Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hollywood 'in a de facto strike'
Topic Started: Jun 29 2008, 04:04 AM (2,156 Views)
Mason

Ugh, there better not be another damn strike. The last thing TV needs is MORE reality crap.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Oh...great (note the sarcasm)

King
Member Avatar

Wellllllllllll, the industry can work without writers...I mean they get scabs...but they REALLY, REALLY, REALLY can't work without actors so hopefully this ends F A S T !

speedbump210

Well, at least GL will be safe. Now Ellen Wheeler can just put on a one-woman show and be done with it.

Mason

^ She would probably just spend the whole hour singing "Only Love Can Save the World" and sucking Kreizman's cock, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Shit the BED, Fred! Is this really happening?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Are you kidding me?

You know, I want to sympathize. I do. This is just getting out of hand, though.

It seems when one group gets something the other groups want it too and it's a cycle. Then there is peace until the cycle begins again. Hollywood just got out of a strike and now people can't put aside their differences? I mean, really? This just shows what is wrong with the world today. It's all about winning and screw all those who will be affected that have no stake in this or are innocent. They are causing an ugly situation that could be avoided by just coming together and not being so stubborn.

I pray something is done and/or that it does not last long. Unlike with writers, you can't keep going. This could cause far more damage so these people better get their acts together.

speedbump210

Ya know, this time, I must side with AFTRA. They signed a deal similar to the one signed by both the DGA and WGA. Why does SAG think the actors deserve more than both the writers and directors? Personally, it makes them look much more selfish and self-centered than they may want to appear to the public, especially if they strike over this and try to sabotage the AFTRA deal.

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh come on! I am seriously now pissed off! I mean, can't they make an agreement? Are they really ready to make such new losses again?! Not one year after their previous strike losses?! I am so pissed! I hope they make an agreement, but it's clear this will stop production of tv shows for at least a little while...

FanODays

Manny
Jun 29 2008, 09:27 AM
cjknick
Jun 29 2008, 08:55 AM
My guess is that SAG would allow Soap actors to continue to work considering the state of soaps. Face it soaps employ and provide steady work for alot of actors.
I actually don't expect this at all. I think that SAG doesn't care what state the soaps are in. I would be shocked if they allowed soap actors to continue working if there is a strike...
Also keep in mind that primetime is hurting in a big way too. Their numbers aren't as low as soaps but they are steadily declining so why would soaps get a special deal?

FanODays

Manny
Jul 1 2008, 02:11 AM
Oh come on! I am seriously now pissed off! I mean, can't they make an agreement? Are they really ready to make such new losses again?! Not one year after their previous strike losses?! I am so pissed! I hope they make an agreement, but it's clear this will stop production of tv shows for at least a little while...
I support the strike in principal but it seems to me that those who want it are those who can afford it. Those that really need the changes so that they can be paid for work distributed via the net and DVDs are those who haven't reached superstardom but ironically those are the ones who would be hurt the most. Seriously, does Tom Hanks need more money? Is he going to donate some of his cash to the actors who live from gig to gig?

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I have no sympathy for anyone. These people are greedy. They're making enough money as is and I think it's ridiculous for them to go on strike.

FanODays

psychofan
Jul 1 2008, 08:02 AM
I have no sympathy for anyone. These people are greedy. They're making enough money as is and I think it's ridiculous for them to go on strike.
Sorta. There are a lot of actors who literally live from gig to gig who would benefit from many of the things the unions want. Problem is that when the mega stars want the strike it just comes off as being greedy.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 1 2008, 12:26 AM
^ She would probably just spend the whole hour singing "Only Love Can Save the World" and sucking Kreizman's cock, LoL.
LMAO

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 30 2008, 11:32 PM
Ugh, there better not be another damn strike. The last thing TV needs is MORE reality crap.
The only thing I like about reality shows is that they are fetured on E! Channel's The Soup :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply