Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Restless Days Ahead Maria Bell & Ed Scott Speak; TVGC Feature
Topic Started: Jul 1 2008, 03:42 PM (3,378 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jul 1 2008, 08:38 PM
hunterforrester
Jul 1 2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah, and I cut most of the raving about the writing OUT! Because I don't print fiction!
Hmmmm, yeah. :huh:
Anyway, I'm amazed you didn't correct Ed Scott when he omitted Thaao Penglis from his list of congrats in the Emmys. Professionals that you both are, I'm sure you would have delicately mentioned this oversight, despite what either one of you might have thought, since there ARE some Thaao fans who would have read this article. Or, did you accidentally cut that out, too?
I noticed that too.

LOL @ you asking him he accidently cut that too. LOL!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good to hear that Days is pretty much renewed. I worry about the budget though.

Nice hearing Ed talk and I don't think he is lying. I think the show is pretty much renewed.

I think he realizes the writing isn't up to par but I do see potential with Days right now. The whole John story is full of inner conflict and Ava's inclusion has made that story amazing. The docks story is pretty good and couples like EJ/Nicole and Philip/Morgan have major potential. They are shaking things up. They are missing the boat on some things like the Abe/Lexie story and are forcing the issue a bit on others like Stax (but at least Max's story is decent) and Chan (but now we have the Kate thing to add something interesting to this). The show is not bad though. It's just been boring for a bit too long and is just now coming out of it and it needs to pick a direction and stick to it. The writing for several characters needs to improve too but episodes like yesterday make me realize it is possible to do all this, even with Higley.

I'm with Rick. Ed made me feel relatively optimistic. I just hope he is allowed to have more influence because he really could do alot to help this show from more then a production standpoint if allowed. I did like how it was mentioned he should take over the show and the dig at Higley not watching the show she is writing was a nice touch too. The praise for the Emmy nominees was nice too. I did notice Thaoo being left out but it was probably an honest mistake. I'm with Ed in hoping Days gets even more Emmy nods and perhaps wins next year. I wish Ed did the interviews and not Corday. He seems honest and is to the point.

The Y&R stuff has me excited. Look forward to Hogan's debut and seeing if Y&R can get going again.

Thanks for this, Nelson. Interesting read.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jul 1 2008, 09:22 PM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

No he didn't mention Thaao; and I can't put words in someone's mouth. I did speak to Thaao for a long time; I may turn it into a feature. Love him. He's so suave. As for Scott raving about the writing, he was more less raving about Days not being fantasy-based, and I just made his quotes succinct and tight because he began rambling. He kept repeating himself, so I just kept it short and sweet.

Mason
Member Avatar

Well, to me, the show's still boring as hell. I'm not seeing the supposed "improvement" that some others are.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I don't think you would admit it even if you did :laugh: .

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 1 2008, 10:01 PM
^I don't think you would admit it even if you did :laugh: .
Why not? If I like something I'll say it. Unfortunately, there's really been nothing on DAYS recently (aside from Ava/Nicole/E.J.) for me to speak positively of.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That's fine, Mason.

It's just that you say the same thing in nearly every thread and post. Your entitled but why keep saying the same thing over and over? That's all I am saying.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 1 2008, 10:11 PM
It's just that you say the same thing in nearly every thread and post. Your entitled but why keep saying the same thing over and over? That's all I am saying.
Well, one could say the same about you...

Kenny
Member Avatar

Alright guys, you're veering off topic here and it's heading into argument territory. I can see where this is going right now. Keep it civil and stay on topic, please! :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Not really. Yes, I'm always positive and often play devil's advocate, Mason, but I mention specifics and also mention concerns I have about some things I read and so on. I don't always like everything, either.

Like Kenny said, we are off topic and I apologize. I'm just in a picky mood today and am tired from being at the hospital with someone last night and for most of today so my apologies. I didn't mean to pick on you. :smile:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm so excited for Hogan's arrival on Y&R. I do think that he and Bell are going to balance each other out well. And just based on the complete bore that the show is right now, I think that these are all Bell's ideas. Like she said, they are fixing everything LML did to ruin Genoa City. That's why it's boring. And plus I bet that Josh Griffith gives her free reign, which is going to be a good thing for Hogan coming off the horrible time he had to endure on DAYS with Corday.

However, I am worried about this catalytic event. For some reason this has Out of the Ashes written all over it. I hope not though.

As for Ed Scott's words, he doesn't sound too excited for Higley's writing at all. Usually the EP gushes about the writer's work, saying how amazing it is. With Higley, all we get is that her writing is "good story." I really hope this bitch is going to be gone by fall. Scott's idea of "good story" highly differs from mine.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Two things: First, I don't think Ed's lying at all about DH's writing. The trick is, it's NOT that surreal shit we used to get (which I used to love, don't get me wrong.) But if you look at these powerful Trent/Max confrontations, the autism stuff, the quiet but heated topic of a May/December romance...I get more of a Y&R feel from the show now than I do a '90s "Days" feel, and viewers have to adjust to that. I have no qualms about the show. Love it. (Though I could have done without all the damn "Brady Burger" mentions today -- L-A-M-E. ONCE is enough. Any more is overkill.)

Second: As a media man, I have to criticize TV Guide for letting a Wikipedia reference slide by. It's not a real source and is highly unreliable. The LML-Bloom connection attributed to Wiki may not even be true. (Of course, it may, but since it's on Wiki, it also may not -- and that's why it's a dangerous area.)
Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jul 1 2008, 10:56 PM
However, I am worried about this catalytic event. For some reason this has Out of the Ashes written all over it. I hope not though.
This thing about the cataclysmic event worried me as well. But then, she did mention that there would be no sweeps stunts, so I hope she knows what she's doing with this event and that it will actually be something good and not just temporary like any other bad "only for shock" sweeps stunt...

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

hunterforrester
Jul 1 2008, 09:45 PM
No he didn't mention Thaao; and I can't put words in someone's mouth. I did speak to Thaao for a long time; I may turn it into a feature. Love him. He's so suave. As for Scott raving about the writing, he was more less raving about Days not being fantasy-based, and I just made his quotes succinct and tight because he began rambling. He kept repeating himself, so I just kept it short and sweet.
Just curious if you told Thaao that he didn't deserve his emmy nom like you said he didn't in about 3 consecutive articles after the noms were announced.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Of course I didn't rely on just Wikipedia, I have it confirmed from various Y&R writers she broke breakdowns, sillies! C'mon give me some credit.

As for Thaao I would NEVER say he didn't deserve an Emmy nom especaily on Emmy nite! That's so mean and not classy. However, he knows how I feel and what I wrote and he's fine with it. Sometimes fans get more upset than the actors! Actors get it more than the producers or writers do, trust me!
Edited by hunterforrester, Jul 2 2008, 09:34 AM.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Thanks Nelson, really enjoy your column and posts.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

hunterforrester
Jul 2 2008, 09:31 AM
Of course I didn't rely on just Wikipedia, I have it confirmed from various Y&R writers she broke breakdowns, sillies! C'mon give me some credit.

As for Thaao I would NEVER say he didn't deserve an Emmy nom especaily on Emmy nite! That's so mean and not classy. However, he knows how I feel and what I wrote and he's fine with it. Sometimes fans get more upset than the actors! Actors get it more than the producers or writers do, trust me!
You didn't say you talked to him on Emmy night. You just said that you have talked to him. How was I supposed to know when you talked to him?

I'm sure fans do get more upset than the actors. There's nothing wrong with that. If Thaao thinks it's ok that you said his emmy nom was a token, then God bless him. He's way classier than me.

Kenny
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Jul 2 2008, 07:01 PM
You didn't say you talked to him on Emmy night. You just said that you have talked to him. How was I supposed to know when you talked to him?

I'm sure fans do get more upset than the actors. There's nothing wrong with that. If Thaao thinks it's ok that you said his emmy nom was a token, then God bless him. He's way classier than me.
Seriously, hoochielicious, I get that you're a big Thaao fan, but since when is it against the law for someone to have an opinion?

I've remarked on many Emmy nominations in the past that I thought were complete jokes, just as I'm sure you have and thousands of others. We're all allowed to have an opinion, and I think it's unfair to give Nelson such grief over his personal point of view just because you happen to disagree with it.

downwhtone
Member Avatar

^Amen

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Calm down, let's all get along -- LOL! I don't think anyone has ever accused of lying... hello: my honesty is what gets me in hot water. Of course, I spoke to him. I cut him out of my Confessions on a Red Carpet because I want to turn it into a big feature, as I did Tuc Watkins, and other BIG stars I spoke to. Would you like to hear the tape? Would you like it in blood? LOL! I even asked if he thought his Emmy nom got him his contract! Anyway, I don't have to explain. But seriously, I still maintain he's in the wrong category, and he's certainly not in the top five LEAD actors this past year. He understands it's more of a NATAS issue and not about his talent. I also loved his reels; I thought they were fun and good.
Edited by hunterforrester, Jul 2 2008, 10:10 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply