Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nelson Ratings — State-of-the-Art Edition; TVGC
Topic Started: Jun 30 2008, 09:08 AM (1,695 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Nelson+Ratings+June+30+2008++++++++++++++++StateoftheArt+Edition/Soaps/Nelson_Ratings/Articles/080630_ratings_nelson.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Hunter, I 100% agree with you about Lexie & Abe getting shafted. Dena should be ashamed for not showing Abe & Lexie finding out about Theo's autism.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I fully agree. I thought I skipped and episode or a scene when Abe and Lexie were discussing Theo’s diagnosis. That was a bad, bad misstep on Dena’s part. I also don’t feel like their has been enough interactions with Theo. It seems like they just talk about his actions/behaviors when he is out of the room.

C’mon Days….Show, don’t just Tell.

jane1978

I think people cannot expect DAYS will completely change for this storyline. You can already feel how the editors and directors are struggling to incorporate those scenes into the show. Abe/Lexie usually first appear in the second or third segment of the show and the scenes are completely isolated, I wouldn´t be even surprised if they were all taped during one day and now are just used as filler whenever is the place.

People can say it´s shamefull, but I´m sure DAYS is afraid to really turn it into a frontburner story. It´s totally against DAYS profile and what viewers expect from the show. It´s great publicity for NBC and Dena, who is clearly using it as a way to secure her position. But it will do nothing for the show ratingwise, on the contrary it can scare people away.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

For some reason my internet shuts down everytime I click on the link. Can anyone post the text here?

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I am not expecting Day’s to change nor make this a front-burner storyline that is driving the show, but they “Should” be able to write a B-Level storyline decently. With good writing and directing, having Abe and Lexie appear two or three times a week would be just right.

Granted. Days is not known for these types of socially relevant storylines…but if they are gonna go there, then they need to step up their game, because it is gonna stand out and draw attention.
Edited by Nubia, Jun 30 2008, 10:47 AM.

Jonatha

jane1978
Jun 30 2008, 10:21 AM
I think people cannot expect DAYS will completely change for this storyline. You can already feel how the editors and directors are struggling to incorporate those scenes into the show. Abe/Lexie usually first appear in the second or third segment of the show and the scenes are completely isolated, I wouldn´t be even surprised if they were all taped during one day and now are just used as filler whenever is the place.

People can say it´s shamefull, but I´m sure DAYS is afraid to really turn it into a frontburner story. It´s totally against DAYS profile and what viewers expect from the show. It´s great publicity for NBC and Dena, who is clearly using it as a way to secure her position. But it will do nothing for the show ratingwise, on the contrary it can scare people away.
Another good-read column, Nelson, and many thanks for the George Carlin tribute. I agree with Jane's assessment posted above. I don't think Days can do the autism story in a way it should be dealt with just because as others have said, Days is too moronic for this story to fit in. We still have Jawn's 'memories' on a disk, and yes, Dr Rolf waiting in the wings. A serious storyline is not believable in Salem, USA.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I hate that I am defending Higley but history shows that someone else was probably behind the reveal offscreen.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm not believing that someone else chose to not show Abe and Lexie's learning that Theo is autistic. Anyone would know that like Nelson said, that is your money shot. Abe and Lexie's reactions to the doctor telling them that their son is autistic, the camera work, going back and forth to their reaction and perhaps looking over at Theo, who is playing with toys on the ground completely oblivious to what his parents just learned about him, the doctor looking sad that she just delivered heartbreaking news to two parents...Kathryn Foster could have done wonders with these scenes. Unforutnately, that was not the case.

Dena's fucked up already and I don't care anymore about this storyline. It's all big hype and nothing that is going to make the characters of Abe and Lexie grow and develop. Like many predicted, this storyline is only going to be a plot device to break up Abe and Lexie and send Lexie into the arms of another man. Who didn't predict this?

I feel bad for James Reynolds and Renee Jones because everyone thought this was the storyline that was going to give them everything they deserve. It just started and they've been shafted.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Nelson.... I..... I..... I THINK I LOVE YOU!! :wub:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Days sucks balls. Gl sucks balls. The soap industry sucks balls
Quote Post Goto Top

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Suburban Mafia ROCKS though!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Thanks Hunter. I was so pissed when I found out they found out he's autistic off screen. I thought I had missed that episode since I was taking a break from DOOL.

Shylock

The funny thing is that this person tries to pay tribute George Carlin, but he does so with something that was falsely credited to him. Carlin did not write that and someone needs to correct the person that wrote that article. And it should have been obvious with that "we pray too little" comment, since Carlin's own views are contrary to doing that.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/paradox.asp

And also confirmation of that on his very own site: http://www.georgecarlin.com/home/dontblame.html
Edited by Shylock, Jun 30 2008, 04:17 PM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Done. Wow, several reliable website had it as Carlin. Anyway, it's changing and the person who wrote it is Dr. Bob Moorehead. Thanks for the heads up!

Mason
Member Avatar

Now that Higley's proven she's incapable of even doing what's practically her own life story justice, she just needs to GO.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Also, peeps: If you want to discuss soaps with me personally facebook.com now has a "The Suds Report" group!

Jonatha

hunterforrester
Jun 30 2008, 04:30 PM
Done. Wow, several reliable website had it as Carlin. Anyway, it's changing and the person who wrote it is Dr. Bob Moorehead. Thanks for the heads up!
It doesn't sound like George, his use of language would have been much more saltier. But I do like what it says. :smile:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I recall Carlin saying that quote though!

Deleted User
Deleted User

hunterforrester
Jun 30 2008, 03:45 PM
Suburban Mafia ROCKS though!
You read my little old creation. Great Nelson, now I have to actually try. LOL Thanks so much for the love. Can't wait for the next column to bitch about the next stupid mistake these IIC make.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply