Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Restless Days Ahead — Maria Bell & Ed Scott Speak; TVGC Feature
Topic Started: Jul 1 2008, 03:42 PM (3,288 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Restless+Days+Ahead/Soaps/Features/Articles/080701_maria_bell_ed_scott_NB.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Wow, that interview got me stoked for Y&R! I think I might start watching in August. I'm interested in seeing what the cataclysmic event is. Also, I have a feeling that Hogan is going to do wonders with my favorite Y&R bitch, Phyllis. Sounds like the show is finally turning itself around.

As for the Ed Scott interview, I love what he's done with the show production-wise, but I think everyone (including Ed) knows that he's talking out his ass about Dena Higley writing "good story." Then again, he didn't go out of his way to say she's amazing or that she's giving us the best Days ever... he simply said "good story." Obviously, that's as far as he wanted to go with it, LoL.

Looooooooove the mention of " I personally consider you the executive producer of the show, and hopefully, one day you’ll officially take over the show." What a fantastic Corday diss, LoL! I also loved the comment about how maybe Higley will finally watch the show she writes for now that the autism story has begun. Love it!

Mason
Member Avatar

I bet Ed doesn't like Higley at all, which is why work supposedly sucks so much for her lately, LoL.

I am happy to read from Ed that DAYS's renewal is pretty much a done deal, but I'm betting NBC wants to slash the show's budget like no one's business.

Manny
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 1 2008, 04:09 PM
Wow, that interview got me stoked for Y&R! I think I might start watching in August. I'm interested in seeing what the cataclysmic event is. Also, I have a feeling that Hogan is going to do wonders with my favorite Y&R bitch, Phyllis. Sounds like the show is finally turning itself around.

This has me excited about Y&R as well... but I am cautiously excited... I hope Y&R gets back on track... And yes, real Phyllis needs to come back! And to do that, I think they need to break her and Nick up.. :P

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I love, love, love BIG BROTHER!!!!!!!!! I forgot BB10 is about to begin!!!!!! If you're in Canada, pick up Hello to read my coverage on the guilty pleasure in my prime time column! Let the games begin, Janey!!!!!!

Kenny
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Jul 1 2008, 04:28 PM
I love, love, love BIG BROTHER!!!!!!!!! I forgot BB10 is about to begin!!!!!! If you're in Canada, pick up Hello to read my coverage on the guilty pleasure in my prime time column! Let the games begin, Janey!!!!!!
I'm not in Canada, but feel free to read my in-depth and amazing live feed reports right here at the DR! LoL It's in the Primetime forum. :)
Edited by Kenny, Jul 1 2008, 05:08 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I am offically stoked about the Y&R news

It's time for me to like Hogan again.

Loved him on ATWT, Loathed him on DAYS, And I just started watching Y&R yesterday so I am definitely looking forward to his stuff to see If I fall in love with his again :laugh:

Quote:

We’re re-inventing Days. And I think other shows are going to follow our lead. It has to be good drama, good writing, character-driven storylines, emotional performances, and suspense! That’s what the fans want. There’s no reason to re-invent the wheel…

That quote from Ed has me cautiously optimistic.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I'll check your BB coverage for sure! I even subscribe to those 24 feeds. No wonder I'm celibate!

jcar03
Member Avatar

Thats a scary headline.....I thought at first Ed was leaving DAYS and going back to Y&R.

Kenny
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Jul 1 2008, 05:12 PM
I'll check your BB coverage for sure! I even subscribe to those 24 feeds. No wonder I'm celibate!
LoL, that makes two of us! The feeds are such a guilty addiction.

Were you watching last season during the night of the pool orgy? My, my, my!

Mason
Member Avatar

Rick
Jul 1 2008, 05:08 PM
Quote:

We’re re-inventing Days. And I think other shows are going to follow our lead. It has to be good drama, good writing, character-driven storylines, emotional performances, and suspense! That’s what the fans want. There’s no reason to re-invent the wheel…

That quote from Ed has me cautiously optimistic.
See, I'd like to believe Ed on that, but as long as Higley's at the helm, I'm not sure that I can. She's not exactly known for character-driven stories.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

It's nice that Ed said the renewal was in the bag.

So why do I get this feeling that everyone associated with the show were told to say that so we viewers won't tune out a show that we think is getting the axe and that the renewal is actually not a done deal yet?

Call me paranoid but this IS Days and it's not like they've ever been upfront and honest with us about situations like possible cancellation, actor exits and the like.

King
Member Avatar

Nice Ed Scott interview, but enough talk already. DO IT.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

OneBadKitty
Jul 1 2008, 05:42 PM
It's nice that Ed said the renewal was in the bag.

So why do I get this feeling that everyone associated with the show were told to say that so we viewers won't tune out a show that we think is getting the axe and that the renewal is actually not a done deal yet?

Call me paranoid but this IS Days and it's not like they've ever been upfront and honest with us about situations like possible cancellation, actor exits and the like.

Good point Dawn

Mason
Member Avatar

If it were Corday, I could see that. But I actually trust Ed. I don't think he would say DAYS is being renewed if he had any doubts that it actually is.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I hope Maria's talk isn't just hype, something major needs to happen on that show.

Ed Scott is so professional, could he be even more fake with his praise for Higley and her storylines though?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

jcar03
Jul 1 2008, 05:13 PM
Thats a scary headline.....I thought at first Ed was leaving DAYS and going back to Y&R.
I thought Maria was coming to Salem. LOL!

Thanks Hunter. I really enjoyed reading both interviews.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

I am almost tempted to start watching Y&R to see what MAB has planned. As for Days, it has vastly improved, but it definitely needs more work. Glad Days' renewal is pretty much certain. Thanks Nelson for another informative column.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Yeah, and I cut most of the raving about the writing OUT! Because I don't print fiction!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

hunterforrester
Jul 1 2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah, and I cut most of the raving about the writing OUT! Because I don't print fiction!
Hmmmm, yeah. :huh:
Anyway, I'm amazed you didn't correct Ed Scott when he omitted Thaao Penglis from his list of congrats in the Emmys. Professionals that you both are, I'm sure you would have delicately mentioned this oversight, despite what either one of you might have thought, since there ARE some Thaao fans who would have read this article. Or, did you accidentally cut that out, too?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply