Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Whats With Kate?; Her reactions to Dan
Topic Started: Jun 27 2008, 07:03 PM (1,904 Views)
Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Did they have sex off screen?Did he rape her? He is supose to be a n ego driven player.It can't be that hes seeing Chelsea becuz she seemed okay with that. I saw a spoumer that Kate faints when she sees Dan and Chels kiss
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

I highly doubt he raped her.

I first thought she had some sort of stupid crush on him. Then I got the bad feeling that their is some sort of connection between the two.

Mason

I'm guessing that Kate's just being written to be an obstacle in the "epic love story" of Daniel and Chelsea. :eyeroll: :puke:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

It really doesn't matter. It's funny cause for once I am so siding with Kate here and her animosity towards Dan.

I'm sure she'll have issues now with Chan dating (even though she was pushing Chelsea towards him before). It's weird, to be rooting for Kate is probably not what the show wants me to do.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

The only thing that makes an ounce of sense to me would be;

* she had off-screen sex with Daniel early on or has a massive case of UST around him.
* she found out something corrupt about him...which could range from malpractice to "accidentally" hacking his wife up or some crazy shit like that.

I wonder if the actors know what the secret is...I mean, how else would they know how to play these scenes? Cause when LK called Kate an enigma, she wasn't kidding. Honestly, I'm starting to think we're never going to get an answer.

Mason

Hell, forget the actors, I wonder if Higley even knows where she's going with this. Every story of hers is so aimless and random, it's as if she has no idea what direction she ultimately wants to go in.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jun 27 2008, 07:54 PM
Hell, forget the actors, I wonder if Higley even knows where she's going with this. Every story of hers is so aimless and random, it's as if she has no idea what direction she ultimately wants to go in.
Why must you ask questions you already know the answers to?
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

^ It wasn't so much a question as it was an assumption, LoL.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I have faith in Dena. I think she'll come through with this and she'll give us answers. I'm just happy that Kate has a story...somewhat.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I wish Kate would go back to being a manipulative bitch with something. That's all I know.

They've also done a serious shit job with her hair/makeup/wardrobe lately. She used to be the Days fashionista! You wouldn't know it now, though. It feels like Kate is slowly losing her va-va-voom and she's becoming "just another character."
Edited by Kenny, Jun 27 2008, 08:28 PM.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Kenny
Jun 27 2008, 08:27 PM
I wish Kate would go back to being a manipulative bitch with something. That's all I know.

They've also done a serious shit job with her hair/makeup/wardrobe lately. She used to be the Days fashionista! You wouldn't know it now, though. It feels like Kate is slowly losing her va-va-voom and she's becoming "just another character."
I know exactly what you mean!! Just another reason why I miss JER. I miss tuning in everyday to HATE Kate and all of her lies and manipulations. I loved to hate her and I miss that. :(

Mason

IMO, Kate hasn't been written well since B&C, if not Langan (I despised his writing but I LOVED the way he wrote Kate - well, before she was poor, LoL).

Kenny
Member Avatar

Shocking to say, but SSM actually wrote Kate best.

Mason

Kenny
Jun 27 2008, 08:38 PM
Awe, I loved SSM, LoL. But yes, she wrote Kate excellently too.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 27 2008, 08:39 PM
Kenny
Jun 27 2008, 08:38 PM
Awe, I loved SSM, LoL. But yes, she wrote Kate excellently too.
HATED SSM!

She's the one who wrote "Sami The Saint" Round 1. Trying to pair Austin/Sami was a huge mistake.

The Killing Pool was a mess. I mean, I loved parts of it, but there were other parts I just hated. In the end, it all came down to Penelope and Edmund? C'mon now... stupid.

Her version of Nicole was dull as dishwater, and so was Taylor. Eric/Nicole were snoozeworthty.

Mike and Carrie.... ZZZZZZZ.

She backburnered John and Marlena, which was a huge mistake, considering that the show had been riding on a J&M high. The couple hasn't been the same ever since, either. She's also the one who wrote that ridiculous tooth chip storyline and turned Vivian into a complete comic caricature. She never recovered and as a result was written out by Langan.

She wrote SUB-SEX, which was essentially the rape of both John and Hope. This resulted in yet another "Who's The Daddy?" clunker.

She's also the one who SORAS-ed Belle, Phillip, etc. and introduced the Salem High gang (Jan, Jason, Mimi, etc.)

Really, she did alot of horrible, shitty stories, LoL.

The only things I loved from her were psycho Ali, the introduction of Craig/Nancy and the "Franco's Murder" storyline (although that dragged on F-O-R-E-V-E-R!) I loved how she wrote Kate, but I hated how she turned Sami into some sort of saint in Austin's eyes. Gag me! Princess Gina was alright, but that dragged on forever, as well. I also couldn't stand the "satellite in space must be perfectly aligned, blah blah..." bullshit that resulted in the Hope/Gina change, although I must admit that the editing of that sequence was SUPERB.
Edited by Kenny, Jun 27 2008, 08:50 PM.

Mason

From SSM's tenure

What I liked:

- The Killing Pool
- Franco's Murder/Sami's Execution
- Princess Gina (I didn't even mind the subsex)
- Billie's pregnancy lies exposed (the graveyard confrontation rocked)
- Psycho Ali
- J&M's wedding

What I didn't like:

- Carrie/Mike (awful, awful idea, although JER started it technically)
- Vivian's tooth chip (it made both Stefano and Vivian look absurd and was a waste of JM and LS's talent)
- The neutering of Sami
- Eric/Nicole/Taylor/Jay

SSM did write some clunkers, but she gave me three of some of my favorite DAYS stories (Killing Pool, PG, Franco's Murder), so I can't be too hard on her, LoL.

Mason

Kenny
Jun 27 2008, 08:50 PM
She's also the one who SORAS-ed Belle, Phillip, etc. and introduced the Salem High gang (Jan, Jason, Mimi, etc.)
I've read that she was forced to do that and was a reason she quit.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 27 2008, 08:56 PM
From SSM's tenure

What I liked:

- The Killing Pool
- Franco's Murder/Sami's Execution
- Princess Gina (I didn't even mind the subsex)
- Billie's pregnancy lies exposed (the graveyard confrontation rocked)
- Psycho Ali
- J&M's wedding

What I didn't like:

- Carrie/Mike (awful, awful idea, although JER started it technically)
- Vivian's tooth chip (it made both Stefano and Vivian look absurd and was a waste of JM and LS's talent)
- The neutering of Sami
- Eric/Nicole/Taylor/Jay

SSM did write some clunkers, but she gave me three of some of my favorite DAYS stories (Killing Pool, PG, Franco's Murder), so I can't be too hard on her, LoL.
Well don't get me wrong... I'd take any of that shit over Dena's non-stories anyday. I just recall hating SSM with a fiery passion at the time, LoL. For me, JER was just amazing in the 90's, and his version of Days was all I knew. Then he left and along came SSM, and her writing was just such a sharp contrast to JER's writing, and not in a good way. It was such a quick downgrade. It was like going from Shakespeare to Dr. Seuss.

I don't think I would've hated her as much if she wasn't coming fresh off of JER's amazing first run.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 27 2008, 08:58 PM
Kenny
Jun 27 2008, 08:50 PM
I've read that she was forced to do that and was a reason she quit.
LoL, ahhh, the day she quit was the best day of my life!

Waaay back in the day, Soap Opera Digest used to have chatrooms on AOL, and I was a regular in the Digest NBC Chat. The day that news broke of SSM's departure, I remember the whole room throwing a virtual internet party to celebrate the occasion, LoL! SSM was very hated at the time by most all fans, at least on the internet. I think that nostalgia is the only reason people aren't as harsh on her now as they were then, because really, she was loathed by Days fans back then.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK I think I liked SSM, reading up on what stories she was responsible for. (Back then I didn't pay attention to soap writers or any of the behind the scenes stuff AT ALL)

I have no recollection whatsoever (good or bad) about the Killing Pool as I think I was still on a DAYS hiatus at that time for the most part or that must have taken place during a school year where I wasn't watching the show but reading the recaps I think had I seen it I wouldn't have liked it as I just HATED Susan Banks and Kristen got too cartoonish for me during JER's last year (Don't shoot me, Kenny!).

Loved the Billie-Bo-Hope drama at the time, I liked John and Marlena finally getting married even if it led to Sub Sex, I liked the initial Salem teen scene being introduced as I finally had characters my age on the show, loved the Franco murder storyline, I liked Eric and Nicole, and as for Saint Sami... well that was the first time I liked Sami at all was during that whole storyline. Prior to that I hated Sami and loved Carrie. Of course when Carrie left Austin for Mike I hated her, so I guess it was kind of a trade off.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply