Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Alison Sweeney expecting her second child
Topic Started: Jun 24 2008, 07:49 AM (2,143 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Congrats to Ali and her family. I wonder when she's due.

This may finally be the way to get Sami off the screen. The character needs a long vacation.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jun 24 2008, 03:57 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jonatha

Source: SoapOperaDigest.com

Breaking News

Baby on the Way

DAYS OF OUR LIVES's Alison Sweeney (Sami) is expecting her second child in January, 2009. "I'm so thrilled and everyone is super excited, but I got three hugs from James [Scott, EJ] because I think it's his first experience knowing someone actually going through it," says Sweeney. "It was really cute." The actress announced the news at a taping of the BIGGEST LOSER Monday night, then told her DAYS castmates when she got to work on Tuesday. Sweeney and husband Dave Sanov are already the parents of a son, Ben, 3. No word yet on whether DAYS will write the pregnancy in.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Obviously Days will not write in Sami's pregnancy..She already has her hands full with the twins..Congrats again to Ali and Dave..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Yeah. Your right, Kev. She just went through a pregnancy. They will probably send her off and I bet they will make her pre-tape stuff too. I wouldn't but I just know they will.

She's due in January, which means we may not have her around for Christmas, which sucks but she does need a rest so I can deal with it.

Mason
Member Avatar

Thank God! LoL!

I was actually hoping she'd get pregnant soon, so we'll actually have a decent breathing period away from Sami. Maybe I'll actually like her again when she comes back, since I haven't been able to enjoy her for over a year, now.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Clip of Ali making the announcement:

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/video/#mea=269858

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Cute announcement, and here's to a vacation from Sami :) No offense, but Ali's probably got like three years of vacation to take considering she's never been off since she began DAYS.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sweet Sauce
Jun 30 2008, 06:33 PM
Cute announcement, and here's to a vacation from Sami :) No offense, but Ali's probably got like three years of vacation to take considering she's never been off since she began DAYS.
If I recall, she went without story for a period of several months in 2001. Half the year or so, I believe. I could be wrong though, but I remember a "Plan to Save Days" cover with Ali on the cover, and inside Langan was promising that we'd be seeing more of Sami because she's such a ratings grabber. As a result, we were stuck with the Sami/Austin pairing... GAG!

But yeah, I see your point. She's been on the screen waaaaaay too much.

Mason
Member Avatar

Having as much of Sami as we have had in the past year is like having way too much candy on Halloween. You just end up feeling sick whenever you see it again.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Mason, you truly are on fire today!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jun 30 2008, 06:36 PM
Sweet Sauce
Jun 30 2008, 06:33 PM
If I recall, she went without story for a period of several months in 2001. Half the year or so, I believe. I could be wrong though, but I remember a "Plan to Save Days" cover with Ali on the cover, and inside Langan was promising that we'd be seeing more of Sami because she's such a ratings grabber. As a result, we were stuck with the Sami/Austin pairing... GAG!

But yeah, I see your point. She's been on the screen waaaaaay too much.
Sami/Austin ended shortly after and Langan was actually the first writer to backburner Sami. From June 2001-early October 2001, we didn't see Sami at all. That had never happened before. The only time she was off for an extended period was when she was put on a story-dictated hiatus in spring 1995 only to return for Carrie and Austin's first wedding to reveal she was pregnant with Will. Other then these two instances, Sami has always been frontburner it seems. I, too, think it's time she gets a break.

That was a cute announcement though. She seemed a bit uncomfortable with the attention, which is unusual for her because Ali seems to love it, but I can't blame her. This is something you don't usually announce on TV but it ended up being a nice, honest, moment for her. I wish her all the best and she does seem happy. It was cute seeing how Jillian accused her of liking Bob better LOL.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 30 2008, 09:55 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Does anyone know how much time off Ali took during her first pregnancy? I really don't think she will be gone for that long, but definitely ... some time without Sami on air is a good thing.

Mason
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Jul 1 2008, 11:23 PM
Does anyone know how much time off Ali took during her first pregnancy? I really don't think she will be gone for that long, but definitely ... some time without Sami on air is a good thing.
I thought it was at least a couple of months, but maybe it just seemed longer since it was during literally the worst period in DAYS's 42 year history - spring of 2005.
Edited by Mason, Jul 1 2008, 11:25 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Quote:

The only time she was off for an extended period was when she was put on a story-dictated hiatus in spring 1995

Wasn't that when her family allegedly threatened to pull her from the show because of Robert Kelker Kelly being creepy or something? So does that really count?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Jul 1 2008, 11:52 PM
Quote:

The only time she was off for an extended period was when she was put on a story-dictated hiatus in spring 1995

Wasn't that when her family allegedly threatened to pull her from the show because of Robert Kelker Kelly being creepy or something? So does that really count?
That is the rumor, which is pretty much all but true.

Days claimed it was story-dictated and I even think they mentioned it was used to help along the transition from Muldoon to Peck as Austin since Carrie and Austin went after her for a few weeks.

It does count though because the show ended up pulling her, even if it was for other reasons other then story. I should point out though that even that hiatus was rather short as Ali was back onscreen around July, so only about 3 months without her. June-October 2001 was really the longgest period without her and I am still shocked to this day Langan and Corday backburnered her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply