today's epi!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Okay I have to admit I really liked Monday's episode thanks to three actors. James Scott, Tamara Braun, and Roscoe Borne. I was actually really impressed with Drake as well in the scenes in the lab wear tears were just begining to grace his eyes.
Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Friday's show was okay.

- Philip/Morgan were intriguing. He's such a man-whore when it comes to Morgan and Chloe.

- I loved the mansion scenes...especially when Marlena was there. I could kill Ava for even suggesting that John destroy the disc. She needs to find a man that isn't married! I can so see her going all psycho again if John gets his memory back.

- Victor trying to be there for Marlena was nice to see.

- I FFed through Lexie and Abe...it only confirmed my belief about myself. I don't want realistic, emotional stories. I know that's what everyone says that they want but when I sit down to watch a soap, I want to escape from things that I see in the world. I want to see things about brainwashing and love triangles. I don't want to see an autistic child. I am happy that Lexie and Abe are having a story, though and I'm even happy that Dena is telling this story. I'm just not one who will be watching it very much.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Paxton
Jun 26 2008, 05:14 PM
Kevc1980
Jun 26 2008, 04:55 PM
Nicole and Trent rocked today..I'm just loving Nicole being pushed to the forefront of the show, because she is a popular character played by an extremely capable actress..

Also while i don't want Lucas and Chloe together longterm, i'm enjoying them hanging out..For months fans bitched and complained that Lucas needed more people to interact with besides Sami, EJ, and Kate..Sami was really dragging down Lucas and turning him into her lapdog..So its so refreshing seeing Lucas with Chloe for the timebeing..I think it will be good for his character..
I'm one of those who haven't liked Lucas for a long time and thought that he desperately needed to interact with someone who wasn't Kate, Sami or EJ. I don't see Chloe and Lucas as a long-term solution for any reason, but I think they have good friends chemistry and heaven knows they both need friends.

Since I'm new on this board, I'll provide my biases up front. These are the things that work for me right now:

-anything involving Nicole. Love her. Love that she is being written with more depth and that the actress is raising her game to match. She sparks with everyone and no matter who she's talking to, I'm interested. The one storyline that is really holding my interest right now is Nicole's past with Trent.
-Philip is my favorite character and I love that he is darker and more of a ladykiller. I hate Belle with a passion and I hated when he was wasted on an obsession with her. However, I cannot stand Morgan with Philip and I am gritting my teeth hoping that passes.
-I love EJ, and am hoping for a real EJ/Nicole romance, but have my doubts same will come to pass.
-Love Victor, am happy to see him on my screen more.

As for the rest, well. . . don't love it so much. I used to be an EJami fan until their chemistry evaporated and now they look like an old married couple who can't stand to be around each other. If I had two wishes for the show it would be to end Phorgan and shoot the EJamucas triangle and put it out of its and my misery. I used to love Sami, now I cannot stand her and I wish she would leave my screen. She does not deserve to be fought over and I'm sad to say that; there was a time I felt very differently. Now, I wish she and her heavily damaged hair would just go away.

Chan: I hate them with a passion. I see no chemistry, their story is boring, I hate insta-luv, and I hate the idiotic dialogue SC has. I can't stand super awesome perfect characters and apparently I'm supposed to think Dr. Dan can cure cancer with a smile. No thanks, show. I never liked Chelsea much, was not a Nick fan, don't think Nick's hot (but do think the character is likeable deserves an actual storyline, perhaps with Nicole), so my Chan hate has nothing whatsoever to do with Nick or Chick.

Stax: Again, hate. I like Stephanie and my dream pairing is her with Philip. But I hate how she has nothing to do but let Max scream at her because his idiotic secret about his marvelous math skills which he can't have because he's the son of an Irish fisherman was not to be revealed. I could have been mildly interested in the reveal about Trent had I not come to loathe Max for his undeserved front-burnering.

Jarlena: Not a fan. I like Jawn, hope the old John never returns. Once upon a time I liked John and Marlena together, but that time has passed. I would love for them to be really broken up, but I know better.

Is anything else even going on? The show is definitely slow and un-captivating these days.
Hey, Paxton!!! Good to see you here. (You know me, but not as ladyofthelake)..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
Jun 27 2008, 07:57 PM
Okay I have to admit I really liked Monday's episode thanks to three actors. James Scott, Tamara Braun, and Roscoe Borne. I was actually really impressed with Drake as well in the scenes in the lab wear tears were just begining to grace his eyes.
It does seem like a pretty great episode. Look forward to it.

Today was ok. Glad The Lumberg advertising arc is over. Tony and Anna should've been together working all along. I did like Anna keeping it from him and Tony finding out and not saying anything. Classic stuff. Nice setup with the lights flickering too and it was nice seeing Tony and Anna out in an elegant environment. I hope they continue to show the more sophisticated and elegant side of Tony and Anna.

J&M and Ava was good. I agree with Kenny in that Ava/Marlena has a similar tension to Kristen/Marlena. Love it and John/Ava is such a breath of a fresh air. It really gave the J&M story more life. Enjoyed the Victor/Marlena interaction too. Good tension there and I missed these two sharing scenes. It's been awhile and they are great together.

Morgan/Philip was nice and liked their scenes with Victor too. Abe/Lexie was some pretty good scenes too. I'm liking their story so far and JR and RJ are giving it their all.

Worst part of today? Chan easily. I was ok with it in the beginning but now it's just awful. They are both acting like high schoolers and it's all wrong because he's just world renowned doctor and here he is coming in from saving a life and a minute later he is acting like a high school jock with his cheerleader girlfriend. Stupid. Daniel doesn't even seem like the same character he was a month ago. He seems way to open now and way to immature. His edge seems gone, as does the whole sophistication associated with him being a big traveler. I just hope they do something more with this. I think they will and that Chan is not a long-term thing but, if it is, I won't be happy.

Decent end to a decent week though. I really look forward to next week though.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 28 2008, 11:59 PM.

jane1978

I really donīt understand the point of Chan. Itīs like Dena desperately needs them together for whatever shocking relevation she plans for Kate/Dan, so she pushes them together no matter what. Not even in the wildest imagination can anybody believe they could work longterm. And Iīm really sorry for the actor who plays Dan because he could be easily a serious competitor for Steve, Bo, or whoever else from that group and I really like his chemistry with Kate.
Edited by jane1978, Jun 28 2008, 04:01 AM.

annalee003
Member Avatar

I haven't had the time to watch the show the whole week. Looks like I wasn't missing much.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Here's what I don't get: Did Daniel end the sentence when he leaned into Chelsea, or did he, in fact, talk dirty in her ear? I say he talked dirty in her ear, which would prove he's NOT the "gentleman" she told her friends he was. And how stupid was she, anyway? People who look THAT good fuck whenever they can, because they can. Yes, he'll be respectful, but if you were willing to give it up the first night, he'd take it. And what I saw Friday, was the first, major move to p;rove that. The bastard talkled dirty in her ear!
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

i missed Fridays, i've got it set to record on soap net sunday night..Kind of want to see Tony and Anna, as i've missed them..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply