Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Some soaps to cut next day previews; - according to SOW
Topic Started: Jun 26 2008, 11:46 PM (2,996 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Isn't it funny that it seems couple fanbases are the ones praising day ahead summaries and spoilers? That just shows the problem right there and really shows how deep the fanbase problem goes, especially for a show like Days. They just need to do away with them and, going back to Matt's post, go vague with mag spoilers and online spoilers. Make people watch to see if their faves are on and then you get them to watch other characters and their stories and maybe you get then hooked on that. These day ahead summaries and shit give people an excuse to just not give anything else a try and FF through anything not related to who they like. That wasn't the way years ago. People had to sit and watch. Not everyone liked everything but back then it seemed like even people who had their faves at least found other things in the show to enjoy. Yes, I know the writing was better but that is beside the point. I'm sure if some of these people who watch just for one character or a couple can find something else to like. Hell, there are some people not liking Days at all right now and even they on most days can find more then one thing they like so I would think fanbases and couple/character fans can too.

Alas, this is just a problem that's grown since 2000 and keeps getting worse. Yes, the writers and producers and networks and so on are at fault but spoilers and giving people a reason to pick and choose what they watch has played just about as big as role as anything else. This isn't primetime so not everyone can be on every episode so it's time soaps rectified this and make it so that it's unknown what exactly a soap will give you day by day. Let's make fans watch the show to get their answers. Finding them on the net or in spoilers isn't going to do jack shit for the soaps.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 29 2008, 03:25 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Thank God I'm a fan of the show and not just certain characters. I watch everyday to support my show and all of them.
I took a 3 day break like 2 weeks ago though. lol

I've always wanted the soap to stop giving out spoilers and stuff like that.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I actually don't mind the previews on DAYS anymore. They don't seem to give up too much on the previews like they did when Wyman was in charge.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I guess I'm strange, cause regardless of the previews, I watch the whole show everyday. Well, I will FF through some things, but usually not. Old habits are hard to break. I have my favs just like everybody else, but the main thing to me is the show as a whole. I didn't stop watching when Steve "died" so I guess I never will. They will have to pry the remote from "my cold dead hands!" :D

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Guess who didn't do a preview segment today?

GH

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

None of the ABC soaps did previews today. So, it was ABC who wnated to rid themselfves of previews. I guess they aren't too happy with the profits thair soaps are making these days.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Jun 30 2008, 03:30 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Shit. Fuck ABC.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kserox10

What did GH show at the end of its previews?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I like having the preview at the end. It wouldn't bother me that much to not have it anymore though.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

kserox10
Jun 30 2008, 03:44 PM
What did GH show at the end of its previews?
A promo for AMC I believe. I don't watch AMC or OLTL so I wasn't sure which soap it was but yeah, it was a promo. The promo aired at the same time as the credits.

Mason

darraholic
Jun 30 2008, 08:54 AM
I actually don't mind the previews on DAYS anymore. They don't seem to give up too much on the previews like they did when Wyman was in charge.
That's true but they still take away from the cliffhangers (not that there even are any cliffhangers anymore, thanks to the boring writing).

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ArizonaDaze
Jun 30 2008, 02:01 PM
I guess I'm strange, cause regardless of the previews, I watch the whole show everyday. Well, I will FF through some things, but usually not. Old habits are hard to break. I have my favs just like everybody else, but the main thing to me is the show as a whole. I didn't stop watching when Steve "died" so I guess I never will. They will have to pry the remote from "my cold dead hands!" :D
Your not strange. Your just a fan of the WHOLE show, unlike many others.

I wish Days would follow ABC. I just think this is something that could benefit every soap.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply