Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2008 Daytime Emmy's are least watched in History; MVP lowest rated premiere in ABC history
Topic Started: Jun 25 2008, 04:33 AM (623 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Households
CBS 4.0/8
NBC 3.5/7
ABC 3.3/6
CW 2.2/4
FOX 2.1/4

Viewers
CBS 6.1 million
NBC 4.9 million
ABC 4.4 million
CW 4.0 million
FOX 3.4 million

Adults 18-49
CW 1.4/5
CBS 1.3/5
NBC 1.3/5
FOX 1.3/5
ABC 1.0/4

Viewers
Numb3rs R 6.7 million 1.3/5
Dateline 5.6 million
Ghost Whisperer R 5.4 million
The 35th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards 5.4 million (-3.2 million)
Friday Night Smackdown! 4.0 million
Most Outrageous Moments R 3.8 million
FOX Movie: Planet of the Apes R 3.4 million
MVP: He Shoots, She Scores 2.42 million

Adults 18-49
Dateline 1.5/5
Friday Night Smackdown! 1.4/5
Ghost Whisperer R 1.4/5
Numb3rs R 1.3/5
FOX Movie: Planet of the Apes 1.3/5
The 35th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards 1.2/4 (-40%)
Most Outrageous Moments R 0.9/3
MVP: He Shoots, She Scores 0.6/2

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FanODays

Not surprising, it was a dull show. I really missed the montages they used to do from all soaps and I didn't like how they omitted the Memoriam part. Also the hosts were dull. I know Fronz loves CM but zzzzzzzz. I hardly see him or his co-host, whose name I don't even know even remotely having enough star power to do this.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

I actually enjoyed the show. Unfortunately, I am not surprised at the record low it received. I am not one of those doom and gloom people that feels daytime is dead, but the disproportionate amount of nominations may have been a factor as well as it being on a Friday night during the summer. I loved seeing the stars and Jeanne Cooper win a well deserved Emmy, so overall I was pleased with the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply